Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Seats wearing out after 10K miles?!!? Any advice/experience?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Seats wearing out after 10K miles?!!? Any advice/experience?

My driver seat's fabric is getting thin in some spots and I just rolled 10,000 miles the other day...I don't do anything special when I get in and out! I don't get it! I can almost get my finger to go through one of the thread loops! that's how worn out one of the spots is! Is this covered under warranty? Anyone else had this happen?

Thanks for the help in advance.

-S-
Old 05-16-2006, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member

I would say it IS still covered by warranty. i am not sure if that is factual. I read another thread somewhere that some guy had white spots on the fabric of his driver's side seat because he left the window open when it rained. The dealership redid the driver's side seat fabric and he said it was covered under warranty. So after that i would assume that seat belt fabric can also be under warranty.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

abnormal wear IS covered under the warranty, but the key word is abnormal. You'll have to be convincing enough to the dealership that any wear showing is abnormal. One idea is to show them another TC with more mileage that does not have a problem and yours does. Also any proof that the clothing you are wearing could not cause wear, as in, the vehicle is used for work ONLY and you are a lawyer who HAS to wear a business suit every day. Rather than personal use for a rock star with metal chains attatched to every piece of fabric that is grinding away at the material. Things like jeans with rigid edges, velcro back pockets, coat with zippers, etc will all cause more wear than say, silk everything.

But Goodluck...
Old 05-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

That's odd...I rolled 35k last weekend...no wear really at all.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMO you should take it to the dealer. If it's an area of the seat that is legitimately worn and not ripped, etc. then they'll replace it.

I don't really see how the seat could wear out that quickly just sitting on it, getting in and out etc. However... once there's a snag in the fabric and it's compromized... it doesn't take long for it turn into a big hole.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive had several problems with my seats.. they suck! the cloth they used is really cheap.. im approaching 17k, and well the seats are faded from rain, and realllly worn on both seats.. oh well.. thinking of getting leather or racing seats anyways