Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Sirius ESN from stock head unit

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:58 AM

Default Sirius ESN from stock head unit

I'm pretty sure that I have the stock 2005 AM/FM/CD-Player/SAT-read head unit. There is also a Sirius antennae on the roof near the a-pillar. Do I have everything I need to activate Sirius?

Sirius is asking for a ESN/SID number for activation and they can't tell me how to get it. Can someone tell me how to retrieve the ESN? Thanks a bunch!

Drew
Old 11-06-2008, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Look under your passenger seat for a Sirius module, otherwise it may be in the dash by the radio. The number you need should be on the bottom of that module.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

select the channel 255 and hit the text buttion they number comes up there. The person on the phone should be able to give you the ESN. from you cats VIN number , That how they got mine last time.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:57 AM

Thanks guys. 'Taint nuthin under my seats. What would the module look like? How big is it? This head unit says that it's SAT capable.

I tried to tune to channed 255 but the tuning buttons don't do anything. The text keeps saying NO TUNER.

I did call Sirius, the guy told me that there is no information for this radio in the locations that usually have that information. We agreed that was a little strange...if they had been able to help, they would have my money already!
Old 11-06-2008, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

check behind your glove box. next to the ecu. That is where the dealership installed mine. DO you have that big triangle looking antenna ? The module is a blue and gray box, it says Sirius on it. Hard to miss you can fallow the thick black wire at the back of the head unit to it. Its a really long wire about 10 long.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:29 AM

My antenna is a pretty small magnetic cube. Looked under the glovebox, saw the ecu but nothing else. There's a bracket under the driver's seat, right in the middle, with nothing on it. Maybe this is why the head unit says No Tuner...because this part is gone?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

yea if you had the tuner in. it would say no signal or Call 1888 something to reconnect.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:56 AM

The bastards took my foglights too, I noticed the other day. Thanks for the help...at least we found one piece of the puzzle.

Now I know I don't have to stay with Sirius. What's best? Go to the dealership to get a tuner, or go to a car audio shop?

That head unit's not too bad. The door speakers are ok. I had the thing maxed out, everything was there except for a lot of bass. My brother had a scion tube subwoofer in his xA...he kept that but none of the mounting hardware. I need to find the hardware somewhere then I'll have a decent system for not a lot of dough!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you buy the tC used? Sounds like Sirius was hooked up through a 'plug-n-play' portable satellite receiver.
For the 'o5 HU, you're going to need an Aux. Adapter in order for a portable receiver to work. Best bet; do yourself
a favor and upgrade the HU. Better sound and the ability to hook up satellite and an iPod for cheap.

It probably doesn't matter which satellite radio provider you choose. Sirius and XM are going to merge
some time next year.

You can change the equalizer on the HU. Press and hold the SSP button until you hear it beep. Press the
+ or - VOL button the change the vehicle type. I believe I used to have mine set on the xB setting. Try it out.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:08 AM

Thanks hyghgynx! FWIW, this thread is about a used 05 xB I bought last week. I got zero response in the xB forum.