Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Default *The TC resting in Pieces* UPDATE 12/18 w PICS Now ver.2.0

Well, my girl was on her way to school (night school) and she leaves the house. About 15mins later, I get a call from her, and she is crying histerically and saying she has been in an accident. We spent an hr or so at the hospital. Everything is fine with her, despite a few bumps and stuff. It should have been 10 times worst seeing as she didn't have her seat belt on. WEARING YOUR SEAT BELT IS ONE OF MY PET PEAVES! I am always yelling at her to put it on when we go somewhere. I am more ____ed that she wasn't wearing her seat belt, knowing that I always yelling for her to put it on. Not only that ladies and gentlemen....the AIR BAGS DID NOT DEPLOY.

The impact was from the drivers side, and at such an angle, no air bag sensors were tripped. We paid extra to have side curtain air bags and those didn't deploy either. I believe the sensors are typically located in the fender of the vehicle. But due to the angularity of the impact, that senor was never tripped. But all debris and metal was shoved back into the engine bay. The Injen CAI looked like someone bit it in two. God blessed her, and she did not recieve any bodily harm. BUT that dosen't stop the bodily harm I'M going to cause her for not wearing her seat belt...I'll wait till she isn't sore anymore, then I'm going to kick her a@$.

I will update this thread with pics tomorrow, when I go to the tow yard.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

im sorry to hear that man. i know how you feel. i got in a bad accident over the summer with my first tC. i hope everything works out for you. and im glad to hear that she is ok. good luck with everything.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, happy shes ok...
Old 11-01-2005, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Glad everyones alright, are you going to be getting another tC or what?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

please be with this tC that was taken before its time, but we know that somewhere out there in this huge scioniverse, one tC must go for the rest to be great...oh you will buy another one right, please tell me that you will

please be with this young girl for the but whoopin she is about to recieve
Old 11-01-2005, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder if her not wearing her seatbelt has anything to do with the airbags not being deployed??? And I hope she gets better as well. Don't worry about the car, it's just material.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you would so get caught in Cali if you were not wearing your seat beat. ... I can't believe you can get away with it in TN. i just it's just rural area.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

durn whippersnappers!

That's what I'd say/do if I had a daughter and my daughter got in an accident and wasn't wearing her seatbelt. Then I'd hug her and ground her for life until the next week

[needless to say I'm glad your daughter is well, and sorry about the car. I hope someone somewhere within the accident learned a lesson for their own well being and the safety of others =]
Old 11-01-2005, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've seen other crashes where airbags didn't deploy when they should have. i'm almost certain it has to do with not wearing a seatbelt
Old 11-01-2005, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That sucks. tC's can be replaced please don't kick ya girl's a$$!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sorry to hear about the car and glad to hear your lady is ok.

Cars come and go lives do not.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:23 AM
Banned
SL Member

I have that curtain air bag system, does the entire car inflate like a ballon? Anyone know? I feel if something hits me and the airbags go off i'm gonna die because their are so many

Good to hear your gal is alright, I've been t boned before ____ wasn't fun I'll tell you that man. The car I was in didn't have any freaking Air bags once so ever, we were tossed around like dummies inside. Sob hit us at 40+ mph, I hope all of you who drink and drive ____ing die immediately.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How does she drive around in it with it beeping at her for not wearing her seat belt? I know it goes off eventually but it always drives me crazy!

Glad your lady is ok, send her good wishes from all of us here on ScionLife.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by A_Missile
How does she drive around in it with it beeping at her for not wearing her seat belt? I know it goes off eventually but it always drives me crazy!
You can turn it off. It is a secret though.
Mine doesn't beep anymore.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really sorry to hear about your car getting trashed.

In all due respect, not wearing a seatbelt is just plain ignorant and she is dang lucky she is not seriously injured. No gaurantees it would of made a difference, I just know what can happen without wearing one. I was ran off the road at high speed by a drunk driver once, no seatbelt, I could of saved the car if I had better control, 4 people injured though minor, we where very luck, that was 35 years ago and I wear one every time I drive now, feel naked without it. I had a cousin that was killed two days before his first child was to be born because he was not wearing a seatbelt. He was 18 and already held 3 patents and had 6 more applied for, what a waste!!!

If she does not start wearing a seatbelt every single time she drives I would not have children by her, really;)

Rick
Old 11-01-2005, 07:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, good thing shes alrite
Old 11-01-2005, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

shame about the tC, and im glad to hear shes alright.

its weird that the airbags didnt deploy, but then again, you have to give the tC credit. it sounds like it was a pretty violent collision, and the fact that she didnt get hurt (even though she wasnt wearing a seat belt) is a testament to how effective those monster side impact beams in the doors are. people complain about the weight of the doors all the time, but they do come in handy in a side impact collision.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear about the car, but luckily your girl is okay. everything else can be taken care of. scary about the airbags, i paid for the side curtains too and i would be ____ed if i got hit hard and they didnt go off.

with all the f/i stuff comming out for the tc ive been looking for someone to donate an ecu to work towards getting an info about the way it works, maybe work towards a tuneable standalone. hondata type. let me know if you'ld be able or interested in donating. id gladly pay for shipping.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Sorry to hear about your car and your girl.. It seems some f**ker hurt both of the loves in your life and that sucks... I'm am glad to hear your girl is ok and not hurt, I just hope that your car is gonna be ok now too..
Old 11-01-2005, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Poison
I have that curtain air bag system, does the entire car inflate like a ballon? Anyone know? I feel if something hits me and the airbags go off i'm gonna die because their are so many

apparently you no longer need to worry

Quick Reply: *The TC resting in Pieces* UPDATE 12/18 w PICS Now ver.2.0