Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Delay on the NB tC ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member

Default Delay on the NB tC ??

Hey All,

I orderd an '06 in NB two weeks ago and the dealer just called and said he doesn't see any NB coming in the pipeline. Something about them not making NB at this point in the run.

Now, he says he found a NB 05 in Ohio (I'm in Detroit 'burbs), but I really wanted an 06. Ya think he's scammin me to get his quota for the month or have you heard anything about the availability of the '06 NB Manuals? I did a search of the forums, but other than everyone really loving their NB (and white ) I didn't see anything about this.

I kinda think he is runnin a line past me, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks !!
Old 07-12-2005, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The 05's were not NB... they were IIP (indigo ink pearl). Slightly different shades. But I'm fairly certain that a few people on the forums here do have 06 NB tCs. So they do exist.

I think it sounds like he's just trying to sell you something you don't want (or doesn't exist, since the 05 was not NB). I would just go to another dealer. F- him.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude.... these guys will tell you ANYTHING to sell you the car they have, as opposed to the one you want... I had a dude try to sell me the showroom model by telling me he had one coming in 2 weeks that someone else bailed on... When I questioned it he told me he already sold it... yeah right.. definitely do NOT settle man, tell him you're going somewhere else, there are several pics of NB's here on this site, so plenty of people have them, and mine's coming in 2 weeks. Whatever you do, do NOT get the '05 if you really don't want it, unless he gives you a great deal on it, which he won't.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member

I'm ending up with a nautical blue in a few weeks.. I told the dealer I wanted an indigo ink one and I guess he thought they still had some 05s coming in , but after checking with the distributor looks like it's an 06 .. They're having to trade with another dealer to get it anyway, and then put the stuff I wanted on it ( I'm ordering leather, not sure if it's already in or if the dealer is installing when he gets it ) .. I'm in the southeast region and apparently the dealers like to swap cars instead of ordering one from the factory..

I really wanted an indigo ink instead.. ah well, maybe tC RS2.0 (if they make one) will be in the blue color .. ;D
Old 07-12-2005, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, he's yankin' yer chain. I have an 06 NB 5spd that came into port yesterday that should be in Lansing in about 2 weeks... and that is the second NB 06 model that has come to the Lansing dealership. Sounds like your dealership doesn't know what they are talking about (kinda like the Grand Rapids dealer).
Old 07-12-2005, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Delay on the NB tC ??

Originally Posted by Invader Zim
Hey All,

I orderd an '06 in NB two weeks ago and the dealer just called and said he doesn't see any NB coming in the pipeline. Something about them not making NB at this point in the run.

Now, he says he found a NB 05 in Ohio (I'm in Detroit 'burbs), but I really wanted an 06. Ya think he's scammin me to get his quota for the month or have you heard anything about the availability of the '06 NB Manuals? I did a search of the forums, but other than everyone really loving their NB (and white ) I didn't see anything about this.

Thanks !!
yeah the guy is full of it.. let me guess, you went to bob saks scion? i visited them once and what a joke they were, trying to sell me a sienna (when i was looking to get my parents a minivan) with all sorts of lies.. i'd stay away from there if you were going to Bob Saks..

and NB is the new blue for 06.. and yes they are around, so i'd go to another dealer.. don't need to deal with a lying salesman..
Old 07-13-2005, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you could try lafontaine..the guys there seem pretty cool. my parents have bought their toyotas there, and I plan on ordering my tC from there as soon as I decide on a color.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i got a 06 nautical blue a week and half ago - no wait it was on the lot when i went there

Old 07-13-2005, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Thanks for posting pictures of the Nautical Blue, truthfully I have one arriving in two weeks and I've never even seen the color myself. I'm relieved that it looks so good though!

My first thought while browsing this forum the last couple days was that almost no one had nautical blue metallic. It seems that Flint Mica is the most popular, followed closely by IIP, which is quite a nice color.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dealer screwed up my color. Ordered a AP instead of an NB. I took the opportunity to change my color to FM. Car should be here in a month. I'm so indecisive about the color. Both NB and FM look great!
Old 07-13-2005, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

These guys can't ALL be that stupid.... I'm telling you, they're trained to lie through their teeth, how can so many salepeople screw up a simple thing like the color of a car??? If mine tries this BS, I'm out, end of story.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was lucky enough to find an SSM on the lot, ready to go. I didn't have to order at all. Then again, no color really jumps out at me as being too cool. Some are nice and there are a few that I would take, but I'm certainly satisfied with the one I got.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scratchtc
Dealer screwed up my color. Ordered a AP instead of an NB. I took the opportunity to change my color to FM. Car should be here in a month. I'm so indecisive about the color. Both NB and FM look great!
no need to be indecisive. You should get SW.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Delay on the NB tC ??

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
Hey All,

Thanks !!
yeah the guy is full of it.. let me guess, you went to bob saks scion? i visited them once and what a joke they were, trying to sell me a sienna (when i was looking to get my parents a minivan) with all sorts of lies.. i'd stay away from there if you were going to Bob Saks..

and NB is the new blue for 06.. and yes they are around, so i'd go to another dealer.. don't need to deal with a lying salesman..
No, went to to Scion of Bloomfield because I heard horror stories about Saks - which is too bad becasuse Saks is 2 miles from home.

I'm gonna talk to my sales 'Droid tomorrow and get the straight scoop. If he ordered like he said he would, than it is a matter of a build date, not this "I don't see any arraiving..." crap. I love new cars, but I hate new car buying. It's this weird game of them trying to politely screw you while you politely tell them they are lyers.

Thanks for the feedback and the pic's of the NB are great !!!
Old 07-13-2005, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Soon2BxB:

Thanks for the awesome pictures of the Nautical Blue. I ordered one myself today...there was one on the lot that I test drove and it was awesome looking.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member

So I get a call from the 'Droid at Scion of Bloomfield and he tells me my 05 will be here tomorrow. Huh? I wanted an 06. He said they aren't making them. I tell him about this post and that other people are. What stat is his reply. So I ask him how I am getting an 05 when I wanted a NB 06. I tell him, tell ya what - you find me a Classic Silver or Black Cherry Metalic 06 manual with air bags and I'm happy. The droid says, "well, I gotta call back the other guy and tell em you don't want the car" kinda ____y. He calls me back and says "That IIP 05 is the only Scion in 6 states". What bull !!!

I asked him how I can have orderd a car if they are just shopping dealer trades? He said Scion doesn't allow orders - X ammount come in and they pick from a pool. Whatever - even if that was true I don't like his attitude. They wanted a small deposite to "order" the car so I told him I'll swing by and get my $$ back.

This sucks! Now I have to either deal with the dealer by my house that comes poorly recommended, or one that is not close to home.

Buying a car should be easier.....
Old 07-14-2005, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go to another dealer. This guy sounds like an ___.

You shouldn't have to go through all of this just to get the car you want - go elsewhere. They obviously don't want your business.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I get a call from the 'Droid at Scion of Bloomfield and he tells me my 05 will be here tomorrow. Huh? I wanted an 06. He said they aren't making them. I tell him about this post and that other people are. What stat is his reply. So I ask him how I am getting an 05 when I wanted a NB 06. I tell him, tell ya what - you find me a Classic Silver or Black Cherry Metalic 06 manual with air bags and I'm happy. The droid says, "well, I gotta call back the other guy and tell em you don't want the car" kinda ____y. He calls me back and says "That IIP 05 is the only Scion in 6 states". What bull !!!

I asked him how I can have orderd a car if they are just shopping dealer trades? He said Scion doesn't allow orders - X ammount come in and they pick from a pool. Whatever - even if that was true I don't like his attitude. They wanted a small deposite to "order" the car so I told him I'll swing by and get my $$ back.

This sucks! Now I have to either deal with the dealer by my house that comes poorly recommended, or one that is not close to home.

Buying a car should be easier.....

yeah i'd definitely stay away from scion of bloomfield hills, what a moron.. basically lie to you at every step of the way, what a loser. And as you already know you CAN order a car, since they don't have many in stock yet.. what I think is hilarious is that you told him you wanted NB not IIP! and yet he still keeps going on and on about IIP, morons.. probably some stuck up snob from bloomfield, wouldn't doubt it.. thinks he knows everything..

definitely try another dealer.. check the reviews-> dealers for a better dealer...

you're right buying should be better, i would report this guy to scion corporate, for this amount of lying and frustration he's caused, guy should be fired..
Old 07-14-2005, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What's even funnier is that when I was looking for an 05 IIP 5spd, Spartan Scion in Lansing couldn't find any IIP in the entire USA. HMMM....

Oh well, I "settled" for a NB 06 5spd
Old 07-14-2005, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh yeah that is funny.. i was calling around trying to get a good deal on a sienna for my parents, spartan was a joke.. so yeah i agree with you..

i think toyota better get some better salespeople or they might be losing some customers..

oh and too bad you had to settle for a NB '06.. what a shame I like the NB better than the IIP.. NB is what i thought IIP was going to be..

Quick Reply: Delay on the NB tC ??