2005-2010 [ANT10]

Which color? I'm torn...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Which color? I'm torn...

Ok, I really like the IIP, BSP and Super White. Anyone care to give insite into why they'd choose either of the 3? I know "I should really choose what I like." But I'd really like some reasons you'd pick one or the other (perception, ability to keep clean, etc.)

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Banned
SL Member

the white on the TC looks like ____, like a old ladies car...flint and black....
Old 08-10-2004, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

super white is the one if you want to keep your car clean easy. i have IIP, it looks great when it's clean, but i need to wash care every 3 days in order to keep it look nice. do your math... you may save some soap on super white. saw BCP in dealer...not very impress, but darker color does make it look more like a BMW. FM looks better than BCP. and, you may want to ckeck out AP since there aren't that many of them around, the color looks great and really stand out.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I don't know -- AP is sorta a little too pastel for me.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Which color? I'm torn...

Originally Posted by lebshiff21
Ok, I really like the IIP, BSP and Super White. Anyone care to give insite into why they'd choose either of the 3? I know "I should really choose what I like." But I'd really like some reasons you'd pick one or the other (perception, ability to keep clean, etc.)

Thanks!
I chose Super White because it give the car a more sporty look (that and the weather is hot here in socal). To me, cars with aggressive lines look better in darker colors, i.e. Celica in black, WRX in metallic blue. Cars with clean sheet metal look better in lighter colors such as silver or white. IMO, the tC looks more expensive in the darker colors such as IIP, BSP, FM, and BCP while looking more sporty in the lighter colors such as SS and SW. Like what haihengh said, "darker color does make it look more like a BMW". The only color I'm not sure of is AP.

Oh, and SW is easier to keep clean than BSP when dust becomes a factor.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Not the color you mentioned, but I took the silver streak because its my little beemer and dead sexy. ;) When choosing a color, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND making sure you see a car with the exact color, IN PERSON, even if you have to call up every dealer and find out what they have to show. Their little magnetic color strips at the dealer, though cute, are not good enough. After I ordered my SSM I saw many posts of users raving about their BCP and it made me question my choice a little, but after I saw the BCP in person, I could see that it wasnt the color for me.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I went with IIP.... I love dark blue on my cars. I don't really care about how hard it is to keep clean or what my car looks like to other people, I got IIP because I think it kicks ___.... :D

on a side note... my second choice was going to be Black Sand (that is the name of the metalic black, right?)
Old 08-10-2004, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got mine in IIP and I absolutely love the color. Plus the color gets complimented by everyone who sees the car.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

get flint mica...you wont understand how great the color is untill you see it in person, on a bright sunny day..this paint is insane...all the pics online dont do the color justice
Old 08-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by haihengh
super white is the one if you want to keep your car clean easy. i have IIP, it looks great when it's clean, but i need to wash care every 3 days in order to keep it look nice. do your math... you may save some soap on super white. saw BCP in dealer...not very impress, but darker color does make it look more like a BMW. FM looks better than BCP. and, you may want to ckeck out AP since there aren't that many of them around, the color looks great and really stand out.
LOL The TC looks NOTHING like a BMW, If you wanted a BMW buy a BMW...lol

your comparing a apple to a prune!
Old 08-10-2004, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

All the colors you have mentioned are very nice. I have Suppa White so dont bad mouth it Cybergypsy!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...cwindow006.jpg
If i had to chose again and pick something different, I'd probably get IIP. Very nice color.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Super White... and I could have picked any color coz I put my deposit waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in march.

Check out my signature link to see pics of my baby.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Obey
get flint mica...you wont understand how great the color is untill you see it in person, on a bright sunny day..this paint is insane...all the pics online dont do the color justice
Funny thing about the Flint - I saw it on one car (with light window tint) and thought it looked really nice. Then I saw it on a slightly dirty car at the dealer and it looked like complete ____. I don't think there are any truly standout colors on the tC - the BCP is the only one I truly hate. I'd never get a white car because it's boring (same with the silver) and I didn't think I liked the black until I saw it up close (it looks good in the sun when clean) but I'm still probably leaning toward AP, which brings up another problem. They are rare and the color isn't on the xA or xB, so odds are you'd have to put down a deposit and specify it as your first choice or you'll never see one in person. I want manual and side airbags too, so I'll probably just order from the factory and wait 2-3 months to get it.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy

i never compare tC with BMW. if you want to be an _______ and be every tC owner's enemy then go ahead. since when i ever say tC is in the same class as the BMW does? everyone here fully understand tC is nowhere near BMW in term of price/performance/reputation/luxery, but tC will beat BMW in reliablity hand down. after all, tC is for me/poor guy who wants to have a car with a little bit of luxuary, a little bit of performance, and a lot of reliablity. what's wrong?

laws allow you to express your own opinion. you allow youself to become an _______ by expressing your opinion in an offentive way.

sorry for the speeling, ya, poor guy can't speel right so that he can't get a BMW.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:15 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4me
All the colors you have mentioned are very nice. I have Suppa White so dont bad mouth it Cybergypsy!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...cwindow006.jpg
If i had to chose again and pick something different, I'd probably get IIP. Very nice color.
The Tc looks like crap in white, XA and XB look great.....its the TC's body....LOL...sorry supras i only like in blue and black.......
Old 08-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Banned
SL Member

i never compare tC with BMW. if you want to be an _______ and be every tC owner's enemy then go ahead. since when i ever say tC is in the same class as the BMW does? everyone here fully understand tC is nowhere near BMW in term of price/performance/reputation/luxery, but tC will beat BMW in reliablity hand down. after all, tC is for me/poor guy who wants to have a car with a little bit of luxuary, a little bit of performance, and a lot of reliablity. what's wrong?

laws allow you to express your own opinion. you allow youself to become an _______ by expressing your opinion in an offentive way.

sorry for the speeling, ya, poor guy can't speel right so that he can't get a BMW.
well i have had 4 bmw's last year all current models...so I find you funny as ever...LOL...who isbeing a _______..ohhh and how do we spell OFFENTIVE....not sure you can spell you make me laugh.......
Old 08-10-2004, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like white and I'm modding my car completely. I just think it looks sexy with rims and a bunch of CF.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i have had 4 bmw's last year all current models...so I find you funny as ever...LOL...who isbeing a _______..ohhh and how do we spell OFFENTIVE....not sure you can spell you make me laugh.......
LOL Cybergypsy...you should be the LAST person to point out other people's spelling/grammar mistakes...seriously
As far as the color choices, I would go with the Flint Mica in first place, and IIP in second place. It really depends on what you like.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey my first choise was black and my secand was flint wouldent you know the flint came in. I was thinking of waiting to get black but the flint does look good when its clean and im sure it will be easier to take care of. Being from pittsburgh I know how bad black looks when theres salt on it dureing the winter buy then again what car does.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

who care how many Bummers you have here? i know all tC looks like crap to you, but there is no need to say it in EVERY SINGLE post, and in front of EVERY person who visit this board. we all know you don't like tC, that's all. get a live!

back to topic, FM reall look good at night. IIP have different colors/looks under different light condiction, lebshiff21, you should check it out personally. for lighter color, I think SS will be the easiest one to keep clean.

Quick Reply: Which color? I'm torn...