Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

about my new scion tc 07

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 04:16 PM
SL Member

Default about my new scion tc 07

hey guys i just bought a new tc. i recently had a 2005 but it gave me a few problems so i got this 07 now. well i noticed that this it acts almost like it has traction control or something. help me out on this one.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I don't think it has traction control... but I know what you are talking about because mine has done the same thing. I am pretty sure that it's your ABS.

I did ask a dealership about it, and they said that the car has a traction control acting ABS. The ABS connects to all four wheels and notices changes between the wheels. It also has a sensor for the tire pressure. But as for an actual traction control system, I don't think it has it.

I could be wrong though.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:48 PM
SL Member

i don't think its the abs. what it does is when you shift hard it will die on power. and when you hit the rev limiter it doesn't bounce back it just stops there and stays at the redline. and it almost feels like it dies on power. none of this my old car used to do.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I don't think that has anything to do with either the ABS or traction control.

Maybe something in your tranny (computer programming) or even your intake/exhaust might cause that.

I am not an expert mechanic, so once again, I could be wrong...

Can you give any more information about it?
Old 03-19-2007, 09:06 PM
SL Member

well the car has only about 700 miles on the odo and i highly doubt its the trany what it does is when it hits the 6700 redline instead of bouncing back it stays there and it almost feels like a cut off on electricity or fuel. then if you shift quick in 2nd from first and from 2nd to 3rd it almost feels like it dies out for a 2nd then pics right back up. but only if you shift quick as if you were racing or something.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

The first one sounds like a govenor. I think this could be removed but I am not too in knowledgeable about how.
The shifting could be the same depending on how you drive and how much you are reving between shifts . Or it could be a programming thing to prevent you from breaking the tranny.

I do agree that with only 700 miles, it shouldn't be a mechanical problem. But you never know... there are defective parts out there.

Anyone else got any ideas?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i think you shouldnt be driving your car around at the redline so much. its probably your car telling you that you suck at driving and it wants to die.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

yeah, dont redline your car that much with only 700 miles on it. and.. um... since when did 6700 rpms become redline in the 07s?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by carlostc31
i don't think its the abs. what it does is when you shift hard it will die on power. and when you hit the rev limiter it doesn't bounce back it just stops there and stays at the redline. and it almost feels like it dies on power. none of this my old car used to do.
thats how all 2007 tC's are. Thats how the rev limiter comes on now. THey did something w/ the ECU. My advice, shift a little earlier or at 6500. I hate that feeling of upshifting and waiting for the power to come back "on".
Old 03-20-2007, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well it sounds like your killing the car. Let it break in. Whats happening is your shifting way too late. There is a slight delay with the throttle by wire and your nailing the rev limiter. I have my shift light set at 5800 clutch goes in at 6 and my revs still climb to 62/6300.The limiter on the 07 is diffrent from the 05-06. It doesnt bounce. When you hit the limiter it cuts fuel and you lose throttle response when you mash the pedal again after you release the clutch
Old 03-20-2007, 12:15 PM
SL Member

Amoxapine i know its not a mechanical problem, if its any kind of problem its an electrical or fuel problem. that or its toyota's programing.

eboardracer, your not undersrtanding the situation. i'm not trying to drive my car bad. i accidently found out about that and i'm not driving my car around redline.

thats the redline. what do you mean since when has 6700 rpms become redline?

CuRiOuSfIsH , well if thats the situation then i will change the ecu to an 05 cause my 05 tc wouldn't do that.

redwar1441, well like i said earlier i found out by accident its not that i'm shifting to late cause i normally don't take it to that extreme. but if thats the case about the new rev limiter that will slow me down or cause me problems cause well i want to boost my tc eventually and that will or might cause me a slight delay so i might have to change the ecu to a later model tc like my 05 that wouldn't do that
Old 03-20-2007, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've hit the fuel cutoff once, and that is exactly what happens. Power stops, rpms drop down to around 3000 and you need to find a new gear to get back on track.

With regard to boost and the fuel cutoff point, you're getting me very confused. Why would the fuel cutoff cause you a "slight delay"? Try shifting earlier! This is about the most simple solution. Maybe get yourself a giant flashlight that will tell you when you approach redline, so you can know when to shift. Also don't forget that with the stock flywheel, your rpms will continue to climb a bit due to the rotating mass of the heavy sucker. So clutch in at 6000 or earlier.

I can't wait to see you with a turbo and stock internals at 6700 rpms...that will be a great "toyota engines suck" thread from you. And no, that won't be covered under warranty.

And by the way, redline=6250rpm. Look on your tach for where the "red line" begins, hence the name.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry. but you dont got it.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

so what happened to ur other thread why u start a new one?
Old 03-20-2007, 02:43 PM
SL Member

fyi toyota engines don't suck there engines are actually one of the strongest engines. look at all the 1j's and 2j's and no i don't need some redneck or reffy light to tell me when to shift. if you read up you'll see what i wrote about finding out and i know it won't be covered under warranty cause anything you alter your car with voids the warranty.

cause it got crashed to many times and well i got tired of fixing it. and putting money into it.

chrischoi , WHAT DO YOU MEAN SORRY I DON'T GOT IT? GOT WHAT?
Old 03-20-2007, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no i don't need some redneck or reffy light to tell me when to shift.
I think you do need some help knowing when to shift, considering you constantly hit the rev limiter in your last car and have hit the fuel cutoff at least once after only 700 miles in your new car.

if you read up you'll see what i wrote about finding out
what?!

and i know it won't be covered under warranty cause anything you alter your car with voids the warranty.
and you're wrong YET AGAIN!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

CuRiOuSfIsH , well if thats the situation then i will change the ecu to an 05 cause my 05 tc wouldn't do that.
I dont think thats a good idea b/c 07 motor is more than just "additional 1HP". There was more done than some ppl realize.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:20 PM
SL Member

why am i wrong again? what i meant is if you read up at what i originally wrote you'll see that the way i found out about the fuel cut off was accidentally. i kbnow how to shift and i never hit the rev limiter. on my old car i only hit the rev limiter and let it bounce back if i was 1 burning out or warming up the tires at the track or 2 if i ever misshifted. thats about it.

what do you mean there was more done than you realize CuRiOuSfIsH?
Old 03-20-2007, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're wrong about the whole warranty thing, as far as "cause anything you alter your car with voids the warranty", but that's not the real issue we're discussing.

The real issue is that you have minimal understanding about what is and isn't good for a car engine. You can't tell the difference between a LSD, an open diff, traction control and a fuel cutoff. I know I'm being harsh, but you've demonstrated that again and again in more than one thread.

Drive your car like you want it to work for more than 1000 miles. Shift under redline, avoid the fuel cutoff. That's the engine telling you that it isn't happy.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:00 PM
SL Member

but what i'm tryinmg to get at is that i accidentaly hit the redline and the car did that thats how i found out. i hardly ever hit the redline and if i do its by mistake never intentional. i don't know if its fuel cut of or what it is. all i know is that my old tc never did that, this one does and when it does it causes you to down shift to regain power. and all i'm trying to do is find out why. thats all. trust me i don't want to destroy or damage my car i work to hard to pay for it and it aint cheap. so why would i do anything to hurt it.

Quick Reply: about my new scion tc 07