2005-2010 [ANT10]

anybody solve the cover rattle?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default anybody solve the cover rattle?

i was wondering if anybody figured out how to stop the rattle with the cover? im starting to listen to my music on low now and that cover rattle is annoying after awhile....
any tips or something?
Old 12-17-2004, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i'd bring it to the dealer and see what they can do
Old 12-17-2004, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: anybody solve the cover rattle?

Originally Posted by donut_tC
i was wondering if anybody figured out how to stop the rattle with the cover? im starting to listen to my music on low now and that cover rattle is annoying after awhile....
any tips or something?
i'm curious how many miles are on your tC?

also.. for the sunshade rattle they have to remove the interior trim.. if they do that, be prepared to leave your car for a day or two..
Old 12-17-2004, 06:17 AM
5 Year Member

I have solved the problem of the rattle in my tc, I put stuff in the trunk and back seat with stuff that make a lot of noise. I could hardly hear rattle in my tc.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They replaced my radio cover last week and that noise is gone. They had my car for two days and could do nothing about the others. I still have one in the sunroof, one in the dash near the steering wheel, one in the right rear hatch area and one in the drivers door. Can't wait to get rid of this thing.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Until I get my next oil change and can have them look at the radio cover, I have put a piece of wrapped up cardboard in the top right part of the cover. Noise is gone. They fixed my sunroof problem about 2 months ago at my first oil change. Rattle in trunk is minor plus I usually have the radio on at all times anyway.

Kevin
Old 12-17-2004, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: anybody solve the cover rattle?

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
Originally Posted by donut_tC
any tips or something?
i'm curious how many miles are on your tC?

also.. for the sunshade rattle they have to remove the interior trim.. if they do that, be prepared to leave your car for a day or two..
i got about 5600 miles on my car now and i havent really notice a rattle from the sunshade. i only get annoyed from the cover because i have my music on low now a days...
Old 12-18-2004, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i too had the rattle from the dash.. they put foam tape (called it a "noise kit") on the center dash and reinstalled the console.. also had the radio door replaced.. no noise now..

i do have one chassis creak from here or there when it's cold.. but my civic had more than that.. not going to worry about it since it goes away when the car is warm..
Old 12-18-2004, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only rattle I have (and have had since I got it) is from the hatchback. Some days its quiet, some days it goes completely insane.

I get a strange rattle from the passenger door sometimes too but it's so rare its hard to diagnose.

I had a little rattle from my stereo area before the cd player was installed that I figured out was the cover. It's been gone since the cd player went in though.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member

I get it from it seems my trunk area (seems to be passenger side.) What is it? Does anyone know of exact location so I can bring it up to my dealership and get it fixed?
Old 12-19-2004, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

the only rattle that i have ever had is the radio cover rattle. should i go to the dealer and ask them to look at it and see if they can fix it? or should i just ask them to put a new cover in because looking at it is a wast of time?
Old 12-20-2004, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by DNolen
I get it from it seems my trunk area (seems to be passenger side.) What is it? Does anyone know of exact location so I can bring it up to my dealership and get it fixed?
Originally Posted by Kwiksilver
the only rattle that i have ever had is the radio cover rattle. should i go to the dealer and ask them to look at it and see if they can fix it? or should i just ask them to put a new cover in because looking at it is a wast of time?
bump
Old 12-20-2004, 08:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jglonek
I get a strange rattle from the passenger door sometimes too but it's so rare its hard to diagnose.
Check the lever to adjust the passenger's seat. Mine rattles at fast speeds. I gotta find a way to fix it now.

I also get one from the dash near my left knee and one from the sunshade area on the drivers side. I had one in the center part but put a small piece of paper and it had stopped.

and of course, I get the one from the radio cover.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionista
They replaced my radio cover last week and that noise is gone. They had my car for two days and could do nothing about the others. I still have one in the sunroof, one in the dash near the steering wheel, one in the right rear hatch area and one in the drivers door. Can't wait to get rid of this thing.
Wow. That's in addition to (maybe partly because of) all the times your car's been hit/fallen/etc.?

Do your friends stand as far away from you as possible? (Kidding...)
Old 12-20-2004, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had a rattle on the passenger's side, and it turned out to be the seatbelt hitting the plastic on the side of the seat. Moving the seat up a bit solved it for me.