Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Anyone had their tC stolen?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have an idea! Everytime we park, we should take all of the wheels off of our cars, lock them inside, and put the tC on blocks. Let's see someone steal the car then.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MJVsTC
I have an idea! Everytime we park, we should take all of the wheels off of our cars, lock them inside, and put the tC on blocks. Let's see someone steal the car then.
Hey, it all depends where u are really, cause its pretty much for sure someones is gonna try given the situation + locking da rims inside makes it even easier for them if u think about it...
Old 05-10-2006, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

LoJack system up in my tC if it gets stolen I'm getting back like asap...but no issue with no one to steal it..it's not worth stealing stock !!

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-21-2020 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 05-11-2006, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aacordon
GAYNESS,My story is that some guys were trying to open my car with akit thing and when i yelled at themoutside my work they took off and shot at me and my car with a bb gun. They hit my hat, and my passenger door.now i have to fill the small dent and paint the door. felt like running after them but they were fast and had the gun. so how much does it cost to fill a dent and paint a ssm tc door??
Sorry you're in CA.

Here in New Orleans, that would have gone down... uh.... differently.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ddsboi
^ be careful with that. my friend got pulled over, got his hood popped. they found a turbo. then they sat him down and searched the car. Found a switch blade in the glove compartment.

Had to go pick him up from Jail!
is it illegal to have a pocket knife in ur middle compartment thing.. its about like 4-5 inches long.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Originally Posted by WiCkEd_TrInI
Originally Posted by ddsboi
^ be careful with that. my friend got pulled over, got his hood popped. they found a turbo. then they sat him down and searched the car. Found a switch blade in the glove compartment.

Had to go pick him up from Jail!
is it illegal to have a pocket knife in ur middle compartment thing.. its about like 4-5 inches long.
I think the rule is the knife can be no longer than your thumb. And switch blades and butterfly knifes are illegal.

As long as wer're talking about what "accessories" we have in our cars, I used to carry my 6 D-cell maglite, but now its in my house. I want to get a gun (since I am a member of the local shooting range), but it would only be for fun. The only crime here is if someone parks in the guest parking in front of their house for too long.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

3 words...satellite activated explosives.

For those times when you know she ain't coming back, but you just can't live with the fact.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Originally Posted by Onikage
3 words...satellite activated explosives.

For those times when you know she ain't coming back, but you just can't live with the fact.
suh-weeet!!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
Originally Posted by aacordon
GAYNESS,My story is that some guys were trying to open my car with akit thing and when i yelled at themoutside my work they took off and shot at me and my car with a bb gun. They hit my hat, and my passenger door.now i have to fill the small dent and paint the door. felt like running after them but they were fast and had the gun. so how much does it cost to fill a dent and paint a ssm tc door??
dumb @$$es are too stupid to realize that many people own and occassionally carry REAL guns. And if you have a carry permit, the minute they pointed that gun at you, they could have had a chest full of rounds... perfectly legally since you could have thought it was a reall gun
Word. My handgun has words for thieves shooting at me with guns.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow holy thread bump
Old 10-20-2006, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got a crapload of security...but..lemme go check on my car...this thread is going to give me nightmares
Old 10-20-2006, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I had a friend that got his Civic Si stolen twice, first time they stole it from his front yard, he got it back completely stripped, and in the process of rebuilding it, I helped him, we were almost done and they stole it again from my yard (we did the work at my house, he was afraid to leave it at his house) it wasn't even completely done and they took it again, this time it never came back, I've had an attempted break in on my tC, but I came out of the store just in time, i was at Home Depot and had just bought some galvanized gas piping, I had a perfect length one and i caught up to the guy and hit him in the legs with the pipe he fell to the floor hurting and I dropped the pipe tackled him and brought him back to my car, the whole time cussing the crap out of him, called the cops and had him zip tied inside my car till they got there, now I carry a bat, and a lug wrench with me in my car,

I've had a couple of dreams where my neighbors broke into my car, thank god its only a dream **knock on wood**

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-21-2020 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 10-20-2006, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not planning on buying a security system for my "fully insured" tC.
If they steal it...they steal it.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul34
wow holy thread bump
wtf holy thread bump is right. I didn't even notice that it was an old thread; it was near the top of the tC owner's lounge when I posed.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Just take off your rims and leave your car on blocks! waaaay harder!
Old 10-20-2006, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rrimportracer
I had a friend that got his civic si stolen twice, first time they stole it from his front yard, he got it back completely stripped, and in the process of rebuilding it, i helped him, we were almost done and they stole it again from my yard(we did the work at my house, he was afraid to leaveit at his house) it wasnt even completely done and they took it again, this time it never came back, ive had an attempted break in on my tc, but i came out of the store just in time, i was at home depot and had just bought some galvanized gas piping, i had a perfect length one and i caught up to the guy and hit him in the legs with the pipe he fell to the floor hurting and i dropped the pipe tackled him and brought him back to my car, the whole time cussing the crap out of him, called the cops and had him zip tied inside my car till they got there, now i carry a bat, and a lug wrench with me in my car,

ive had a couple of dreams where my neighbors broke into my car, thank god its only a dream **knock on wood**
Awesome! nice to see a thief getting caught and beat on once and a while! Too bad you werent out in the middle of nowhere.. you could have put more of a beating on him before the cops arrived.. you know, because he "attacked" you My friend caught a guy stealing the system out of his car about 7- 8 years ago.. that thief was not too lucky, my friend grabbed the closest thing to him in the house (lucky for the guy.. the .40 was unloaded :D ) and took off after him. The item he grabbed happened to be a framing hammer. The guy didnt realize it, started to run and then decided he was a bad a$$ and turned around to fight cause he was losing the chase... one hard swing and he was in the hospital for a while. The best part is that as far as I know, he never told anyone anything. What was he going to say, "I was stealing this guys stereo and he attacked me" ? Heh heh. The neighbors who all saw it didnt either.. they all got to see his face and then knew who had been breaking into cars in the neighborhood. Worked out pretty well for everyone... except the thief :D
Old 10-20-2006, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a short barrel 12 gauge shotgun loaded with 00buckshot and slugs, and a 5inch blade and a 6D maglight. Anyone wanna play? One time I ran out fully armed ready to kill at 4AM when I heard a thud by my car, but it was just the paper boy. Lucky for him.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by flintgauge86
I have a short barrel 12 gauge shotgun loaded with 00buckshot and slugs, and a 5inch blade and a 6D maglight. Anyone wanna play? One time I ran out fully armed ready to kill at 4AM when I heard a thud by my car, but it was just the paper boy. Lucky for him.
::texas::
Old 10-20-2006, 03:44 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This guy won't let you beat the system though. If they have repo trucks, good luck keeping your vehicle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnu3QaiSiNs
Old 10-20-2006, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
This guy won't let you beat the system though. If they have repo trucks, good luck keeping your vehicle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnu3QaiSiNs
Owned!

Quick Reply: Anyone had their tC stolen?