Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

car is leaking somewhere from the floor HELP!!!!!11

Old 11-29-2005, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default car is leaking somewhere from the floor HELP!!!!!11

i've had my tC since early Feb. and i have not ran across this problem. I just found out that somewhere on my front passenger side is letting in water or leaking somewhere. My brother sat in the seat and noticed the floor was filled with water. It's probably been like this the last ummm.... 2 months or month and a half, but i never knew because well no one really sits in my car. After my brother and i found the problem we dried it up. i know it's letting in water because it started to rain the last 2 days and well it's wet again, not as bad as before but still wet.

has anyone had or heard about this problem? should i just take it into the dealer? and is it warrentied?
Old 11-29-2005, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'd take it to the dealer if I were you...and should be covered. It seems like it a leak from the sunroff...perhaps check the weathering strips or when you're driving close the roof and listen for wind noise around that area. Good luck.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stick_1NZ
I'd take it to the dealer if I were you...and should be covered. It seems like it a leak from the sunroff...perhaps check the weathering strips or when you're driving close the roof and listen for wind noise around that area. Good luck.
hmm....i'm not sure if it's coming from the sunroof because there's no moisure coming from atop, but i'll keep an eye/ear out. i kinna think the water's coming from the passenger side air vent that airs the feet because i was looking at the carpet and the water is atop the carpet and is beading :dunno:
Old 11-29-2005, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Have you run any wiring through the firewall? That could be the problem. There is a rubber gromet on the firewall that could leak, also below the windsheild is the air intake for the hvac system. If is is not properly sealed, then it could be your problem. I would say, take it to the dealer.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Could also be the drain from the A/C is leaking into the car and not out the bottom like it should.

Check around the firewall to make sure its not a leaking plug like someone mentioned. Looks like you've got some aftermarket stereo stuff, I'd check all the places that those are running into the passenger compartment first, then if it all looks good, take it to the dealer...
Old 11-29-2005, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i found a rubber tube that looks like it's coming from the center console area, i'm at work so i haven't really messed around with it but i'm gonna check it out in an hour or 2. i'm not sure where that pipe starts at or ends at but i'm thinking that's where the water's coming from
Old 11-29-2005, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Could be the A/C condensor drain tube. The A/C unit removes moisture from the air as it works and it has to drain out. That's why people often worry about finding a clear puddle under their car sometimes.

Did someone dynamat over the drain tube hole?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
Could be the A/C condensor drain tube. The A/C unit removes moisture from the air as it works and it has to drain out. That's why people often worry about finding a clear puddle under their car sometimes.

my car's dynamatted but nothing from the front or firewall, only the doors, rear panel, and trunk. could it be that someone kicked it loose or say during a carwash knocked it out with a vaccuum? now my next question is that would that much moisture still come on even though i haven't used the AC in about a month or so? i use the heater ALOT though
Old 11-29-2005, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RoudyruffKK
Originally Posted by TheScionicMan

my car's dynamatted but nothing from the front or firewall, only the doors, rear panel, and trunk. could it be that someone kicked it loose or say during a carwash knocked it out with a vaccuum? now my next question is that would that much moisture still come on even though i haven't used the AC in about a month or so? i use the heater ALOT though
if you turn on your defroster it turns the ac on i believe
Old 11-29-2005, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i use the defroster but basically it's all warm air coming out, it's where i aim the air (towards the windshield). now i'm wondering where i plug this tube into? anyone know that one?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and thanks for all the help so far guys
Old 11-29-2005, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok i found where the hole is under the carpet, yea i'm pretty sure that's where the leak was coming from. when i get home in an hour i'm going to unplug it and turn on my defroster to see if that's where all the water came from.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Whenever you engage the defroster, it will turn on the A/C to draw the moisture out. This time of year can have a lot of moisture in the air, depending on where you live.

Sounds like you solved it. make sure you get that carpet dried out REALLY good.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok i just dried it out, put the tube outside the hole and turned on the heater to dry out the floor some more, i peeled back the carpet and checked the metal floors under the floor mat, carpet and the dampening material, it seems dry (which is kinna amazing seeing as how it was pretty much drenched.

is there anything i should be worried about since the whole floor was all wet? i'm thinking about siliconing the tube to the hole so this won't happen again, sound like a good idea? any drawbacks?
Old 11-29-2005, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had this issue and it was the A/C evaporator drain had been clogged by road debris... It's just like a puddle of water right? Just take it to your dealer, it should be covered (it was for me)
Old 11-29-2005, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by guitarist42288
I had this issue and it was the A/C evaporator drain had been clogged by road debris... It's just like a puddle of water right? Just take it to your dealer, it should be covered (it was for me)
well it's not clogged because the water drips out fine and i looked through the tube and looked fine, the tube just came out of the little hole and basically all the ac water n crap dripped into the cabin, it doesn't fit that snug in the hole so i'm thinking about just siliconing it together
Old 11-29-2005, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I can't imagine it would cause a problem to silicone it. It's not like it's a vent or anything...
Old 11-30-2005, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If you solved the problem your main concern now should be to make sure no smell comes out of it...water thats been sitting can make any car smell pretty raunch, make sure ya clean the car our real good, and everything is real dry.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RoudyruffKK
ok i found where the hole is under the carpet, yea i'm pretty sure that's where the leak was coming from. when i get home in an hour i'm going to unplug it and turn on my defroster to see if that's where all the water came from.
Dude, I have the same exact issue...
Mine goes from front to back it's so bad...

Where is this hole at?? Please please, give me some pictures, I've looked for it, and can't find crap...

Please, and thanks!
Old 11-30-2005, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok whatever works for you man, the dealer just cleaned out my A/C drain and the leak disappeared

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: car is leaking somewhere from the floor HELP!!!!!11