Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   2jzgte? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/2jzgte-9763/)

dragunov 09-04-2004 07:24 PM

2jzgte?

Do you think a 2jzgte engine would fit in the tC? that would be a badass swap...

hawkeye 09-04-2004 07:28 PM

Not without some MAJOR work.

You would have to convert to RWD, among other things. By the time you are done, you could afford a couple of supras.

hahajoey 09-04-2004 07:44 PM

its kinda silly how people throw up stuff like that...

how many.. 'will a blah blah blah turbo';ed motor work in my scion'

well hell u can put a tractor motor if u wanted.. first off,
YOU WON'T OR EVER WILL DO THAT.. 2nd off..

anythings possible with money, so why ask?

showpaojoe 09-04-2004 07:48 PM

I dunno Joey...it'll be the same difficulty as if I put the tC engine in my xB...not too hardhttps://www.scionlife.com/forums/ima.../icon_cool.gif

cf_engineering 09-04-2004 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by hawkeye

You would have to convert to RWD, among other things. By the time you are done, you could afford a couple of supras.

Conversion to RWD would NOT be necessary. The MR2 Turbo is a mid engined RWD car, which means the 2jz is transversely mounted with a FWD-type transmission.
The only things that would be a challenge would be the driveshafts, motor and tranny mounts. Not to mention electronics. Other things, such as power steering pump mounting, lines, etc. All those things would have to be custom fabricated. If one had access to a good machine shop and knew what you were doing, the swap would be doable.

bB384 09-04-2004 08:17 PM

What are you trying to say that the MR2 Turbo supposedly has a 2JZGTE in it? I think you're mistaken.

The MR2 (SW20) has a 3SGTE in it, its an inline 4 cylinder turbo engine.
The Supra Twin Turbo (JZA80) has a 2JZGTE in it, its an inline 6 cylinder turbo
engine.

Now I'v heard of putting a 3SGTE in a Supra (they did that in the JGTC a few years back), and in most front wheel cars, But never have I heard of an inline 6 in front wheel format.

asianboy0599 09-04-2004 08:30 PM

Hehe, imagine that. A 2jz in a tC ..

Humongous amounts of power. Fly fly away tC !!!!

JZA70 09-04-2004 09:13 PM

I don't think it would fit... Maybe a V6 but definitely not an inline 6... Better off with an SR20

bshown 09-04-2004 09:25 PM

I can't remember if the old Cressida was FWD or RWD? Can someone refresh my memory please? But, I do remember that it had the 7M-GE in it. I also remember that the 2JZ is based upon the 7M but as to what extent I'm not positive.
Just food for thought.
If the Cressida was FWD it could be a possible source for parts for a conversion.

hahaitzskippy 09-04-2004 09:28 PM

money makes this dam world go round...

i like the question but you shoud ask if anyone has that money in the first place.

(no offense)

hawkeye 09-04-2004 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by cf engineering

Originally Posted by hawkeye

Conversion to RWD would NOT be necessary. The MR2 Turbo is a mid engined RWD car, which means the 2jz is transversely mounted with a FWD-type transmission.

Ok... you find me a transaxel for the 2j engine, and find enough room in the TC engine bay to mount a I6 transversely.

Originally Posted by bB384
Now I'v heard of putting a 3SGTE in a Supra (they did that in the JGTC a few years back), and in most front wheel cars, But never have I heard of an inline 6 in front wheel format.

The Top Secret Supra was also a 3s-gte conversion.

Originally Posted by bshown
I can't remember if the old Cressida was FWD or RWD? Can someone refresh my memory please? But, I do remember that it had the 7M-GE in it. I also remember that the 2JZ is based upon the 7M but as to what extent I'm not positive.
Just food for thought.
If the Cressida was FWD it could be a possible source for parts for a conversion.

RWD

cf_engineering 09-04-2004 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by bB384
What are you trying to say that the MR2 Turbo supposedly has a 2JZGTE in it? I think you're mistaken.

The MR2 (SW20) has a 3SGTE in it, its an inline 4 cylinder turbo engine.
The Supra Twin Turbo (JZA80) has a 2JZGTE in it, its an inline 6 cylinder turbo
engine.

Yes you are absolutely right. I mistook the 3SGTE for the 2JZ. My bad :wink:

JZA70 09-04-2004 11:44 PM

3SGTE in a supra would be cool... but so would one of those 4+ liter v6 blown toyota motors... don't remember what they're called

Anyway, the 7MGE and GTE were found in the toyota cressida and toyota supra respectively. non turbo supras also had 7MGEs. They are six cylinder 3 liter motors that have a tendency to blow head gaskets. Decent engines, though; I had a 7MGE but ditched it for a 1JZ-GTE...

DJ_Focus 09-05-2004 07:34 PM

It's not possible... the front end of the cat is no long enough to accomidate the size of the engine... plus the transmission would have to be different as well... the car
is just not big enough...

TCMaster 09-07-2004 02:03 AM

my head hurts

Icemanse2001 09-07-2004 09:24 AM

ok so obviously the 2jzgte wouldnt work, just too big. but as long as someone brought up the 3sgte, how would that work out i wonder. would be fun if had actually baught my tc, cuz i got a perfectly good 3sgte in an all-trac thats gettin older by the day