Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Upgraded factory Pioneer cd player

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Upgraded factory Pioneer cd player

I noticed when I bought my 06 TC that it had the old Pioneer factory unit in it, rather than the upgraded one which can connect to my Ipod. A black cherry TC that I test drove had that newer Pioneer deck that I wanted. Anyways, would I be able to go to my local dealer and have them install it? Has anyone else done this, plus how much did it cost you? In my opinion, it should be free with no charge.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you saying you want the dealer to upgrade your deck to the IPOD one for free?

Well I dont think your going to get it for free, its not cheap. You should have added it when you got the car.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What do you mean the "old" factory head unit? Does yours have a volume **** or buttons?

Just b/c it doesn't have the iPod hookup, doesn't mean it's the old one. There is an 06 radio that doesn't have the iPod option. And if you want the iPod option, they likely wouldn't be able to do it after the purchase since there is a jack that needs to be intalled in your center console - which I believe is done at port, before the dealer gets the car.

And why do you think it should be free??
Old 05-30-2006, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Vapid
Are you saying you want the dealer to upgrade your deck to the IPOD one for free?

Well I dont think your going to get it for free, its not cheap. You should have added it when you got the car.

Greed gets to me!
Old 05-30-2006, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
What do you mean the "old" factory head unit? Does yours have a volume **** or buttons?

Just b/c it doesn't have the iPod hookup, doesn't mean it's the old one. There is an 06 radio that doesn't have the iPod option. And if you want the iPod option, they likely wouldn't be able to do it after the purchase since there is a jack that needs to be intalled in your center console - which I believe is done at port, before the dealer gets the car.

And why do you think it should be free??

Well my dealer didnt mention anything about the upgraded unit, but overall, I am completely satisfied with my 06 TC purchase for my stepdaughter. I guess greed is inside me. Thanks for your response.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

You might be thinking of the MP3 player input hookup thats in the arm-rest box next to the second power adaptor on the 06 Models. You can connect your ipod there, you just wont have control over your ipod through the head unit like with the upgraded one.