51.24%
26-30
16.53%
30-35
11.57%
35 and UP
11.98%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Average age of people buying or wanting to buy the TC..

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my g/f wants me to get auto because she wants to drive my car too but i've always wanted a manual car(never owned a car yet). i find driving manual fun but she doesnt.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:29 AM
Sin
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

An old 23
Old 06-27-2004, 05:33 AM
5 Year Member

34...I will be buying my tC by this September.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Alycia_tC
Went yesterday to Ira Scion in Mass, and ordered my tC!!! So0o0o excited! :D Automatic, Azure Pearl, and he said that it will be the only one of that color coming to that dealership. I was talking to the Sales Manager and he was saying that only 10 tC's will be coming to the dealership on the first round, and only 218 cars in total will be made for the first round and they will be spread out between the 35 dealerships across the US. Im one of the first 5 to order the tC at the dealership. He said that I should be able to get it the last week of June first week of July...hopefully for July 4th! Im so excited! I've been counting down the days even before i ordered it!

The last car i had '92 Oldsmobile Cutlass was STOLEN outside my boyfriends apartment..WHO STEALS A 92 ODLSMOBILE! anyways the police found it about an hour away in ROXBURY which is a bad part of Boston, the car was fine other than the steering column which was busted, they stole almost everything in the car, (nothing too valuable) including the spare tire,(i had put 4 brand new tires on the day before and they didn't steal those) So i thought i was going to get my car back but the insurance guy looked at the car and totalled it, so I never got my car back Now the Jerks at the insurance company won't give us the money for it...(like $500) because I was listed under my dads policy as an occasional driver, and i should have been listed as a secondary driver or something. ____ed about that one!

For now i'm driving my sisters 95 chevy cavalier, it sucks but its a car and it gets me where i want to go.

AND about being spoiled, Im not spoiled but my mom co-signed for my tC, and i think my parents are going to pay for half of it, that doesn't make me spoiled tho, i'm paying for the other half and insurance. Its just a college graduation present. She said she would buy me a new car when i graduated, I'm done with school in December, its just going to be an early present :D nothing wrong with that. Also because i'm young and don't have ANY credit whatsoever, my mom is helping me out by co-signing it makes the payments lower because my mom has really good credit so all you younger people like me try and con your parents into co-signing with you, it'll help you out in the long run.

OH yea I'll be 20 in August...GREAT birthday present for myself, and my 1st NEW car
29 DAYS!!!

that's awesome! I've got my azure pearl auto comin in first week of july too..... now july 1st is this week so i'd really really really like to see it come in now lol.. we should post pics of when we get ours we can compare cars haha jk.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Alycia_tC
Went yesterday to Ira Scion in Mass, and ordered my tC!!! So0o0o excited! :D Automatic, Azure Pearl, and he said that it will be the only one of that color coming to that dealership. I was talking to the Sales Manager and he was saying that only 10 tC's will be coming to the dealership on the first round, and only 218 cars in total will be made for the first round and they will be spread out between the 35 dealerships across the US. Im one of the first 5 to order the tC at the dealership. He said that I should be able to get it the last week of June first week of July...hopefully for July 4th! Im so excited! I've been counting down the days even before i ordered it!

The last car i had '92 Oldsmobile Cutlass was STOLEN outside my boyfriends apartment..WHO STEALS A 92 ODLSMOBILE! anyways the police found it about an hour away in ROXBURY which is a bad part of Boston, the car was fine other than the steering column which was busted, they stole almost everything in the car, (nothing too valuable) including the spare tire,(i had put 4 brand new tires on the day before and they didn't steal those) So i thought i was going to get my car back but the insurance guy looked at the car and totalled it, so I never got my car back Now the Jerks at the insurance company won't give us the money for it...(like $500) because I was listed under my dads policy as an occasional driver, and i should have been listed as a secondary driver or something. ____ed about that one!

For now i'm driving my sisters 95 chevy cavalier, it sucks but its a car and it gets me where i want to go.

AND about being spoiled, Im not spoiled but my mom co-signed for my tC, and i think my parents are going to pay for half of it, that doesn't make me spoiled tho, i'm paying for the other half and insurance. Its just a college graduation present. She said she would buy me a new car when i graduated, I'm done with school in December, its just going to be an early present :D nothing wrong with that. Also because i'm young and don't have ANY credit whatsoever, my mom is helping me out by co-signing it makes the payments lower because my mom has really good credit so all you younger people like me try and con your parents into co-signing with you, it'll help you out in the long run.

OH yea I'll be 20 in August...GREAT birthday present for myself, and my 1st NEW car
29 DAYS!!!

that's awesome! I've got my azure pearl auto comin in first week of july too..... now july 1st is this week so i'd really really really like to see it come in now lol.. we should post pics of when we get ours we can compare cars haha jk.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member

I'm 34, and think that is one hell of a nice car for the money...on paper anyway. Looking forward to a test drive, after which, I'm looking forward to being one of the elder statesmen/owners on the board. I could afford something in the $30 k range, but if I can get similar performance (with the S/C) and creature conforts usually found in cars in the $28k range and up....why not? Status is crap; I've never seen anyone's BMW driven into a club in my life, and frankly, if you need money, clothes or a car to attract women, men, both, (hey, whatever you're into, you're into), attention, or friends, what you REALLY need is game, self esteem, and a good shrink.

That said, for those of you who have them already, I hope they were worth the wait. I'm hoping it does live up to the hype myself...again, the concept is pretty damn great.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member

35 in July. I've always been a truck guy, but have been looking for a more economical car. The TC fits the bill perfect. Never thought I'd hear the words "I love this car" come from my mouth!

Silver Mica, 5-speed, CAI, TRD exhaust, Racing Pedals & Front sway bar should be in next week.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The age groups are poorly set up in the poll, which is why the results are so skewed. 18 to 25? A 25 year old and 18 year old are worlds apart. That's covers eight ages. The next grouping is 26 to 30. That's only five ages. I content that the poll itself is flawed.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by ASUgradinWA
WOW NICE INSIGHT.

I think a car should just match the personality of the owner. I like the Tc because it isn't run of the mill, it is a quality vehical with decent power numbers, yet affordable and still classy.

I just turned 23 and decided to go for the 36 month term for my loan. however knowing me I'll have it paid off by next June, unless the MOD bug hits me.
I totally agree. Thats what really turned me onto the tC, its different. I've driven MR2s all my life. I'm not used to seeing another car like mine more then once every 2 weeks. Oh, just turned 22. So I guess I'm the average age.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:23 PM
erc
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm 24. This'll be my first new car.. always bought used before. (Excise tax in Maine is a killer)
Old 07-14-2004, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

great post from the former BMW owner...

Us SCC readers get caught up in the hype and fail to realize that $10K isn't 'invested' in a car, it's WASTED in a car. They are consumable goods (like toilet paper); meant to be scratched, dinged, wrecked, stolen, broken-in-to from the day they are driven off the lot. SCC has even started to pepper its stories about tuner cars with the real poop on how unreliable franken-cars tend to be (remember how 3 cars usually drop out of the Ultimate Street Car challenge every year? How about the recent monster civic story: the thing blew up, b/c that's what happens when you boost a tiny engine to the sky)

That being said, longevity remains one of the reasons I'm most interested in the tC: Camry engine and drivetrain remains about the most reliable money can buy. I can throw some pretty fun mods at it and keep it under warranty....

btw, on the age tip.... was anyone else taken aback by how much the marketing campaign hit home? I am an avowed lefty, skeptic of any big business... thus I felt shocked when a marketing campaign hit me with such a bull's eye. How about the magazine from the dealership? Kanye West interview, rastafarians, Madvillain review, more pics of modded scions than stock ones, smarmy camp movie reviews. I feel like I've been spied upon for the last six months. Then again, maybe my contemporaries have moved from working for the man to slowly becoming the man! Ultimately, marketing only works with a good product, and we now know more about cars than people ever have in the past, so scion knows it has a tough audience....

How's this one for you evaluators out there? I am selling my crotch rocket (which I paid for) for the down payment, and my parents are helping me with the payments while I go through med school.... am I spoiled at 26?
Old 07-14-2004, 11:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will be 25 in about 3 weeks...already picked up my tC!
Old 07-14-2004, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I'm 34 and my tC was a ten year anniverary gift from my wife (She considers it an inexpensive pre-midlife crisis. I had initially considered getting a used Boxter). So I'm sure I screwing up Scion's demographic.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member

I'm 22
Old 07-14-2004, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

17 and this is my first car, but i have no money to spend on it until around november...so in the meantime the boost gauges will be the clock from the kitchen, and the spoiler will be my mach3 razor on steroids
Old 07-14-2004, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

17 and this is my first car, but i have no money to spend on it until around november...so in the meantime the boost gauges will be the clock from the kitchen, and the spoiler will be my mach3 razor on steroids
Old 07-15-2004, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i guess i'll be one of the youngest here. i'm 16 and getting a tC!! woo hoo
Old 07-15-2004, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member

I just turned 18 and got one for my birthday
Old 07-15-2004, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by dogfish
I'm 34 and my tC was a ten year anniverary gift from my wife (She considers it an inexpensive pre-midlife crisis. I had initially considered getting a used Boxter). So I'm sure I screwing up Scion's demographic.
Wow can I borrow your wife. Where are more like her???
Old 07-15-2004, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

23 in two weeks.

This'll be my first car when I buy in december.

I've never really cared about cars before the xB and now the tC.

Quick Reply: Average age of people buying or wanting to buy the TC..