Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Back From The Dead-need bumper /trunk

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 01:13 AM
SL Member

It's definitely different. I like the change instead of mesh wheels and a car sitting on its nuts
Old 04-20-2012, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

finishing valve cover this weekend and replacing hardware under the hood with ss finishing washers and hex bolts
Old 04-20-2012, 04:10 AM

I really like what you're doing because it's nice to see someone doing something different.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it would appear as though my car shouldve been born a xb, cause it seems to have xb style, xB people love it and tC people hate it lol
Old 04-20-2012, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should buy an xb and just stop there...
Old 04-20-2012, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats because the XB is a box. No style to it so you can do stupid stuff to it and try to "make it your own" or "Be different" and that is because you have to start with a vehicle that is "different" a BOX. You are starting with a clean car. I could put ____ (<poop) on my car and clearcoat over it if I wanted to be different. There is a reason things aren't ordinary most of the time. That's because they don't look good. Yes your car is different. If I saw it in person I would assume it was owned by someone who just hopped the border or still lived in mexico. This would be the hotness in mexico. (if you have been there they love this gaudy stuff). But it is not clean, nor tuner, nor classy. It is just gaudy. You got rid of 17'' alloy wheels to put crappy steelies on but did not get decent tires. I would get steelies if I wanted drag radials or nice race tires or SOMETHING other than what every grocery getter, crappy car in the country comes with STOCK. Yes the TC factory wheels are nothing to gawk over but for christ sake they are better than steelies. Definitely better than ghetto spikes from mid-evil times with chariots trying to break their competitors wheels off.

Sorry my rant is over. Do what you like to your car but when you have ghetto, cheap, crappy stuff done to your car don't expect everyone to like that "you are different"

And no I wouldn't have like red suede interior either.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh the flames i love it, I can feel the hate from here. Whats so gaudy about it, it has polished steelies and a laced hood?
Old 04-21-2012, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan00
thats because the XB is a box. No style to it so you can do stupid stuff to it and try to "make it your own" or "Be different" and that is because you have to start with a vehicle that is "different" a BOX. You are starting with a clean car. I could put ____ (<poop) on my car and clearcoat over it if I wanted to be different. There is a reason things aren't ordinary most of the time. That's because they don't look good. Yes your car is different. If I saw it in person I would assume it was owned by someone who just hopped the border or still lived in mexico. This would be the hotness in mexico. (if you have been there they love this gaudy stuff). But it is not clean, nor tuner, nor classy. It is just gaudy. You got rid of 17'' alloy wheels to put crappy steelies on but did not get decent tires. I would get steelies if I wanted drag radials or nice race tires or SOMETHING other than what every grocery getter, crappy car in the country comes with STOCK. Yes the TC factory wheels are nothing to gawk over but for christ sake they are better than steelies. Definitely better than ghetto spikes from mid-evil times with chariots trying to break their competitors wheels off.

Sorry my rant is over. Do what you like to your car but when you have ghetto, cheap, crappy stuff done to your car don't expect everyone to like that "you are different"

And no I wouldn't have like red suede interior either.
And that is some racist ish right there, and downright ignorant,ive seen some of the nicest cars owned by Hispanics.Anyone can build a nice car just like anyone can build ricey crap, that garbage that ran around after F&F came out wasnt Hispanics,it was white kids in single cam civics with body kits.Apparently your gods gift to hondas,so how about you stick to those. Your one dimensional way of thinking towards auto customization will get you nowhere on here. Heres a link to get you started
http://hondamarketplace.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135
Old 04-22-2012, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i am glad things got better for you, but i do hope you lose the passion for cars in the very near future, its just not your cup of tea.....jus sayin.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow,wtf is up with all the hate,I don't remember asking for anyones opinion.that being said im going to keep modifying my cars to my liking and enjoying being different
Old 04-22-2012, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never once even brought up a Honda nor did I say anything about me being gods gift to them. I not being racist either. I just stated that there is a group of people that would like this car. I am not racist for realizing that fact. Just like saying that the reality is that just like that my observation is that there is also a group of people that like lifted trucks with camo and mud on them. Observation is not racism. I never once stated that someone who is Hispanic is incapable of building an awesome car nor did I insinuate that so don't put words into my mouth.

Sorry I was in a terrible mood when I wrote that last time as I normally don't put anyone down for what they like to do to their cars but for some reason you getting angry at people for not liking what you've done made me have to say something. I did say tho that of you like it keep going with it.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its cool man,no use in me talking crappy online anyways,its just online,not like its the real world anyways
Anywho, going to work on the valve cover and underwood hardware today once im done with the family stuff,ill get pics up tonight
Old 04-22-2012, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Murphys_Law
if she still has the box get some beauty rings and paint them white for the whitewall look

shes only had the box a couple months now. LOVES IT. I like it too yeah, after she sent me the link to the moon caps, i replied with the link to port-a-walls. Why didnt you go with white walls on the steelies? Not that it looks bad w/o them, but just seems more the look youre going for.

ps. Doesnt look like youre making many friends. haha. I hope to fall back in love with my car, one day. After the wife brought home her shiney new B, I was ready to trade in the tc on one. I pretty much despise my car. I dont think Ill make any new friends after i get my "new" wheels on my car, but its what i want, and hopefully will respark our relationship. (me and the car that is)
Old 04-22-2012, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive got 3 sets of steelies right now im trying to find some wide white-walls now for under 230ea.its the look im going for,im more comfortable with the older styling of cars
Old 04-22-2012, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Btw hubcap mike has all sorts of moons and rings
Old 04-23-2012, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, Ive checked out that site, showed her some rings and caps. shes totally down with that. I told her first, it would look 10x better lowered. Thatll be tough talking her into that, cause the only option we could afford would be racelands, and she hates the ride on my rokkors.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is with about a hour with rubbing compound after about two with sand paper to get most all the casting imperfections out. It still isnt done over the next two days ill put about another two into it and it will be perfect, now to order a plug cover and diversion panel,hit me up if anyone has one for sale
Name:  DSC_0130.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  71.1 KB
Name:  DSC_0128.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  66.3 KB
Name:  DSC_0131.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  37.7 KB
Old 04-23-2012, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also thinking of having the wheels powdercoated with chrome coat so the upkeep isnt as bad
Old 04-23-2012, 05:15 AM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I have to agree with muffinman. Everyone on here knows darn well if it wasn't murphys law starting this thread with the mods on the car EVERYONE would be bashing the living ____ out of the owner. I don't like the direction this car is headed in. I don't see the reason in putting so much time into stockies but eh, not my car and I'm never gonna see it on the road.

another thing, you said your life is finally getting sorted out. I think thats funny cause your name is murphys law because you know the rule says. Everything that can go wrong will lol.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZTC
I have to agree with muffinman. Everyone on here knows darn well if it wasn't murphys law starting this thread with the mods on the car EVERYONE would be bashing the living ____ out of the owner. I don't like the direction this car is headed in. I don't see the reason in putting so much time into stockies but eh, not my car and I'm never gonna see it on the road.

another thing, you said your life is finally getting sorted out. I think thats funny cause your name is murphys law because you know the rule says. Everything that can go wrong will lol.
not sure i follow that part

Quick Reply: Back From The Dead-need bumper /trunk