Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Seat upholstery question

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 08:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

and if your gonna spend $5,000... buy some nice sparco or bride tuner seats
Old 09-30-2009, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by game-over
and if your gonna spend $5,000... buy some nice sparco or bride tuner seats

To be honest i'd love to do just that. lol. I actually considered getting the sparco milano prestige and then just reupholstering the center parts with elephant leather, but those seats dont have the airbag built in

thats my main reason for sticking with the orginial seats. and part of the reason it costs so much is that the guy is basically only going to keep the frame of the seat and the airbag. The crappy cushioning will be replaced with memory foam, and he's going to put in this design with buttons and all. It's not like a regular diamond stitch that can be done by a machine, it has to be done by hand.

And as far as using the tiger skin seats and rug as a reference. That's a smart idea, but i cant really do that because they were imported already like that.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

im laughing my ___ off at this thread.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

This has to be a joke.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djfreeflow

And as far as using the tiger skin seats and rug as a reference. That's a smart idea, but i cant really do that because they were imported already like that.
You are joking right, do you actually want us to believe you have tiger skin seats and rug?? Dont really think so..
Old 09-30-2009, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

if you are serious..
why in a tc... i could understand a bmw, volvo..etc.. but a scion.
even if you do change to the exotic seats... your still gonna have stock dash, and door sill, and head liner...
Old 09-30-2009, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Hmm let me throw this out.

Your parents have a tiger skin rug, and you are willing to drop 5k on covers for your tc.

My comment is why the hell are you driving a scion and not a bmw?
Old 09-30-2009, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member

Lol no the rug is mine but technically it was a gift from my uncle, so i suppose that still goes along with your point of "you didnt pay for it" so ur absolutely right i didnt pay for it and i wont say i did.

And im not talking about covers. this is ripping out old cloth and putting in new.

As far as the beamer goes, my dad is a die-hard toyota/lexus customer, so if i managed to convince him to get me a luxury car it would have to be a lexus in his book. but unfortunately he's stingy as hell and i got a tc 2 years ago instead. (And my younger brother just got one this year as well, and in the exact same god dang color.)Would i like a lexus? absolutely. But am i still happy with my tc? i was content before but then when i joined a car club down here i was and still am very happy i own a tc. The club members showed me these cars leave you with lots of options to play with.

And why is tiger skin so hard to believe??? you can order it by the sq. ft online! You'd be surprised to know that not very many animals are untouchable anymore. Rhino is really the most desired one that we're not allowed to hunt. Most other things are fair game.

Now can we get back on topic?

Does anyone on this forum know anything about labor costs for re-upholstering car seats?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

5k sounds about right.

Id just get a turbo.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^Hahhaha, how much is polar bear skin?lol

Why are you so obsessed with all this animal stuff?
Old 10-01-2009, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Seven City Scions
SL Member

5k sounds about right for everything. I don't know about the buttons though, it works well in the Maserati because, well, its a Maserati. I don't think it will look right in a tc. Maybe a diamond stitch, kind of like whats in the Infiniti FX50 would look better. Also, if you want to go with a luxury/ exotic look in your car, why don't you go with something like Nappa leather especially if you want to do a pattern in the leather. Between the pattern of the leather itself and the stitching nobody would really notice the details and realize how much money you put into it. Just my two cents.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should do the head liner also.. if you want it to tie in real well.. i will not laugh at this thread anymore i wouldn't mind seeing this done.. would be interesting and you could win some shows.. just don't half @$$ it.. tie everything together do the doors and things as well.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Custom trunk encloser wrapped in elephant.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ08tC
^^^Hahhaha, how much is polar bear skin?lol

Why are you so obsessed with all this animal stuff?
lol honestly i suppose its just a south texas thing, we got guys driving vettes with ostrich leather, 300c's with stingray leather, and hayabusa's with croc skin. i dont know how to explain it, we just like our animal skins lol.

"5k sounds about right for everything. I don't know about the buttons though, it works well in the Maserati because, well, its a Maserati. I don't think it will look right in a tc. Maybe a diamond stitch, kind of like whats in the Infiniti FX50 would look better. Also, if you want to go with a luxury/ exotic look in your car, why don't you go with something like Nappa leather especially if you want to do a pattern in the leather. Between the pattern of the leather itself and the stitching nobody would really notice the details and realize how much money you put into it. Just my two cents."

I've actually been discussing the issue of the diamonds and buttons hiding the fact that its elephant leather, with the trim guy. So what I might end up doing is something more similar to this but im not sure yet if i want to give up the buttons lol

I'm actually in love with Nappa leather I have a motorcycle jacket made of it, but the thing is that it's such supple leather that its actually delicate and it actually starts fade and crack in certain areas, and i know most people who own something in nappa leather say that's just character, and it makes it more unique but i just dont dig it. And it's definitely going to fade and crack quickly if im sitting on it everyday, while on the other hand the only leather more durable than elephant is rhino. It's pretty dang tough and can take quite a beating, which is partly why I chose elephant rather than stingray or something else.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by CSUnited14
you should do the head liner also.. if you want it to tie in real well.. i will not laugh at this thread anymore i wouldn't mind seeing this done.. would be interesting and you could win some shows.. just don't half @$$ it.. tie everything together do the doors and things as well.
Oh i totally feel you on that one, I'm definitely doing the door panels and armrest cover but I need to talk to the guy to see what we can do with the headliner, because a friend of mine got ostrich leather on his headliner and it started sagging 6 months later due to the sheer weight of the leather. but i'd love to do the headliner, and hopefully i'll be able to.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am just messing with you man, I do find it weird and funny to spend money on stuff like that, just seems random. But post pics if you get it done
Old 10-01-2009, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Stop posting pictures of Bentleys. You drive a ____ing SCION TC. An ECONOMY car.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:30 AM

no elephant interior! all ruff, ewww
Old 10-01-2009, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by djfreeflow
lol honestly i suppose its just a south texas thing
not south texas...."DEEP DEEP bornderline US/MEX" south texas thing.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

When I read this thread. I see someone walking in the jungle. Stalking and waiting for the KILL. Then you see it. An ELEPHANT... You let out the Indian cry. Woa woa woa woa woa woa. You charge with your spear. You throw it.... It's a hit!!!! She goes down. The hunt is over. So you pull your scion up to the kill spot, And load her up. And now. Here we are finding out if it's worth $5000

Quick Reply: Seat upholstery question