Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Calling all RS 6.0..Post up Pics and Builds

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The waterfall is the center console, that's what its called. See how its design from the top all the way down how it flows like one piece.Like a waterfall.

I think the only difference between the two from the RS6 and other tC's is the radio door that's all
Old 10-28-2010, 02:20 AM
SL Member

thx for the clarification

yeah..its got the touch screen w/nav...although its not very big
its still works well....

oh...and the steering wheel w/controls is an exact dup of my fj but only on a smaller scale..LOL
Old 10-28-2010, 06:53 PM
SL Member

Default Konig Illusions 17x7 black w/blue

I got done work early day, weather was great, so I decided to take some pics with the new rims...
opted for 17x7 so I could use the OEM tires...they only have 500mi on them and with the Eibach springs I didnt wanna go with 18s...

Old 10-28-2010, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

213 what rims and if your ever in the market for coils I have a few sets for sale. Getting on air and my 18x8.5 don't fit and my stock 17s fir a bit nicer and look much nicer framed.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 PM
SL Member

Konig Illusions Black w/blue ball cut 17x7

already have Eibach lowering springs...like the ride where it is...
gives me flexibility - can do driveways and speed bumps with a single bound!!...LOL
Old 10-28-2010, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not bad but i would've went with the 18's, I like the color of them with the inner spokes painted blue looks good and goes with the theme of the RS6.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Team Scionara
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC213
I got done work early day, weather was great, so I decided to take some pics with the new rims...
opted for 17x7 so I could use the OEM tires...they only have 500mi on them and with the Eibach springs I didnt wanna go with 18s...

I just got the RS 6.0 a month ago, and those are the first rims that I've seen that I really, really like. Great choice! I probably won't change mine until the tires need replacing cause I think I'm gonna get 18s instead of the 17s but your pictures are making me want to go rim shopping now... lol.

I haven't done any mods yet but am looking for other ideas to make the stripe blend in better. I think it makes the car look sportier but it just seems like it's missing something. Maybe it just needs a spoiler - anybody with the 6.0 have one and if so, where did you get it? I'm assuming it would be cheapest to look for a used one and have a body shop match the color but would that void the warranty if it isn't installed by the dealership?

P.S. - Anybody else with the 6.0 HATE the navigation system, or do I just have to get used to it?
Old 10-31-2010, 07:39 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by SaraJanel2003
I just got the RS 6.0 a month ago, and those are the first rims that I've seen that I really, really like. Great choice! I probably won't change mine until the tires need replacing cause I think I'm gonna get 18s instead of the 17s but your pictures are making me want to go rim shopping now... lol.

I haven't done any mods yet but am looking for other ideas to make the stripe blend in better. I think it makes the car look sportier but it just seems like it's missing something. Maybe it just needs a spoiler - anybody with the 6.0 have one and if so, where did you get it? I'm assuming it would be cheapest to look for a used one and have a body shop match the color but would that void the warranty if it isn't installed by the dealership?

P.S. - Anybody else with the 6.0 HATE the navigation system, or do I just have to get used to it?
Spoiler is my next mod...gonna get oem style and have it painted by them..they have the paint code for the speedway blue...
check them out @ www.elitespoilers.com price is right too...

nav is not great but works...i figure you get what you pay for...and my long, long trips will be in my FJ which has a garmin nuv 255w...
i already have the tC lowered with Eibachs..so didnt wanna worry about rubbing etc with 18s.. or wait till tires wear out...
Old 10-31-2010, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nothing "voids" the warranty per say...only thing is if something breaks and the dealer can prove it was caused by your aftermarket part, then the warranty will not cover it
Old 10-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Team Scionara
SL Member

That is a seriously sweet price! Thanks for the info! Are you installing it yourself? It doesn't look very difficult but I'm still hesitant to do it myself. For that price though I might as well use some of the money I save to just have a body shop do it. Then at least I know it's done right and I won't be freaked out about drilling holes in my brand new car.

I like the fact that the touch screen for the navigation system works with the radio but I'm definitely gonna keep my Garmin around. Plus it's kind of nice that you can take it out of the car if you want to use it in a different vehicle.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

good start, needs a lot more low
Old 10-31-2010, 11:44 PM
SL Member

That is a seriously sweet price! Thanks for the info! Are you installing it yourself? It doesn't look very difficult but I'm still hesitant to do it myself. For that price though I might as well use some of the money I save to just have a body shop do it. Then at least I know it's done right and I won't be freaked out about drilling holes in my brand new car.

I like the fact that the touch screen for the navigation system works with the radio but I'm definitely gonna keep my Garmin around. Plus it's kind of nice that you can take it out of the car if you want to use it in a different vehicle.
the shop foreman of the accessory dept at the Yota dealer where I bought it does all the work I dont feel comfortable doing (on the tC and Fj)....this is something I might just let him do on his own time for some cash..but, yes, you are right...cant go wrong with the price on that...
Old 10-31-2010, 11:48 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dwalkertc
good start, needs a lot more low
I may add a lip or kit or something...dont know yet...

but this time, I wanna stay away from 3in clearances...
I want to be able to enjoy driving the car and not worry about where Im going (drive ways and speed bumps)...
my last car was an absolute beauty but got to be a chore to drive due to
its limitations (3in clearance)

Ive got Eibach springs on it now...so...we shall see..
Old 11-01-2010, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

PFFFFFFFFTTTT 3 inch clearances? I'd still say needs more low.

I'm only giving ya crap, get good stiff coilovers. I ran a set on my car with 2 inches of clearance and only scrapped on a few nasty highways.

PS: I know low from experience ;)

Name:  done.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  43.5 KB

Originally Posted by tC213
I may add a lip or kit or something...dont know yet...

but this time, I wanna stay away from 3in clearances...
I want to be able to enjoy driving the car and not worry about where Im going (drive ways and speed bumps)...
my last car was an absolute beauty but got to be a chore to drive due to
its limitations (3in clearance)

Ive got Eibach springs on it now...so...we shall see..
Old 11-01-2010, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's on air^^^
Old 11-01-2010, 04:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahaha, you found me. But even before hand i was riding on Tein ssp's with the upper pillow mounts, re springed and pulled the sprockets i had about 2" clearance at parts of the car. As it is now I'm thinking body drop, His RS6 just looks DAMN sexy and clean, love the color (not the decals) I may get that on my car...

Originally Posted by dropzone
That's on air^^^
Old 11-01-2010, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The car is clean, I think the TRD badge on the grill kinda takes away from it. Wheels I'm set on staying with 18s, and the gap pretty much to be eliminated with coilovers. That's me though if I had the RS 6.0, I like the color.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Dang, I'm digging the FJ. Possibly my next vehicle.

The RX8 is nice as well. Most that I see around here are either riced out or bone stock.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you driven an rx8? That car seriously has no *****.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

have you driven a stock tc? That is no *****

Originally Posted by XIEmperorIX
Have you driven an rx8? That car seriously has no *****.

Quick Reply: Calling all RS 6.0..Post up Pics and Builds