2005-2010 [ANT10]

Checked out the TC today. My thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Checked out the TC today. My thoughts

I'll start off by saying i own a 2000 Celica GTS 6spd so i'll use that as comparison

I love the TC, and i will be trading my celica in on one. But there was a couple things i didn't care for too much, but not enough to sway me from the deal.

Steering wheel looked kinda cheap.. had a rubber type material on it?

Sunroof covers are a flappy rubber material.. and i saw gaps between the cover and the roof so sunlight will still creep in during the day.. might get annoying since it doesn't seal perfectly.

Gauges.. nothing really wrong with them.. but the do seem a little small to me.. probably just a personal preference.. they just kinda look like baby gauges haha.. Also, the gauges light up kinda yellowish at night.. maybe its just me but i'm not real fond of that color.. i like classic dark amber or green..

Trunk space.. from the pictures it looks like the trunk is bigger than it is.. atleast for me it did. The trunk is not very deep at all.. i don't usually haul stuff so its not a big problem.

Other than those things, the exterior is awesome, wheels look great.. Also, i'm 6'3 and i had plenty of head room, after i reclined the driver seat a little bit. I sat in the back and reclined the seats and head plenty of head room too. The car was an auto so i didn't take it for a test drive since i'll be looking for a 5spd. The stock speakers were a little weak also i thought. Ok enough rambling =o) Can't wait to get mine.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it is a leather wrap steering wheel...
Old 06-25-2004, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member

awesome. just wondering though, why are you getting rid of your 6spd? i too have a celica.. but an auto gt. the 5spd tc would be a great upgrade for me atleast.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I would keep the Celica since Toyota is stopping production in next couple of years. Will become a classic....

Kevin
Old 06-25-2004, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I think the stock speakers leave a LOT to be desired. Honestly, and maybe this is just my perception but I think my 98 cavalier had a better steroe than the TC. Maybe I'm just losing my mind, but the steroe went from low priority to high priority in mods & I haven't even had the car a week.

The steroe sound is my biggest dissapointment with the TC.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ...

Whew... And I was thinking about upgrading to 6 cd changer

I really want one of those flashy color systems that you can take the face off... The stock one looks boring... (Obviously I'm clueless about sound systems)... But if I do go with that... I'll be replacing the stock speakers as well ;p
Old 06-29-2004, 09:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

toyota speakers have always been crap
Old 06-29-2004, 12:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chipmOnk
Not only Toyota but ever car has a terrible system unless you get into the elite class of cars. But I don't think Scion was going to put in a $1000 stereo system and try to keep the base cost low. However, I wish we could get a cheaper price and have the tC come with NO HU or speakers. Then we install our own system.

Kevin
Old 06-29-2004, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Toyota really should start using Bose
Old 06-29-2004, 01:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought the system soudned fair...a Lot better than most people haev said. I thought it was going to sound just horrible. I guess when I had my ZR2 for a year, that sounded horrible.

I also have a Camaro with the stock Bose system in it (although, upgraded CD player....Pioneer actually) and that sounds great.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fearturtle44
Originally Posted by chipmOnk
Not only Toyota but ever car has a terrible system unless you get into the elite class of cars. But I don't think Scion was going to put in a $1000 stereo system and try to keep the base cost low. However, I wish we could get a cheaper price and have the tC come with NO HU or speakers. Then we install our own system.

Kevin

i have an accord and parents have a camry and highlander... the speakers/hu in the accord is MANY times better than those in the camry and highlander...
Old 06-30-2004, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member

Toyota speakers are much better than my dad's 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan... But my mom has a Lexus 2000 ES 300, so I wouldn't say something bad about them. It would be much better if Scion can have JBL speakers as well.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Checked out the TC today. My thoughts

Originally Posted by JT Scion
Also, i'm 6'3 and i had plenty of head room, after i reclined the driver seat a little bit. I sat in the back and reclined the seats and head plenty of head room too. The car was an auto so i didn't take it for a test drive since i'll be looking for a 5spd. The stock speakers were a little weak also i thought. Ok enough rambling =o) Can't wait to get mine.
Ya right! you have never sat in a xB have you? sat in a tC fpr the first time yesterday-NO THANKS!!- its like sitting in a cockpit!! - and i had to recline the seat at 45 degree angle to fit in ( im 6'-3" also)- the interior is just as cheap as the xB ( fabric and dash material) - the only thing i love about it is the exterior looks..... I guess comming from a Celica though, your probably used to it-
Old 06-30-2004, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Default Re: Checked out the TC today. My thoughts

Originally Posted by UnFocused
Ya right! you have never sat in a xB have you? sat in a tC fpr the first time yesterday-NO THANKS!!- its like sitting in a cockpit!! - and i had to recline the seat at 45 degree angle to fit in ( im 6'-3" also)- the interior is just as cheap as the xB ( fabric and dash material) - the only thing i love about it is the exterior looks..... I guess comming from a Celica though, your probably used to it-
sheesh...why so harsh?? Everyone's different, maybe you have a longer torso than he does. No need to be so mean about it.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Charisma
Bose is crap.

Especially if you go to put in AF stereo+speakers.
You will spend a day ripping out bose stuff, or getting cussed by the Best Buy installers for putting them through the task.

Ah, who needs a radio/stereo... my favorite tunes are playing out the exhaust pipe
Old 07-01-2004, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Charisma
"BOSE, NO HIGHS NO LOWS"
Old 07-01-2004, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im not being mean about it- I was just expecting the tC to be a little bigger- like Camry Solara size- Once in person- It looks the size of a Civic Coupe...

Im just Sick of people drooling over this car ( not this thread in particular)- and they cant even fit in it!- IMO- its just as cramped as a Celica...
Old 07-01-2004, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by UnFocused
Im not being mean about it- I was just expecting the tC to be a little bigger- like Camry Solara size- Once in person- It looks the size of a Civic Coupe...

Im just Sick of people drooling over this car ( not this thread in particular)- and they cant even fit in it!- IMO- its just as cramped as a Celica...
you do realize that it's a sport compact and not a mid-size vehicle right?
Old 07-01-2004, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do now that ive seen it in person!!
Old 07-17-2005, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the tc is the appropriate size for a compact sports car

Quick Reply: Checked out the TC today. My thoughts