51.24%
26-30
16.53%
30-35
11.57%
35 and UP
11.98%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Average age of people buying or wanting to buy the TC..

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

from our own customer base in the last 3 months 76% of our buyers are under 35. toyota's california and east coast registration has seen 62% of the buyers to be under 35. so, they're hitting the right demographics of gen x and y.

looking at our tC deposits there are a lot of people that are under 30 that will buy the tC. one thing about the tC, the styling will attract a lot of different age groups and especially new toyota buyers. which toyota has already done with the current scions.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rousterfar
Guys there is nothing wrong with parents wanting to help out thier kids with a car while they are not done with College. I'm 26 and my first car was a hand me down from my dad given to me when I turned 16. After two years it died on us so we sold it and my parents helped me get into another car. Did that make me spoiled? No. It's not like they bought me a BMW or anything. I needed wheels and they helped me out with the payment.

Now the 16-18 year olds who can somehow buy a new car then stick about another 10-15 grand worth of extra junk and mods on it... THEY are spoiled. :twisted:
my parent are only gonna co-sign for the tC while i take care of the payments. if i cant for some reason, i think they'll help me. my parents want to give my a car because my mom is tired of waking up so early(after sleeping for about 2-3 hours from work) in the morning to take me and my sister to school. my parent gave me a choice between the tC, WRX or the RSX, but i chose the tC because it was under 20g and made by toyota. now the 10-15g worth of mods and other stuff, hell nah, i dont have that kind of money, hehe. so is that making me spoilered? all my cousins say im spoiled, but then one of my cousin shouldnt say anything when she gets almost everything handed to her. her convertible eclipse, more than $200 a week(she doesnt have a job and is 17) and has new clothes after everyweekend(she doesnt use that $200 + to buy it though).
Old 05-22-2004, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djimpak
Originally Posted by Rousterfar
Guys there is nothing wrong with parents wanting to help out thier kids with a car while they are not done with College. I'm 26 and my first car was a hand me down from my dad given to me when I turned 16. After two years it died on us so we sold it and my parents helped me get into another car. Did that make me spoiled? No. It's not like they bought me a BMW or anything. I needed wheels and they helped me out with the payment.

Now the 16-18 year olds who can somehow buy a new car then stick about another 10-15 grand worth of extra junk and mods on it... THEY are spoiled. :twisted:
my parent are only gonna co-sign for the tC while i take care of the payments. if i cant for some reason, i think they'll help me. my parents want to give my a car because my mom is tired of waking up so early(after sleeping for about 2-3 hours from work) in the morning to take me and my sister to school. my parent gave me a choice between the tC, WRX or the RSX, but i chose the tC because it was under 20g and made by toyota. now the 10-15g worth of mods and other stuff, hell nah, i dont have that kind of money, hehe. so is that making me spoilered? all my cousins say im spoiled, but then one of my cousin shouldnt say anything when she gets almost everything handed to her. her convertible eclipse, more than $200 a week(she doesnt have a job and is 17) and has new clothes after everyweekend(she doesnt use that $200 + to buy it though).
we also get tons of buyers where parents are buying cars for their kids. i had a dad last week who wished toyota's had the xA 3yrs ago for his eldest daughter. he didn't want to buy a neon but it was the only one that was priced right new. so, for his youngest daughter he bought a xA.
Old 05-22-2004, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mgithens
I think I am probably the least likely candidate for this car... I'm 29 and my previous car is an '01 BMW 325i... I bought it new after graduating from college and that was three years ago this month... so I have been paying $650/month for the last three years. Since I was right out of school, a down payment really wasn't an option, and I knew that I couldn't afford this car if the payments were any higher, so 60 months was the only option...

I have enjoyed this car, but in all reality, cars are cars. Yeah, some handle better, some are faster, but for 99% of my day - I'm just getting from A to B. Comfort is where it is at. So I have decided to get my '75 Porsche 914 back on the road and stop blowing money on a flashy red BMW, it just isn't what I am looking for. Everything about a BMW is more expensive than a Toyota / Scion, and I am tired of just signing major checks. At 50,000 miles and 3 years, I am basically sitting on a $17k or $18k car that I owe about $15k on... I am lucky to not be upside down in this loan.

One thing that I will not miss is people's attitude towards the car. Car guys love it, but the average joe just sees me as a snob, even it they don't know me... this isn't fair, but it is the way the cookie crumbles. People that I have just met will say things like "buy me a drink, you obviously can afford to"... the girls that see it are after me for the wrong reason. There is a time and a place for a nicer car, but it isn't in your 20's - trust me. The first month that I had it, I was out at a club, met up with three girls (I sorta knew one of them already), so we hopped in the car to cruise and go bar hopping... wake up the next morning and one of them had spilled an entire drink in the back seat. Another night I came back to the car to find a broken beer bottle that had dented the trunk - I was parked on a downtown street in front of some very high class clubs / businesses. So just because you respect your fancier car doesn't mean others will... that is my point.

I hope my life lesson at least opens your eyes to the reality of car purchases. They are all temporary, they all break down, you will not get chics because you have a certain car, 60 months of payments without a hefty down payment will only leave you with a car that is worth less than what you owe... these are the facts.
I'm 26 and currently decididing between practical (Scion), what I want (Nissan 350z), and leasing a BMW (BMW now covers all maintenance up to 50k miles).
Old 05-22-2004, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member

22 male, law student. will look to buy in july.
Old 05-22-2004, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ralphus
I'm 26 and currently decididing between practical (Scion), what I want (Nissan 350z), and leasing a BMW (BMW now covers all maintenance up to 50k miles).
Im right with you there, I so want a 350z, but I think at this point I would rather wait a while, get a practical car and save some money. When I am more comfortable I will grab something like a 350z.
Old 05-22-2004, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn, why does everyone assume if ur young and have a car you are spoiled, i mean i didnt take that personaly but that kinda stuff ticks me off, Yes i am young but i DO work and make money and that money goes towards my car.

Originally Posted by MIKEY
Originally Posted by Kaeon
Damn am i the only one under 18? im 16 and this will be my 2nd car.
gulp!!! can we say SPOILED!!!!!!!! WHO CARES YOU DIDN'Y BUY THIS CAR YOURSELF!!!
Old 05-22-2004, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default age 27

27 years old, but feel like I am an 18 year old who thinks too much!
Old 05-23-2004, 06:20 AM
5 Year Member

18 years old the TC will be my first car Wanna get it in black really upset that ima have to get it automatic thou my fiance wont help me pay for it if its not.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:00 AM
5 Year Member

^ im in the same boat as u 18 w/ fiancee who will only lemme get an auto. lol
Old 05-24-2004, 07:00 AM
5 Year Member

^ im in the same boat as u 20 w/ fiancee who will only lemme get an auto. lol
Old 05-24-2004, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member

Went yesterday to Ira Scion in Mass, and ordered my tC!!! So0o0o excited! :D Automatic, Azure Pearl, and he said that it will be the only one of that color coming to that dealership. I was talking to the Sales Manager and he was saying that only 10 tC's will be coming to the dealership on the first round, and only 218 cars in total will be made for the first round and they will be spread out between the 35 dealerships across the US. Im one of the first 5 to order the tC at the dealership. He said that I should be able to get it the last week of June first week of July...hopefully for July 4th! Im so excited! I've been counting down the days even before i ordered it!

The last car i had '92 Oldsmobile Cutlass was STOLEN outside my boyfriends apartment..WHO STEALS A 92 ODLSMOBILE! anyways the police found it about an hour away in ROXBURY which is a bad part of Boston, the car was fine other than the steering column which was busted, they stole almost everything in the car, (nothing too valuable) including the spare tire,(i had put 4 brand new tires on the day before and they didn't steal those) So i thought i was going to get my car back but the insurance guy looked at the car and totalled it, so I never got my car back Now the Jerks at the insurance company won't give us the money for it...(like $500) because I was listed under my dads policy as an occasional driver, and i should have been listed as a secondary driver or something. ____ed about that one!

For now i'm driving my sisters 95 chevy cavalier, it sucks but its a car and it gets me where i want to go.

AND about being spoiled, Im not spoiled but my mom co-signed for my tC, and i think my parents are going to pay for half of it, that doesn't make me spoiled tho, i'm paying for the other half and insurance. Its just a college graduation present. She said she would buy me a new car when i graduated, I'm done with school in December, its just going to be an early present :D nothing wrong with that. Also because i'm young and don't have ANY credit whatsoever, my mom is helping me out by co-signing it makes the payments lower because my mom has really good credit so all you younger people like me try and con your parents into co-signing with you, it'll help you out in the long run.

OH yea I'll be 20 in August...GREAT birthday present for myself, and my 1st NEW car
29 DAYS!!!
Old 05-24-2004, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great purchase. Personally, I am waiting to see it in person and do a test drive. I am in no hurry to get so I want to wait until I do above. Hopefully you will get by July 4th seeing that you pre-ordered.

Kevin
Old 05-24-2004, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member

ill be 18 in august and the tC will be my second car, im driving a matrix xrs 6spd right now. :D
Old 05-24-2004, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by tChamp
Lol that is funny well are you gona fight it when you get to the dealer like I am? My fight is gona be like babe you say you would do anything to make me happy can this be one? its my first car! How would you like it if you feel in love with a car and needed my help to buy it but I said only in manual? not kool huh? use that line and she should come around but remember just agree with her till you go to buy the car then lashout lol!
Old 05-24-2004, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member

scratch that she just said what I wanted to say without me bringing it up lol. Black Sand pearl manual tC here I come!
Old 05-24-2004, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member

man every time i see a poll like this, it's screwed up. there's overlap in the ages.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i will be 20 in august
Old 05-24-2004, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I'm going to be 24...

Sheesh, if Scion dealerships see numbers even subtlely close to this poll then I think Toyota will be jumping for joy at the tC...
Old 05-24-2004, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tChamp
Ha that is half the reason I DONT want a auto

Quick Reply: Average age of people buying or wanting to buy the TC..