Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

A/C problem HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 03:40 PM

Question A/C problem HELP!!!!!

So I got a 2006 Scion tC back in August and the car was great I love it and have had no problems with it but about 2 months after I got it I noticed the ac would shut off randomly and then after about 5-10 minutes it would kick back on. So I assumed it was low on freon and I recharged it to 40psi and it was on 35 before and that did nothing to fix the problem at all and it continued to shut off and turn back on randomly till eventually after about a week it wouldn't turn on at all. so after about of week off no ac at all I changed to ac compressor relay and it worked!! for about 5-10 minutes..... then I shut of and wounldn,t turn back on so I thought maybe the relay burned out again and decide to take out one my fan relays swith it with the ac relay since there the same and see if it would work. The second I pulled out the fan relay the ac magically turned on!!!! I put the fan relay back in (fan relay #2) and after about 2 minutes the clutch unengaged again???? I love in Florida and even though it was in December it was still pretty warm so I decided to leave the fan really out and drive it like that to see if it would be Fine and it was great it was working exactly how it was supposed to and the car never overheated or even got any warmer then normal. Even though it is working with the fan relay out and I was only on one fan I would much rater fix the problem and have both fans working for,
1. gives me more peace of mind knowing its summer and its 95 degrees and I'm on 1 fan!!!
2. when I'm idling the air doesn't blow as cold as when driving cause not as much air is getting pulled though the condenser..

Last edited by Eddie_Pereira; 06-28-2017 at 09:14 PM.