Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

serious probelms

Old 01-01-2006, 05:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default serious probelms

ever since i installed my megan racing header i have had some serious censor problems. Not only is my cel light up but my low inflation light is up and i have enough inflation in my tires. I heard i could try reseting my car by unplugging the battery but is that gonna work?
Old 01-01-2006, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: serious probelms

Originally Posted by jerzeysanswer
ever since i installed my megan racing header i have had some serious censor problems. Not only is my cel light up but my low inflation light is up and i have enough inflation in my tires. I heard i could try reseting my car by unplugging the battery but is that gonna work?
Reset the ecu and see if that works, if it doesn't take it in to get it checked on. Its nothing serious, for a second i thought you blew some piston rings or something with a f/i set up, or blew up your motor. lol
Old 01-01-2006, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should reset ecu and see what happens. disconnect the battery terminal for about a minute and thne put it back on
Old 01-02-2006, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Jersey..... please make sure to buy a tire pressure tool and check to see if all your PSI's are within 2-3 PSI tops... it doesn't have to look like it for your light to go off...

Also, when you replaced your stock header with the megan header, did you make sure to do the antifouler modification? Cause with any aftermarket header, you will get a check engine light if you don't modify the second o2.

PM me if you have any more questions, I'll help you out.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
Jersey..... please make sure to buy a tire pressure tool and check to see if all your PSI's are within 2-3 PSI tops... it doesn't have to look like it for your light to go off...

Also, when you replaced your stock header with the megan header, did you make sure to do the antifouler modification? Cause with any aftermarket header, you will get a check engine light if you don't modify the second o2.

PM me if you have any more questions, I'll help you out.
Thats not entirely true, i didn't have to modify my o2 censor with mine. I know i don't have a tC but it shouldn't make a difference anyway. I know a few tC owners with header's and they didn't have to modify the o2, of course it does happen but its rare that you would need to with a 4-1. 4-2-1 its more common to to do some o2 work.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have VERY VERY rarely heard of any tC that didn't have a CEL with any of the header setups... I know you'll definately get one with a Megan, MM, DC Sports, and Alphawerks... it's only a matter of time... people without CEL's and headers (If they don't do a antifouler or o2 sim) are almost always an exception to the norm. in the tC world.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have VERY VERY rarely heard of any tC that didn't have a CEL with any of the header setups... I know you'll definately get one with a Megan, MM, DC Sports, and Alphawerks... it's only a matter of time... people without CEL's and headers (If they don't do a antifouler or o2 sim) are almost always an exception to the norm. in the tC world.
*Shrug*, everyone i know of with a 4-1 hasn't had a CEL issue, i know theres a few though. Every cel issue i've heard, read, or seen was with a 4-2-1. Not saying you are wrong, but to say with any aftermarket header you will have cel issues is too general and broad of a statement to be true. Sure, 70-75% chance you will within the first week or so of install, so its definitely likely but from what i've seen, it really depends on what set up you are running.

And i know with the xb/xa, theres very few people throwing cels with just a header.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

In tC land..... I'd put my money on Black (Which means CEL)

LoL.... even Monster Motorworks tried to make a CEL-Less header and couldn't pull it off on our tC setup...
Old 01-02-2006, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In tC land..... I'd put my money on Black (Which means CEL)

LoL.... even Monster Motorworks tried to make a CEL-Less header and couldn't pull it off on our tC setup...
They were also focusing 90% on making the most gains to date with a header alone. tC lane eh, you guys have a island now?? lol, whats it like in tC land?

We could go back and forth all day with this i'm sure, but my point was just because you install a header, doesn't mean you will 100% get a cel thrown. Its more common in 4-2-1 than 4-1 header's, this goes for any car, any motor. It does happen, i'm not denying that it doesn't.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'd aim on 97.5%.... LOL
Old 01-02-2006, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

almost every tc with a aftermarket header will get a CEL light unless they have the antifouler method or modifying the 02 sensor becuase of the deletion of the pre-cat on the stock header.... WeDriveScions you are right, many companies such as MM and megan racing have tried to make a CEL less header but were not successful....so as for the tC's you will get a CEL light with a aftermarkter header unless you mod the 02 sensor ..oooo by the way WeDriveScions hope to see you at the upcoming Scion Kickoff show on the 21st of jan
Old 01-02-2006, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well if majority of you tC owners are getting cels, then sucks for you. The people i talk to regularly, some have thrown some haven't. I've never had a issue thus far.

Did the guy that started this thread reset the ecu yet?
Old 01-02-2006, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Hope to see you guys all there down south as well
Old 01-02-2006, 04:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there a mod thread for anti fouler mod on the O2 sensor for a header upgrade....I haven't seen it yet......Still looking though
Old 01-02-2006, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by O5Toaster-xb
Is there a mod thread for anti fouler mod on the O2 sensor for a header upgrade....I haven't seen it yet......Still looking though
Don't believe so, you can start one if you have looked through several pages. It won't matter, i've never seen one.. There was an o2 sensor thread a while back (months ago), but it wasn't about correcting the issue. It was mainly asking what caused his cel lights.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i fixed it its all good i just pressed teh button in the glove compartment