Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

THE tC iPod Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Headsh0t
Ok, so if that is the case, how else can I get my iPod runnin' through the car stereo? Is there even another way?

Originally Posted by rjj130
Originally Posted by Headsh0t
Hi guys, I just have a quick question. I've been looking into doing somethin' to get my iPod runnin' through my stereo and have decided to go with the ipod2car. I have the factory 6 cd changer, but I have non-factory subwoofers. So I'm wondering if I can still run it through with the subs. Some one told me I couldn't so I wanna find out before I make a purchase. Thanks
To my knowledge iPod2car will not work with a 6CD factory radio. The reason is because you actually have to hit the 'CD' button to change the 'discs' to get to the iPod2car.

If anyone else can prove me wrong, but I think it's even on their site???
If you hit up the 'Tech Section' on SL.com you'll see there are a few different options for installing an iPod.... do a little searching.

I'd provide a link but I just woke up and I'm too lazy...
Old 08-11-2006, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just got an 07 w/ ipod stereo upgrade. connected my nano to the cable and into the jack in the armrest... nothing happens. ipod doesn't turn on automatically and the aux button doesn't do anything on the cd player. any tips?
Old 08-12-2006, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member

This past Wednesday I bought an '06 tC and asked for the "iPod capable and Sirius" stereo setup. The salesguy said I need ti get the Sirius thing done on my own and to go to Best Buy (I should have known right then and there I was in for trouble)....so after all the paperwork is finished I come out and am then told I got the '07 stereo with 6CD changer....this model doesn't have an AUX option on the interface and the iPod won't play when plugged in the AUX outlet in the armrest.

I am wondering just what I need to do in addition to heading straight for the dealer tomorrow morning...this will be my 2nd trip back to them since leaving the dealership at 11:30pm Wednesday night....they totally wrecked the silver console when the installed the radio so the dealer ordered a new piece for me.

Any one have any ideas?
Old 08-15-2006, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member

Default 05 scion?

hi i have an 05 scion tc (doesnt have the input jack in the armrest, no steering wheel controls) but i had the HU swapped out (bought the 06 HU on ebay). It's the one with only one ****, not three.

anyways im pretty sure it supports aux in, but i dont know if it supports ipods?
what do i need to buy (cheapest possible) to get my ipod to plug into the HU?

so i guess in other words, im missing the aux in jack hardware and all i have is the 06 HU.

what do i need to get if i:
Just want the ipod to plug in via a 3.5 mm jack into the aux in, and no control on the HU itself and only on the ipod...

or

Want to plug the ipod in using a dock connector, and be able to control it through the HU (is this even possible?)

sorry i keep reading up on this, and ppl are saying different things and i got a bit confused...
Old 09-14-2006, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i took apart the center console just so when i do mod it, i know in advance what to do. after putting everything together, i tried to close my windows, like usual. both driver and passenger side windows are auto for the driver and it wasn't automatically closing for the driver side and did not even work for the passenger side. i might've messed with some type of wiring in the console but i didn't take anything else apart or messed with anything else. anyone curious as to why this is happening??
Old 10-18-2006, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ipod ready radio from scion

i am looking at getting the ipod ready scion radio of my 07 tc. this will fit into my non ipod tc right?
i want to run the cable under the cup holders and get it inot the arm rest. can this be done?? i was reading somwhere that you might not be able to.

how good is this unit?? should i upgrade the speakers? any thoughts on the subject. mainly i want input on the scion radio..

thanks
Old 10-18-2006, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

if u get the upgraded pioneer from scion, the ipod hookup comes with the stereo. and it is run into the armrest. the conduit for it is already installed, and when u upgrade the radio they just run the wiring.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

does anyone know if there's a way to have the 07 aux input work on an 05 stock radio? Please let me know.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have yet to get a positive answer as to what option will work with the factory 6 disc cd changer.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It took me a year of having my 1st Tc to find out that i could burn an mp3 CD that held 150 songs. So then I would only carry 2 cds with me instead of 20.

Now, I have an ipod that holds 7,000 songs and it hides in my glovebox and plays through my indash dvd player and I never run out of songs and need no cds.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by tcrs2424
does anyone know if there's a way to have the 07 aux input work on an 05 stock radio? Please let me know.
might be. but all the people i know that have the 05s just get the PIE Aux-In for toyotas. i dont think ive heard of any people using the aux cable from later tCs..
Old 12-14-2006, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks, you have a link? I might get it after christmas...
Old 12-14-2006, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

heres a link to a thread my friend made when he installed it.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ghlight=dakine

i think he got it at circuit city. and im sure best buy has an equilvalent also.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet thanks man.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is it possible to make the iPod shuffle songs using the 2006 iPod upgrade stereo? When I go into the menus, I don't see the shuffle option.

If I can't get this to work, I made a mistake purchasing this head unit. My main use of my iPod in the car is to just shuffle all of the songs. Seeing the song titles and being able to control the iPod through the head unit is nice, but it isn't worth giving up the shuffle feature. I'll probably just hook my iPod up through the AUX input if I can't shuffle.

I really hope this is possible. I can't imagine Scion wouldn't have supported Shuffling songs.

Thanks,
Old 12-20-2006, 07:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

just hit the "1" on the 1-6 radio presets.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

at least that's how it is on the xA's

just above the "1" it should say, "Rand" or "Random" something like that.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by elninyo
i took apart the center console just so when i do mod it, i know in advance what to do. after putting everything together, i tried to close my windows, like usual. both driver and passenger side windows are auto for the driver and it wasn't automatically closing for the driver side and did not even work for the passenger side. i might've messed with some type of wiring in the console but i didn't take anything else apart or messed with anything else. anyone curious as to why this is happening??
did u disconnect the battery when you looked at everything? if so you need to reset your windows.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

is there any HU that'll play the video from an iPOD?
Old 12-29-2006, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys, I was looking at the Denion http://www.diceelectronics.com/ipod_integration.htm and it says that it will display the track name and artist if the stereo is able to display CD text. I'm pretty sure our radios display CD text.

My question is for anyone who has this set up in their car: Does it really display the artist name and track name?

I have my iPod connected via the aux port now but it only displays 1---1 as track number and disc number. I want to see the names.

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: THE tC iPod Thread