Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Scion tC- Dash Trim Overlay/Replacement Showcase

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Scion tC- Dash Trim Overlay/Replacement Showcase

Ok so... I'm thinking about getting some dash trim overlays for my tC, but I wanted to get input from some people who'd already done it... any pics of interior with dash trim kits applied would be appreciated. Want to see what's out there and get feedback about what you guys liked/didn't like. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2006, 09:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was thinking about that before and asked for opinions here. Some people said that some overlays don't really fit well and some are really cheap.
I'm still thinking about trying some tho.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ok- so after over 120 views with only one response (which was someone else looking for more info), i've actually learned something from this thread.

It seems that no one does dash trim/replacement. Lots of people want to know what it would look like, but either nobody does it cuz it looks like crap or nobody does it because they can't find anybody who did it.

However, i know i've heard of a few people removing and painting their dash, and i saw one that looked real nice. So, there.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i'll jus add my input here to help ya out (if possible). i was thinking about getting some for my car....i was gonna pay almost $200 for 46 peice silver carbon filber over lay b/c i though it would look good on my SSM but some of the peices do not completly cover the silver stock dash that we have....n i really want it cover the whole thing,...then i learned that all dash kist did not cover the whole stock silver dash....so i plan on buying the kit but have it the same color as OEM ...i just hope it fits and wont come off ...or i mught just remove and paint my own dash parts..hope it helps
Old 04-24-2006, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by AtC2nv
.... some of the peices do not completly cover the silver stock dash that we have....n i really want it cover the whole thing,...then i learned that all dash kist did not cover the whole stock silver dash....so i plan on buying the kit but have it the same color as OEM ...i just hope it fits and wont come off ...or i mught just remove and paint my own dash parts..hope it helps
pics? i thought dash kits would cover everything except for the small side part left and right on the cover of stereo...
Old 04-24-2006, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WhiteWolfG
Originally Posted by AtC2nv
.... some of the peices do not completly cover the silver stock dash that we have....n i really want it cover the whole thing,...then i learned that all dash kist did not cover the whole stock silver dash....so i plan on buying the kit but have it the same color as OEM ...i just hope it fits and wont come off ...or i mught just remove and paint my own dash parts..hope it helps
pics? i thought dash kits would cover everything except for the small side part left and right on the cover of stereo...
yeah those are the parts iam talkin about...they dont get covered...which sux b/c dash kits for xA and xB are fully covered.