Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Crashed 2009 Scion tC RS5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That car is totaled, no doubt in my mind.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

damn that is tore up! glad you're ok
Old 07-31-2010, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats really sucks! looks totaled to me.

as far as taking stuff from the car, i doubt they will let you take the wheels since they came with the car, and the springs. You will probably be able to take the sway bar since nobody would even look for that, and BBK if you have the stock brakes.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

My daughter just totalled her xA...The adjuster told me I could take off the parts I wanted but I must replace them with stock replacement parts...I had him include the rims and tires in the damage estimate and those were left with the car...They gave me fair value for the rims and tires...

And for the record, your car looks totalled...Glad to hear that your ok...For pics on my daughters xA, go to the xA forums and check it out...They put her damage at over $9000.00
Old 07-31-2010, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

keep a journal of everything that happened, in case of insurance problems in the future
Old 08-01-2010, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default re:

thanks for everyone's advice. No one was given tickets.

@DJ08tC: What a small world....

if anyone else has anything I'm open to it. The adjuster will look at it tues and give me the verdict.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default re

I've been researchingg and saw that our cars have a sort of a black box? Where is it located, and how do I get the insurance company to look at that data??
Old 08-01-2010, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tuningvelocity
I've been researchingg and saw that our cars have a sort of a black box? Where is it located, and how do I get the insurance company to look at that data??
you can't. only toyota itself has access to that information.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

de-badge it before it goes to the yard
Old 08-01-2010, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tuningvelocity
thanks for everyone's advice. No one was given tickets.

@DJ08tC: What a small world....

if anyone else has anything I'm open to it. The adjuster will look at it tues and give me the verdict.
what do you mean by what a small world
Old 08-01-2010, 05:24 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At least you stayed on all four wheels! My accident this part March was a old lady running a red light except she flipped my car over...

Definitely get checked out by a doctor/chiropractor very soon. Three days after my accident is when my back started hurting and I still attend the chiropractor 3 days a week, months after the accident with no immediate resolution in the near future. My spine curves left of my body now...

Don't let the adjuster dick you around either. If certain items that you planned on removing are to far gone as far as damage is concerned, get the receipts out!! You won't be fully reimbursed but will add to the overall worth of your claim if it is a loss. Also, don't let them take the vehicle to one of their facilities. If the car is at your house, the better. I had to jump thru hoops for my claim.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the only problem he has with taking stuff of is the fact that all that stuff was already part of the car. the springs, sway bar, badges, wheels, all came with it because it is a rs 5
Old 08-01-2010, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ08tC
what do you mean by what a small world
Pretty sure he was referring to my post... b/c i saw his accident.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

How did the lady not get a ticket for running a red light? Thats fricken ridiculous!
Old 08-01-2010, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
How did the lady not get a ticket for running a red light? Thats fricken ridiculous!
because the police officer didn't actually see it and he can't really write it because it is all allegations. have the witnesses say she did, and half the "witnesses" say she didn't.

and even if the police officer does write the ticket, since he didn't witness it happen, the conviction would be dependent on the witnesses showing up to testify against her in court.

there are plenty of car accidents where negligence is clear as day and people don't get tickets, trust me, doesn't mean she won't be found at fault for the accident.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by serith
Pretty sure he was referring to my post... b/c i saw his accident.
makes sense
Old 08-01-2010, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get yourself a good accident lawyer, the insurance company(s) will always try to give out the least amount of money, a few years ago a got rear ended and I got a lawyer and got all of my medical bills payed for, got my car fixed and also got me about $13K clean for myself, so trust me on this, get yourself a lawyer.

BTW...the lawyer does everything, he took care of all the nasty work, I really didn't do anything except go to the chiropractor lol...
Old 08-01-2010, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gwtc
Get yourself a good accident lawyer, the insurance company(s) will always try to give out the least amount of money, a few years ago a got rear ended and I got a lawyer and got all of my medical bills payed for, got my car fixed and also got me about $13K clean for myself, so trust me on this, get yourself a lawyer.

BTW...the lawyer does everything, he took care of all the nasty work, I really didn't do anything except go to the chiropractor lol...
yes and no. insurance companies by law have to pay for all the damages their insured driver's are legally responsible for up to their policy limits. as for getting a settlement for pain and suffering and injuries, there has to be some objective injuries to really get something out of that.

not saying lawyers don't serve a purpose, but they aren't always necessary.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
yes and no. insurance companies by law have to pay for all the damages their insured driver's are legally responsible for up to their policy limits. as for getting a settlement for pain and suffering and injuries, there has to be some objective injuries to really get something out of that.

not saying lawyers don't serve a purpose, but they aren't always necessary.
I think if you're not familiar with how insurance companies work, you should always get a lawyer, insurance companies do not like loosing money and yes "by law they have to cover all the damages their insured driver's are legally responsible for up to their policy limits", but they'll always find a loophole some where, trust me on this, I've gone through this many times and have had many horrible experiences and I do not trust any insurance company taking care of me, I was naive then, but not anymore. The guy asked for advice, so I'm giving him mine, if he just wants to deal with the insurance companies on his own, then good luck to him.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol, i am a claim adjuster. my point is this, if you're involved in a miner fender bender, or you're in an accident with miner injuries, then no, you don't need a lawyer. if you're in a serious accident with real injuries, then yes, you may need a lawyer.

but there are also shady lawyers. i had a claim that got flagged for investigation, because the lawyer hired by one of the involved parties came up with warnings about defrauding insurance companies.

Quick Reply: Crashed 2009 Scion tC RS5.0