Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

2008 5 Spd. tC OR 05-06 RSX-S 6 Spd

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member

Default 2008 5 Spd. tC OR 05-06 RSX-S 6 Spd

Which would u buy if they were around the same price???
tC pros: NEW CAR--- NOT 2 BAD INSURANCE---NICE MOONROOF AND BACK SEATS COMFY.

tC cons: SLOWER THAN TYPE S--- 5 SPD NOT 6---- LOW RED LINE

RSX pros: 8100 REDLINE---V-TEC KICKS HARD --- LEATHER SEATS--- LOOKS SHARP

RSX cons: BACK SEAT SUCKS---- INSURANCE MIGHT B EXPENSIVE ------

So maybe u guys can help me decide which would u buy and which would u recommend???[/table][/list]
Old 04-02-2007, 04:33 PM
OhioScions
SL Member

it really depends on what you want to do. if you want a car to go fast without modding it too much prolly dont want the tc. dont get me wrong, the tc is fun to drive and has some giddy-up but obviously the rsx is going to go faster stock. if you want to get a very nice looking car that will save money on insurance then the tc will be the one you want. it really depends on what you want to do, like i said
Old 04-02-2007, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

It really depends on what you like. Their both beautiful cars. The RSX is great cause it comes with the stuff u already said, but u can make the tC just as nice, and even nicer. I mean if your really looking for performance you can get the RSX and not have to do much, or for the same price get a tC with one of the many turbochargers out there. any questions just ask. Good luck the the decision.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah go w/ the tC... and i think they discontinued the rsx last year was the last one. they might it in 08 but i know they don't have an 07 model.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey man my personal opinion is i see more chicks driving tC's and have always thought its a girls car but thats just me there nice but not really nice.

Con for tC is the big ___ moon roof lol i love it
Old 04-02-2007, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member

Thx for teh advice guys....... Considering that alot of ppl on SL has traded in their tC for 350z n RSX-S got me to start thinking will i Regret buying the tC like they did..... U guys think the tC is fast enough??? Man i really wanna See teh 08 tC in real person with BSP Arrrrrrrrrrrrr............. I 've been lookin at tC for like half a year, but i thought 2 myself i want something that'll not get own by most other cars. haha u guys know the feeling when u get own by another car on the FWY?well it sucks..... so my question is do you personally think YOUR tC is fast enough stock or I/H/E keep up with other rides? Would appreciate ur response. thx
Old 04-02-2007, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member

Thx for teh advice guys....... Considering that alot of ppl on SL has traded in their tC for 350z n RSX-S got me to start thinking will i Regret buying the tC like they did..... U guys think the tC is fast enough??? Man i really wanna See teh 08 tC in real person with BSP Arrrrrrrrrrrrr............. I 've been lookin at tC for like half a year, but i thought 2 myself i want something that'll not get own by most other cars. haha u guys know the feeling when u get own by another car on the FWY?well it sucks..... so my question is do you personally think YOUR tC is fast enough stock or I/H/E keep up with other rides? Would appreciate ur response. thx
Old 04-02-2007, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont think the tC is near fast enough for me, i was in your dileama awhile back and decided the tC for alot of reasons, plus the insurance is really cheap. Its always nice to have extra money.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

tC....i never like to buy used cars, but much less a 5-speed. I would NEVER buy a used manual transmission unless I play on doing tranny work anyway.

I bought a used 02 sentra before I had my tC - it was a 5 spd. It only have 12K on it. By 25K the clutch had to be replaced....and I know how to drive a stick and didn't beat up on it at all....you never know what people do to their cars before they sell em. When I sell my tC, i'm gonna teach my girl how to drive it just before the sale....get my point? Yea, i'm a dirtbag, but so is everyone else! haha
Old 04-02-2007, 06:18 PM
OhioScions
SL Member

another advantage is the warranty for the new tc 36k miles is pretty decent compared to what you might get for a used car plus you have scionlife here to help if you do want to make the tc faster. there are alot of projects going on here that you might be able to do yourself that would make it your ideal car
Old 04-02-2007, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah i hear ya im use to a 6 speed to, but its all good i will have another later on in life
Old 04-02-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

(edit)
Old 04-02-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

right now i have an injen intake, megan header, invidia spipe, and NST pulleys and its decently fast...nothing special. the fun part was putting on one piece at a time and feeling and here the differences as i worked my way up. i soon plan on getting a catback exhaust and a stage one head package. i saw someone around here have the zpi stage 1 head, i/h/e and pulleys and got around 230whp with an emanage which i think is incredible and pretty damn fast. like i said if ur looking for performance, you'll be spending money, buts its worth it
Old 04-02-2007, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It depends what you're looking for. I mean if you think about it, if you can afford a new 08 tC then you could go with a used Impreza and build upon that. There are pro's and cons to each decision and it will ultimately be up to you to decide.

The tC will be a never car with warranty as the RSX will not be stock. You do NOT know how hard the person drove the car and the condition the tranny will be in (unless you check). The RSX is faster but there are faster cars in that range. The leather interior is also a nice addition.

Scion doesn't fit into one category, it's in the middle. You can make it a blazing fast car, or you can make it look clean and nice. It will cost a little more to make it go fast...

The insurance is going to hit you, and being 18 I'm not sure if you're going to want to pay for that. That is going to be some serious $$$.

Where are you located btw in LA?
Old 04-02-2007, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RSX type S. it has significantly greater aftermarket support. better engineering. theft magnet. i think its the best NA fwd 4 cylinder compact available.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member

I used 2 love teh impreza Untill i realized how much the " maintance "is think i spelled it wrong. Anyways, im located in Echo Park Close 2 Chinatown.. U??? There's so much tC in LA now-a-days. Bein In CA sucks dude everyhthing is illegal here and i recently ran a yellow light and the dam cop gave me a ticket for $361 MaDa ___a.... Turbo tC sounds good but just not in CA
Old 04-02-2007, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ Very true with the after market support...

The RSX being a theft magnet is not good...so it's tough.

How many miles would be on the RSX?
Old 04-02-2007, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member

Havn't found one yet . Just Debating right now..... Theft magnet doesn't sound so good.. ;( ..... Somehow i feel like if i get teh RSX it'll get stolen cuz i park on teh streets and live in a big apartment..
Old 04-02-2007, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZzFiNaL_DroPzZ
Havn't found one yet . Just Debating right now..... Theft magnet doesn't sound so good.. ;( ..... Somehow i feel like if i get teh RSX it'll get stolen cuz i park on teh streets and live in a big apartment..
where you located exactly?
Old 04-02-2007, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wanted a RSX really bad but decided to get tC. I got to drive the RSX 05 Type S in White Pearl. All I have to say is...god damn it was NIIICE. If you got the $ get a 04-05 type S or get a used 02-03 Honda s2000 =P you wont regret! but if you want something for the long run, go for tC.

Quick Reply: 2008 5 Spd. tC OR 05-06 RSX-S 6 Spd