To crush street racing cars before they hit the street

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by emiller
Originally Posted by Zebman
I'd forward my monthly payments to the police office. Seriously, this makes me sick!
If you feel like endangering others by racing on the street then its your fault if you are paying for a block that used to be your car. Its not like its hard or expensive to find a local track to race on legally.
he isn't talking about that. he is talking about the police seizing cars because they APPEAR to look like a car modified for street racing. it would be so wrong for the police to crush your car because it could be used for street racing.

what if you had a 9 second camaro in your driveway with drag racing slicks, and wheelie bars out back and a giant blower sticking out of the hood. a police car drives by, sees it, calls a tow truck to take it to the junk yard and have it crushed because you COULD use it for street racing, when in fact you load on a trailer every week for 1/4 drags at the local track. now wouldn't that make you mad?

i'm looking forward to autocrossing with my tc. it has lowered suspension, sway bars, might put some nice wheels and tires on. and the police seize it because they modifications could also be used for street racing. i would not be a happy camper.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

exactly Drax hit it on the head, thats exactly whats going on in Ontario . or going to be going on here in the states
Old 07-02-2007, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, there's a strip here close by. But I guarantee i'd be on the hit list here. I'm spirited to say the least, but don't race.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah the closest strip to me is about 50min away, but its worth the drive, i wish there was a place for Auto-X and such around me. but i havent seen one, or heard anything about one, i think i should get some people and try to organize something... although now that i think about it, i think Watkins Glen has something once in a great while.but thats 3½ hours away from me.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the only good thing that can come from a law like the one proprosed in canada is we can finially do something with all those ugly cars in the "spot the rice and taters" thread

i'd love for all cars with oversized wings and stupid stickers and chrome rims to get crushed.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
the only good thing that can come from a law like the one proprosed in canada is we can finially do something with all those ugly cars in the "spot the rice and taters" thread

i'd love for all cars with oversized wings and stupid stickers and chrome rims to get crushed.
thats exactly what i said... kill the rice and the sleepers live on, because they wont know the difference
Old 07-07-2007, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zebman
I'd forward my monthly payments to the police office. Seriously, this makes me sick!
If you feel like endangering others by racing on the street then its your fault if you are paying for a block that used to be your car. Its not like its hard or expensive to find a local track to race on legally.
If 'they' preemptively crushing your car before you street race, is it still your fault?

Please, read at least some of the posts in the thread before you comment, even if you don't want to read the first one.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wonder if they crush your car.. will your insurance cover it and i'm wondering if the gap insurance come into affect... but yeah.. that is stupid.. i mean, any car can look like it's ready for a street race...
Old 07-07-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

The Ontario theyre talking about is in California not Canada.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDave
i think crushing cars after they r caught street racing, is fine, to an extent, because that would make people run when they get caught, but crushing before the fact is retarded.
That's ridiculous. Say you're speeding a bit and a cop having a bad day decides to nail you for "unlawful contest of speed". Ofcourse, it's your word against his. He saw another car speeding near yours...looks like street racing!

Guess what? You'll be HuffyDave, because your Scion would be no more.

This whole car crushing thing is ridiculous. Thank God I live in FL. Heavy fines and jail time have pretty much curbed street racing here in Miami.

I don't know about you guys...but there's going to be a fight if someone tries to take my car and crush it. I work hard for that thing, and I'll be damned if anyone is going to take that from me, regardless of what I do with it.

DON'T TREAD ON ME
Old 07-08-2007, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^That's absolutely ridiculous. Why exactly should the gov't be justified in destroying my personal property in any situation? Just put me in jail and take my license. Don't get me wrong, I hate street racing and racers and I do believe we'd all be better off if they didn't have cars, but in no way do I believe that the state should be entitled to do whatever they please with my property simply because I've broken a law. A murderer can get out prison and still have a car.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by dropzone
http://www.foxnews.com/video2/launchPage.html?062007/062007_hunt_cars&What%20a%20Drag&FNL&California%20cops%20want%20to%20crush%20illegal%20street%20racing...%20literally%21&US&-1&What%20a%20Drag&Video%20Launch%20Page&News

that links to the page with a vid for a live taping of a crushing of a what, you guessed it, a Honda . Will that completely deter street racing, hell no. After seeing that Civic crushed they can buy another one with no engine and have it hooked up and back on the streets soon. I feel bad for the crushed RSX though, or any new rides cuz of car payments.

I get my speed fix at the nearest 1/4 mi track and after witnessing for myself the tC max speed at a governed 127/128ish MPH that's determent enough for any highway runs.
there wasn't a RSX crushed. It was just Civics and one Integra.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
well, actually, the second article is new...

but that kind of thing can't happen. crushing cars because they appear to be built for street racing would be a huge violation of individual rights. what specifically makes a car a street racer? it could be built for SCCA races, or auto cross, or drag racing on the track. all of those activities are sanctioned. glad that is only up in canada. that kind of stuff would be so unconstitutional in the us.
Don't be so sure. Our constitutional rights are being eroded everyday (and are already so in certain states with certain issues...), and no one seems to notice.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

So wait - in Canada - they're going to crush all;

Lotus Elises

Ford Mustang GT's?

350 Z's?

Civic Si's?

STI's?

Evo's?

Camaro SS's?

Neon SRT's?

So they're going to to go around to all showrooms , auto repair shops, HIN's, SEMA conventions, etc. and destroy everything?