Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Any one else have issues w/ Modifymyscion.com ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Any one else have issues w/ Modifymyscion.com ?

I recently attempted to purchase a KRS body kit from ModifyMyScion.com and wanted to make the community aware of my troubles. If anyone would like me to forward the distasteful emails that were sent to me regarding my purchase from the owner of the website please let me know. The basic wrap up is that their customer service was completely aweful. I can admit i was a frustrated customer wanting to know when my order would be recieved but as a company they handled it very un-appropriately. I asked for a refund and instead of ever giving my refund they proceeded to call me, and i quoat "a loser, immature, crybaby." and many other rude sentences were also typed. I do not suggest in my opinion that any enthusiast buy from their site, if you should choose to ask for the emails that were sent, i advise that they are being sent to you for your own personal opinion and not to "slander" their company, because they are threatening to sue me if i should say anything to the scion community about my experience. Just send me a message and i will get back to you ASAP. Oh and on a good note, extreme dimensions (who makes the kit) gives superb customer service, buy direct from them!!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

wow, if that is true, they sound like real dirtbags.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i am actually waiting for wells fargo to get me my money back because they still havent given me a refund
Old 06-10-2008, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

what led you to purchase from them in the first place?
Old 06-10-2008, 03:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

their site looks very professional, and the kit was offered with free shipping on their website. But now id much rather pay the shipping charges than deal with crap like that.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:18 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Wow, that is F-ed up. Good luck getting your money back and thanks for the warning. Don't forget to post this in the buyer/seller experiences area.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oo its been a while since ive navigated these forums, how to i get there?
Old 06-10-2008, 03:31 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

jen! post up the emails that went back and forth

i've read these...they get increasingly bad....on their end.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:32 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Yea, I would be interested to see the emails. It would also help warn others to stay away.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

is there a way to post as an attachment? or should i copy paste? ill do that tonight when i get back home.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:35 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Copy and paste.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default they split in two emails from a base email, ill post more

I report your charge back. Trust me it goes on your record. Do you think a credit card co wants to give cards to people who constantly do charge backs?

LOL!! at your greenness.

Are we done? Please don't write back if we are, if you write back I have to respond.

Please stay off the internet, you are not mature enough to handle it.

FYI - you are the single worst, crybaby, customer I have ever had in 4 yrs and 40,000 transactions.

The customer is not always right in wholesale retail.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2008 12:40 PM
To: 4m@cwik.com
Subject: Re: ModifyMyScion.com Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation

FYI i have all of your messages where the only slandering is your attitude twoards my dilemma. Charge backs do not hurt my credit, it only hurts your business. If you would have been more compliant I would not have called in my claim. But I had asked you on various ocassions to return the funds and you kept stalling. So go ahead and get a lawyer, ill counter sue for harrasment and i have the emails to back it up. Where as your suit will have no proof and no premise. Thanks. As i have said before, any more correspondance will be considered harrasment.

To: ta2dtart@aol.com
Sent: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 8:31 am
Subject: RE: ModifyMyScion.com Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation

Charge back cost me money and hurt your credit. Why did you do a charge back? You should no be on the web buying stuff with an attitude like yours. YES, we only have 2-3 returns a year and we do north store credit cards fro the safety of our shoppers. You can call me with it, but if you already did a charge back then we are done. If everyone was like you we would shut down and the true auto enthusiasts would all have to pay a lot more for their stuff--I am sure my fans would like to talk to you.

My website is secure. Very, very secure, you don't know what you are talking about....again.

Look ya loser, stop wasting my time! And I laugh at you for waving to wait until Wed when ED gets theirs in and they ship, only you lost $200 for being scared.

You have no idea who you are messing with, badmouth us and you will be sued for libel or slander. My attorney is aware of your threats.

good day

Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2008 9:19 AM

I already put in a claim with Wells Fargo Bank. I am not sending my credit card information, this is not a secure website. I definately do not trust your company, and do not trust giving you my credit card information. You had my charge information on your site when you charged me, I am sure there is a way other than what you are telling me, to reverse your charge. I highly doubt when a customer has a return that you ask them to send vital information through an un-secure web source.

Sent: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 8:10 am

Your distrust of our service had me a little upset. We sell at discount prices an offer honest service, yet we make very little money passing on deal to the auto enthusiast.

We just got confirmation of your refund from ED last night. We will need your credit card info as we do not store that for security reasons.

Customer Service
ModifyMyScion.com
(505) 216-9681

Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 7:16 PM

"This is already too much of a waste of my time for $43 (my profit). " Is NOT a nice thing to say to a frustrated paying customer. I suggest you work on your customer service skills. I will definately be recommending to my fellow Scion enthusiasts to NOT purchase from your website. Even through my frustrations, ED has been appropriately responding to my emails, especially with no statements like the one posted above. It's very obvious that you do not take your business seriously. I work for a well known company and I know that if i were to ever speak to a customer like that, my ___ would be on the line for it. So as i have asked before, please complete the refund, you said you were going to do it today and you are now telling me tomorrow, also very frustrating, and stop corresponding with me. I am now considering anything further a form of harrasment.

Jennifer Munsch

Sent: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 5:05 pm

Wow! I thought we were nice. Sometime terse as we have a lot of emails to get to. My apology.
Tomorrow you should see you refund. A lot of this is beyond our control.

Steve

Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 6:01 PM

After they way you have treated me through-out our correspondance I would just like a refund and nothing further. Thank you.

Sent: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 3:33 pm

I just talked to my distributor ED does not have your kit in stock, they get them next week like all of us. The just want your money and now you will have paid more but waited the same. Did you get a tracking # yet?

Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 10:37 PM

I have been in direct contact with ED all day today. They confirmed with me that they never recieved an order on my behalf. And they told me that they do actually have them in stock. So I am just going to order direct with ED. Thank you for your time. Please ensure my charges are reversed.

Jennifer.

Sent: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 8:57 pm

FYI: You will pay a lot more and you wont save anytime. They don't have them in stock either, your order is already on order with them only you get it wholesale. I don't really care either way as I don't make much on these kits.

Steve

Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 9:45 PM

please just go ahead and cancel my order i will buy direct from the manufacturer thanks

Sent: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 8:00 pm

Sorry, we are waiting to hear back from ED. They have not responded, I will try again tomorrow. Remember I told you it would ship this week, hopefully tomorrow.

Customer Service
ModifyMyScion.com
(505) 216-9681

Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 7:49 PM
To: tcsales@modifymyscion.com

Please cancell my order. I have called once to ask for it to be cancelled and also emailed and recieved no response
Old 06-10-2008, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is already too much of a waste of my time for $43 (my profit). There is no reason for me to lie to you nor for ED to lie to me. Something is weird.

I will process a refund on Friday. Orders are placed through our parent co (JTR) so if you asked about ModifyMyScion, they would not have an order from us.

Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 10:37 PM

I have been in direct contact with ED all day today. They confirmed with me that they never recieved an order on my behalf. And they told me that they do actually have them in stock. So I am just going to order direct with ED. Thank you for your time. Please ensure my charges are reversed.

Jennifer.

Sent: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 8:57 pm

FYI: You will pay a lot more and you wont save anytime. They don't have them in stock either, your order is already on order with them only you get it wholesale. I don't really care either way as I don't make much on these kits.

Steve

Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 9:45 PM

please just go ahead and cancel my order i will buy direct from the manufacturer thanks

Sent: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 8:00 pm

Sorry, we are waiting to hear back from ED. They have not responded, I will try again tomorrow. Remember I told you it would ship this week, hopefully tomorrow.

Customer Service
ModifyMyScion.com
(505) 216-9681

Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 7:49 PM
To: tcsales@modifymyscion.com

Please cancell my order. I have called once to ask for it to be cancelled and also emailed and recieved no response
Old 06-10-2008, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats the jist of it. Id like to highlight the words loser, worst crybaby customer, the fact that they said they dont give a crap because they dont make profit, and calling me immature and saying they are going to sue me and report this on my credit (which is not possible, i work for a bank, they have no way to report on your credit.) and he cant sue me for something that he did, not i.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:43 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

take out the tag information and put like

me: blah blah
modify: blah blah

it's kind of confusing to read =)
Old 06-10-2008, 03:45 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Wow, thats awesome.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Fresh Crew
SL Member

wow...

you said before you work for a well known company, i assume they have lawyers for customer service issues, you should contact them and just inquire as to your rights as a customer and the rights of the distributor so that if you go to court, you are well prepared.

also, thats f-ed up that after 4 emails saying please cancel my order, they send you a shipping statment.

good luck and keep us posted.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i don't see how they'd be able to sue you for anything haha.. the only "libel" or "slander" is what that guy told you from his own mouth. you're not fabricating it or exaggerating it. you can be sure i'll never do business with those morons
Old 06-10-2008, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i can't believe how these people treated me. But on a plus side, the people from extreme dimensions are so awesome, they actually called me today instead of emailing me, and told me exactly when i can expect my kit, and asked if i had questions etc. VERY superb!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NYNCTC
wow...

you said before you work for a well known company, i assume they have lawyers for customer service issues, you should contact them and just inquire as to your rights as a customer and the rights of the distributor so that if you go to court, you are well prepared.

also, thats f-ed up that after 4 emails saying please cancel my order, they send you a shipping statment.

good luck and keep us posted.
I actually am seeking out a lawyer just for this reason, their treatment was unfair and un called for, if anything i plan to contact better business bureau