Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Some Interior and Electronics Qs...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 04:06 AM
SL Member

Default Some Interior and Electronics Qs...

I have 2 questions.

First: Is there an aftermarket interior filter for the tC? I found a filter drawer inside and I asked Toyota, they said they sell no such A/C filter, and the tC isn't designed to have one in the first place. What is that drawer for if it can't have one?

And last: I'm thinking about installing a new system with a GPS, DVD, and a good speaker setup that's good for classical music, techno, modern R&B and classic rock (Yes, I have a weird taste for music.). I want a detailed sound that can only be heard inside and could also be set to give loud music that could take women's colthes off from the bass! I'd pay up to 2grand.

I actually got a quote for that much at a local car audio center, but the Latino dude told me to get MTX and Pioneer stuff. He sampled it to me and I wasn't impressed one bit, the sound is scattered, more on the bass end, and it's rough, not refined. I want something like my 80's Onkyo system and newer Klipsch system that gives sweet/defined sound for easy listening on low volumes and EQ set right and still could be blasted to high vols for house parties. Is that possible to do in a car?

Thanks!
Old 12-15-2008, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

There are many threads on the interior filter, including a huge one that also tells you where to buy filter material for dirt cheap to put in there. Just search for it.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Filter- Just get some 3m filter from the home depot. like the stuff you put in your house's air conditioning system, cut out a piece to fit the tray and ur good.

for the system I'll let someone else take over that bit, im not pro in sound but i found that u can get some very nice sound from our cars. Personally i have a single 12 running off the stock HU. Kenwood W3011 powered from an 8104D mono block amp. I found it to be great for rap and oldies(Led Zep, Pink Floyd etc). However its a little sloppy when it comes to techno but what ever, only cost me like 250 bucks total so I can't complain. I think you might want to look into some Boston stuff.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've heard good things about DLS speakers and Memphis subs.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

for classical, techno, and rock...dont get subs any bigger than 10"s....they should align good with the tremble or other specs with sound of that kind of music. mind experienced opinion and pros who does audio.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:15 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by rcf22
I've heard good things about DLS speakers and Memphis subs.
I checked the site, those speakers look top-notch! The Memphis speakers and the big Memphis Mojos has that quality and heavy magnet look into it... The question is, how many speakers and subs do I need for a decent setup and do I need fiberglass reinforcements for those huge subs and do I need to swap the alternator to a higher capacity one? How about GPS, which makes the best fitting ones with the best EMUs that gives best sound?

Thanks.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:21 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

the pioneer avic-f90bt is the only avic i've seen in pioneer's premier series.. and the pre-outs for the thing is 4.0V

you got the gps, the dvd playing capabilities, and a nice foundation for audio.

match it up with amps, components... etc..

and you should be rockin'.