Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

any input on the tC's blind spots?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default any input on the tC's blind spots?

sup.

just wondering if anyone who owns a tC can give some input about the blind spots. since the back slopes down and all, i'm curious about how much you can't see out the rear view and on the sides (i'm thinking back to the celica on this one). any thoughts or even pics?
Old 07-21-2004, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: any input on the tC's blind spots?

Originally Posted by woodstock
sup.

just wondering if anyone who owns a tC can give some input about the blind spots. since the back slopes down and all, i'm curious about how much you can't see out the rear view and on the sides (i'm thinking back to the celica on this one). any thoughts or even pics?
IMO it actually has good visibility all around. When I drove the 2004 Solara, I think it had more blind spots. If you adjust the mirrors correctly you'll be fine. The only blind spot I can think of is the spot between where the passanger window ends and the hatch window begins. Also, the front is a little high up on the stock model, gotta watch out for those speed bumps
Old 07-21-2004, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mostly good visibility. My only problem is with the driver's side blind spot when you are looking over your shoulder to see if any car(s) are on the back side coming up on the passing lane.

Kevin
Old 07-21-2004, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by fearturtle44
Mostly good visibility. My only problem is with the driver's side blind spot when you are looking over your shoulder to see if any car(s) are on the back side coming up on the passing lane.

Kevin
Couldn't have said it better myself! -Jayme
Old 07-21-2004, 06:46 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is difficult to back into parking spaces and to get an idea of where curbs are behind you because of the way the rear slopes up.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

blind spot is larger than my 93 corolla, but's it not a problem once i get use to. parking actually is pretty good, i can sort of feel it when i am doing parking, tC is pretty short.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Kevin
Old 07-22-2004, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chipmOnk

Kevin
agreed on that....adjust your mirrors do see better though. It is almost impossible to look over your left shoulder
Old 07-22-2004, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get a 300mm Broadway Convex mirror.

You won't have ANY blind spot with one of those.

I have one of these in my xB, and I don't even use the side mirrors anymore. I'm even thinking about taking the side mirrors off!
Old 07-22-2004, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TokyoRaver
Get a 300mm Broadway Convex mirror.

You won't have ANY blind spot with one of those.

I have one of these in my xB, and I don't even use the side mirrors anymore. I'm even thinking about taking the side mirrors off!
is that legal?
Old 07-22-2004, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member

That's a cool idea. But I think the tC definately offers less visability via the center rear-view mirror. I was planning on getting the convex cicular sticky mirrors for the side mirrors of my tC (still hasn't arrived yet ). Anyone else can comment on the visibility through the hatchback glass? The passenger side windows I doubt can even be seen through via the center rear-view mirror.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I'm thinking about getting one of these little round convex mirrors from walmart ($.97) - I had it on the matrix and it helped out couple of times.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not sure, but the cops in Daytona are pretty lenient when it comes to stuff like that

My friend took both side mirrors off his slammed truck almost a year ago, and he hasn't got any tickets yet.

I'm sure it'd be a "fix it" ticket, if anything... I should ask 'ScionCop' about this one
Old 07-22-2004, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wasn't talking about the little round convex mirrors...

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

It installs in about 2 seconds.. just clip it over your stock rearview mirror, and you're visibility is increased about 1000 times.

It's kinda weird at first, cause you'll see your whole face in the left side of the mirror, but when you get used to it, there's NO way you'll go back to stock mirror
Old 07-23-2004, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

It's kinda weird at first, cause you'll see your whole face in the left side of the mirror, but when you get used to it, there's NO way you'll go back to stock mirror
hell yea, i had a huge one (360mm) and after i took it off, i felt as though i couldnt see anything in the rear
Old 07-23-2004, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Kevin
Yup. Specially when I was backing out of a spot and someone desided to walk behind me. They couldnt wait 2 seconds! Good thing my mom was with me or i would have hit them. They were right in the blind spot. Gotta mess with the mirrors a little and try to get rid of some.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was thinking of getting one of those broadway mirrors... but then i remembered i got the auto-dimming mirror :oops:
Old 07-23-2004, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member

you know, so far, i haven't had any problems. what someone already said - just adjust your mirrors and you'll be fine. happy driving!
Old 07-23-2004, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brownbanana
hell yea, i had a huge one (360mm) and after i took it off, i felt as though i couldnt see anything in the rear
How many mm is the stock one? the bigger the mm the wider the mirror?

I have seen one this one guy had......it was almost all the way across the whole front window and it had like 12 mirrors each one was turn a little to the left or right
Old 07-23-2004, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yea, 360mm is the length of the mirrow..i dunno how long the stock mirror is..my car is still being shipped..i had the mirror on my rolla.

Quick Reply: any input on the tC's blind spots?