Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

1st tC Road Trip..

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 06:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 1st tC Road Trip..

Went to the 10,000 Lakes Music Festival in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota this weekend. It was my first road trip w/the tC and I've gotta say, it was awesome. When I was leaving, the ODO read somewhere around 560 miles. It being a 630 mi. trip each way, my tC is pushing 2000 miles. With the seats folded flat, we fit everything two people would need for about 5 days (food and beer for 5 people) pretty tight. It was an 8 hour drive from Chicago to the campground. For the first 6 or so hours, the seats were plenty comfortable, after that, you need to get out and stretch. The campground we stayed at was pretty rustic. The car had to do some offroading to get around and I'm happy to say it did so fairly easily. The combination of the manual gearbox and that torque'y little engine made for some fun. Seems like after all the mileage, my tC is broken in all the way. It may just be getting used to the car, but it definitely seems to be a bit quicker and handles slightly better since I bought it. I'm starting to think the tC could be up for car of the year.. seeing as it really is reinventing sub-compact standards. But anyway.. I definitely got some looks wherever I went w/the tC. Everything from "hey man what kinda car is that?!" to "Look at that car."

Here's a few random pics from around before we left and during the fest.

Old 07-06-2004, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

a few of those shots look like you photoshoped them....did you?
Old 07-06-2004, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they look right to me... =/
Old 07-06-2004, 06:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm not too sure what there is to photoshop.. but no, those are straight off my camera. 'cept for the one w/my license plate on it, they were just resized.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default wow..

sucks how dirt shows up so well on the black tC, i'm getting a black one soon. i don't know if anyone noticed how it went from nice and clean on the before he left on first pic to last one where it's all dusty and dirty looking.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:49 AM
S3X
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

was that a comet?
Old 07-06-2004, 09:52 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: 1st tC Road Trip..

They probley could not figure out what it looks like, Man I waited so long for the TC and looking at it ...well it looks so goofy....no my dream car is just plain ugly.......ughhhhhhhh
Old 07-06-2004, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the pic of your instrument cluster CervezA. Looks like you're at 3600 rpm going 78 mph. For me at least, it puts to bed concerns about short gearing in 5th with the manual. Those numbers are right in line with what I drive now. With the tC's sound deadening, I expect highway cruising won't be much of an issue at all.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CervezA
Picture Captions:
- In this rare photo, National Geographic was able to catch the famed tC in the wild.

- The unspecting campers had no chance to fight off the beast some have come to call the tC.

- "Damnit John! Did you forget to put a leash on tC before we left the house? He followed us camping again!"
Old 07-06-2004, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol.. thx for the captions..

Originally Posted by 16x9
Thanks for the pic of your instrument cluster CervezA. Looks like you're at 3600 rpm going 78 mph. For me at least, it puts to bed concerns about short gearing in 5th with the manual. Those numbers are right in line with what I drive now. With the tC's sound deadening, I expect highway cruising won't be much of an issue at all.
Ya know... at first it seemed like it was revving high, but as the trip went on (as the engine broke into the higher rpms) it came down quite a bit. This trip put to rest a LOT of my concerns (and I mean all of 'em!)... I feel extremely comfortable driving her now.

'bout the comet... I'm not too sure if we meant to get that (we were pretty blasted on the way up there) but if it is.. awesome! it may just be a blur tho, lol
You could only REALLY tell about the dirt if ur within a foot of the car or when u shine a light directly on it. but yeah, definitely a _____ to keep clean, lol. had a black camry b4 this car; didnt seem nearly as hard to keep clean. speakin of which.. i gotta vacum it out and take it over to the dealer for a wash. later guys.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

for those of u who like picturs....

i'm in the blue

hit 1500!

we had some wicked rainbows comin thru!

one of the meaner looking mornings.. turned into one nice ___ day tho

different angle

road trip pic w/my camera phone.. it was so beautiful out there

john mayer playin on stage..!

the string cheese incident.. awesome jam band

another drivin pic
Old 07-06-2004, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

...the flash from the camera sometimes (all the time?) makes funny shadows that make things look like a cutout.

I believe that's what it is.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
They probley could not figure out what it looks like, Man I waited so long for the TC and looking at it ...well it looks so goofy....no my dream car is just plain ugly.......ughhhhhhhh
no offense, but could you stop it with this having to tell everybody in every single thread that you hate the tC... WE SAW WHAT YOU SAID THE FIRST TIME IN YOUR OWN THREAD

I swear, sometimes I think you're from some competing car company who's just here to try and sway people away from a good thing.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no offence, but i do think it's time for you to get a better digital camera.....
Old 07-06-2004, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by haihengh
no offence, but i do think it's time for you to get a better digital camera.....
the last 4 were out of my sprint phone.. Only the first 5 were w/my digi.

Lotta nitpicky people 'round here
Old 07-07-2004, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by haihengh

he did mention that he used his camera phone in his post...try reading before you write, it usually helps
Old 07-07-2004, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cars get dusty when you drive 600 miles and off the paved road no matter what the color. I think. :D looks like you drove that thing through a desert rally hommie.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i already said that gypsy person must work for honda..
Old 07-07-2004, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by maybeillcatchfire
i already said that gypsy person must work for honda..
lol I wouldn't be suprised. I've read about 5 different posts where he/she says how ugly he/she thinks it is. maybe just incase some one didn't get the thread he/she started about it.

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
We got that you don't like it the first couple of times.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

lol, you folkies like to gossip... Just because cybergypsy doesn't like the tC doesn't mean she works for a competitor. It's true that she's been waiting for a tC, ever since it was press released. Look it up, her posts are there. ____, she has even has an xA! I have an xA too and I was afraid that I'd want a tC. But after going to the tC Unleashed event, I can safely say the tC wasn't for me. Plus, I rather have her buy a Lotus Elise... :twisted:

CervezA, did the "new car" smell go away and "skank" smell take over?

Quick Reply: 1st tC Road Trip..