Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

06 tC Lock issues.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 07:04 PM

Default 06 tC Lock issues.

I'm having some issues with my door locks. I've searched the threads, but can't seem to find anything about my specific problem.

Originally, I had some issues where the driver's door power lock would either not unlock/lock or be very weak. By weak I mean that the manual lock toggle lever would flip about half way. Currently, nothing happens and the only ways to lock or unlock the driver's door is with the key or manual toggle.... The passenger door has given me similar issues in the past, but has not been a problem in months.

I know this sounds like an actuator. I've already replaced it. Figured maybe I got one that was DOA so I tried another and got nothing. Both parts were brand new. I didn't actually put the second one in, but I did take the panel off and plug the connector and tried the buttons. Still got nothing. I still am able to unlock the passenger door with the key by turning it twice. I have hooked a multimeter up to the pins and hit the switches,but that was (as I expected) an exercise in futility. I'm not sure what pin I should be trying so I tried every one to a ground. Didn't help. I got a few peaks on the meter, but not enough and too fast to be useful.

The key fob DOES work for the passenger side and trunk. It does lock and unlock, flashes the lights and sets off the alarm so the fob and presumably the computer work properly. I have checked every fuse in the car. I'm at a loss here. I thought about the master switch, but I don't want to throw $350+ on a part that's not returnable should it be the issue. I'm not sure how I can test it, though. The only other thing I can think is a broken wire somewhere. Does someone here have a diagram of the wires? Everything else on the door works. Manual lock works. Key works. Both windows work fine.

Any thoughts on what I could try?