2005-2010 [ANT10]

BobaFettucini's White-Out Plan

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default BobaFettucini's White-Out Plan

I've got an 06 SW auto, only mods so far are K&N air filter, tint, and 08 tails.

So anyways, I've got a few things i plan on doing this year and I wanted opinions on it:

- Anzo halo projectors in black/clear, along with a color matched NIA eyebrow, partially to cover up those 6 random LEDs at the top, they seem so out of place.

- Anzo LED tails in JDM black, I'm also considering the red/clear considering how much chrome is on the black, but I still think I'd take the chrome setting over the red.

- along with the tails I'll get white 12 LED cluster bulbs for the parking lights

- I'm getting the OEM wheels, badges, and lug nuts powder coated white for my birthday (April yay! so its not far off)

- I plan on getting the Viniati spoiler over the summer

I am looking for an opinion on how to to paint the calipers, I'd like to do both black and white, or just black, I was thinking of doing the outermost piece of them white while doing the part closer to the center of the wheel black for some contrast, or vice versa.

all opinions are welcomed, positive or negative :D
Old 01-12-2009, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can't see myself putting white rims on my sw...theres already black accents on the car to begin with. don't think i've seen an sw with white rims now that i think of it...i went with black 18's...pic is in profile i think.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i say go black... never seen white, but if you do post piks i wanna see LOL
Old 01-12-2009, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Looking for opinions on going "white out"

Hey all, I'm pretty new here, got my 06 super white about a month ago, only thing that wasn't stock about it was a K&N filter

All I've done so far is put stock '08 lights on it, I had a friend upgrade to TYC's so he gave me his old ones, I know they don't look the best, but at least they match the front lights better than the stock red ones

So anyways, I've got a few ideas to do this year and I wanted opinions on it:

- I really want to take my stock wheels and color them white, leaving the badge and the lug nuts untouched, I've seen this done with black before, and I thought it looked great on a BSP/FM TC, but I was thinking the white would look great with a white body, There's a GTI around here thats white with white rims and its stunning. I was wondering if it would be more beneficial t'o get them painted, or powder coated?

Sounds good. I've always liked the white on white look. Should do white with a red lip. or track ring or what ever you call it

- I also plan on getting the pedestal spoiler, I initially wanted a Viniati, but I think with the white wheels the ped would look better, plus the Viniati doesn't come painted, so its an even bigger investment.

Dont get the pedestal spoiler. Everyone regrets it, you have no idea how many people ask about removing their pedestal spoiler.

- Another thing I want to do is to put NIA eyelids on it, again, in white, obviously.

again, sounds good

- I was curious as to painting the black part of my headlights/tail lights white, I've seen the headlights done before, and was curious as to if the back one could be done as I've never seen it done before, and how bad the process of removing the lenses to do this are.

headlights are easy, throw them in the oven and open them up, however i have personally not done it. Tail lights are a bit harder, you need to use a dremel and cut the lense off. it has been done before. Yellowhoodie did it. Think hes got a topic about it somewhere on here

- Aside from that the only other things I've considered were a 4" agency power shorty antenna and smoking both the TBL and the side mirror turn signals.

mmmmmm smoked tail lights. Sounds good. mine are smoked on my csm and they look sexi.

Any other suggestions, answers to any questions I have up there? all feedback is appreciated, positive or negative, I'm looking for opinions, not praise.

HIDs. And drop it.

Thanks, Boba
Old 01-12-2009, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it would look good, Check out the thread Let's see you stock painted rims. Im sure I saw a tC on white stockies there.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually these are not stockies, but here is a friend of mine...hope he doesnt mind me using his pics. But in his profile, he has pics of his sw with white tenzo type M rims

http://clubsciontc.com/bonaviche/
Old 01-12-2009, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ looks nice, especially with the grill.

I looked at the thread you were talking about and on page 2 and 18 theres white on white, but the first one the shot of the car is to small to really see how it looks, and the 2nd one shows basically the fender and the wheel only.

and yeah, I'm somewhat indifferent about the ped spoiler, I just figured it would look decent with the white wheels, the triangles really throw the thing off IMO

and hids and dropping it would come probably next year, im pushing my budget with what I have listed up there
Old 01-12-2009, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea, he's going for a white-out look also. I definitely would love to see the end results. And since you're on a budget doing the painted stockies isnt expensive at all. I haven't done it but plenty of people on here have.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just keep in mind that white rims are a pain in the rear to keep clean...

If you do decide to do it, powdercoating is best...

On the spoiler, if you look around, you will find someone that is looking to get rid of their spoiler... just offer to swap hatches and you could get that spoiler for free... they can get rid of their spoiler without having to pay a shop to fill and paint the holes left over from the spoiler, and you can get the spoiler for free. It's an easy swap as long as you have a few hands to help since the hatches are sorta on the heavy and bulky side.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:24 PM
SL Member

On the rims I'd say go with the black rims. White tc with black rims = awesomeness!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:47 PM
SL Member

i dont know about everyone else but i think black rims are getting done to death. be different, i think white on white is sexy, im thinking about doing it too. I kinda like bronze too though iono
Old 01-12-2009, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gold rims look absolutely freaking amazing on SW...
Old 01-12-2009, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^agreed
Old 01-12-2009, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if your going to go white on white, then get the wheels painted the same color as the car (the same color code). White is difficult to match because there are so many variations of white. If you buy white wheels you can guarantee that they will be a different white then your car and absolutely look like s*** (IMO). I say get an aftermarket wheel, then have them powder coated in SW with a crome/polished lip. I think thatd look sick. The only thing I do not like about the stock wheels are that they sit too far in the wheel well and the 215 tires are way to skinny. If you keep stock wheels, add spacers and maybe you can fit a wider/better tire on the stock wheel.

About the spoiler, I love my spoiler but I also like the way the lip spoiler looks with a lip kit and lowered. IDK thats a personal opinion you need to decide on your own and figure out what you think looks good. Me personally thinks it looks better with the ped spoiler.

but I personally think a car needs contrast. On the SW id get dark a** tint, s-techs, 18inch gold wheel with a crome/polished lip, some blacked out tail lights, 6000k HID's, vrd grilles, vrd fogs with yellow bulbs, (some kind of spoiler which ever you prefer), and 5 axis lip kit. But my opinion doesnt matter.

Im not a fan of the white headlight housing. I always think it looks better as black. I think white headlight housing is just butt ugly.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

theres a SW tc around here that has the tops of their tails painted or tinted white, looks pretty clean!

not a fan of white headlight housing, looks ricey

do not get a ped spoiler. i hate mine, its ugly, serves no purpose, every other tc has it, its hard to keep clean, get the Viniati or a lip
Old 01-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

looks nice
Old 01-13-2009, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Fresh Crew
SL Member

i've never been a fan of white on white. there is a 350z where i live in NY and he is white on white and i must say it kills the look.

now if you add the red in there i think it would set it off. maybe white wheels with a red lip? get creative. also, if you ever have questions or want some help there are bunch of us here in charlotte. take a look at the sig and check out the mid south section.

good luck and looking forward to seeing what you do.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

White on white on a stock looking car (no matter the rims) will look horrendous. A more modded car might be able to pull off the white on white look.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

One of te guys up here had White Roja's on his super white and it was hot with the CF SEibon hood.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK, So I've done some lurking and asking around, and my friend had his wheels on his camaro powder coated locally by a company that does PC exclusively, the lip on his were masked so he said that cost him extra, but it was still under $300

I'm assuming that mine would run around 250 or so from them judging by that, but I'm gonna swing by the place tomorrow and get an estimate.

Everything I've read says powder coating is the way to go, is this pretty much a general rule? or is it personal preference? I know white is gonna be hard upkeep, and im thinking the PC would outlast the paint drastically

any input?

**also, I forgot to mention, I do have tint, I've got 20 all around in charcoal, along with a strip on the windshield.

**edit again, heres s a picture of the spoiler I'm considering

Quick Reply: BobaFettucini's White-Out Plan