2005-2010 [ANT10]

Delimma

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Delimma

Be waiting for the tC for almost 6 months. However, someone in my office is selling a 2002 BMW Z3 2.5i (auto with red leather, convertible) with only 10,000 miles (garaged kept) for $28,000.

My budget is telling me to wait for the tC but my mind is telling me to go for the Z3. :?:

What'a a guy to do???

Kevin
Old 05-13-2004, 07:19 PM
S3X
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get the tC it's cheaper , gas saver, and you'll love the NEW CAR SMELL, though mine is almost gone now, but yeah! go with the tC.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

BMW motors suck... Build quality is a sham... Insurance is through the roof, and it isn't as practical...

You get bragging rights and a chick magnet I guess in return for the trade off...

How many mods can you shove down the Z3? If you don't plan on having some mod fun or bringing an unique car to a club meet, then I guess the Z3 would be cool to have... You'll love the Z3 stock maybe better than a modded tC though...

Having a tC will yield you a new car, with new car smell... Japanese built quality (I know I've argued this a lot but if you drive it like you hate it, it will break on you :D) You'll get a wealth of mods to put into your car to make it your own, I guess in some sense the more mods you put in will yeild you the same bragging rights as to owning a Z3... You'll also have a chicken head magnet (note I say chicken head since econbox drivers have good looking girls too but they are more ghetto LOL)...

The biggest factor is FWD for tC and the OTHER one which needs no introduction and is yummy :D

For 28K wouldn't you rather have a RX-8 rotary bragging rights or STi or Evo? Maybe even an entry level G35C?
Old 05-13-2004, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Delimma

Originally Posted by fearturtle44
Be waiting for the tC for almost 6 months. However, someone in my office is selling a 2002 BMW Z3 2.5i (auto with red leather, convertible) with only 10,000 miles (garaged kept) for $28,000.

My budget is telling me to wait for the tC but my mind is telling me to go for the Z3. :?:

What'a a guy to do???

Kevin
I bet if you asked this question in a BMW forum, they would say the Z3. Of course if you ask this question here, people are biased towards the tC. I say go ask people in a Hyundai or Ford Forum hahaha.

But yah, I would say get the tC
Old 05-13-2004, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bet if you asked this question in a BMW forum, they would say the Z3. Of course if you ask this question here, people are biased towards the tC. I say go ask people in a Hyundai or Ford Forum hahaha.
I hope he expects this and take into consideration of biased comments when he sees it... The reason why anyone would take the Z3 over the tC would be pure performance and drive to grin ratio... Depending on how important that is, and the price it cost to keep, factor in the fact that it's a used car, then one can figure it out themselves...

I can't put any 15"s in a Z3 so I would never buy it, or any other roadster... Still, everyone knows if you buy German you're gonna end up paying more just to have the fancy badge, so like I suggested, for the price you have some GREAT alternatives BRAND SPANKING NEW that'll spank the Z3 in practical / drive to grin ratio...

I would however consider my opinions biased against BMW since I never got the fact why people would pay an extra 5K for the same cars you can find at a Lexus dealer... There isn't a Z3 equivelent, but if Toyota got their act together, it probably would kick BMW in the scrot....
Old 05-13-2004, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah 28,000 delievers a EVO, but maybe they only want an AUTO tranny. I have to admit I like the Z3 but $28,000 is a lot for a used car. BMW's also cost more to repair.

Hell if I had $28,000 to burn I'd defantly go for a new Evo or a slightly used 350Z or G35. or maybe a new 2005 Mustang GT :?

Plus most women will only go for guys now in a Z4
Old 05-13-2004, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah buts I sures likes thems chicken heads!!
Old 05-13-2004, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ummm what is a chicken head????????
Old 05-13-2004, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those are the girls the guys in souped up Civics get... Note they don't have class but the pack much ___ :D

Z4 girls are usually too up tight for me :D Give me chicken heads any day :D

Damn dude this went way off topic... I'm sorry

GET THE tC now thats better XD
Old 05-13-2004, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I graduated and ran out and bought me a brand spanking new BMW 325i... red w/sports package... kaboom... hefty payment, north of $600...

two things... #1 people notice you... #2 you feel accomplished...

#1... plus... chics do notice, but not the chics you're chasing... only the trash - as you age, you'll see that you can't stand those money grabbers...
minus... cops notice you, they question if the car is stolen, pry into your personal life every time they pull you over... and also, any person you meet and tell that you have a $35k car, automatically classifies you as a snob and then you get the "treatment" - I NEVER had this problem when I drove my '72 VW Beetle...

#2... plus... you sit at a red light and look around and for the most part you have the nicest/cleanest car you can see... it's great... but it fades...
minus... BMWs need work just like every other car... rolled over 49,000 miles the other day and the water pump went out, ate the belt and there I was stranded... warrantee covered the repair, but I still lost two hours that day... so far the power windows have gone out (2 of them), cracked rim (did not hit anything), a/c freaks out all the time (I just restart the car to fix it (must run on windows))...

it is just a car, it is a temporary possesion and I will gladly step down to have a car note of $300 or less... I don't want people to think about stealing my car, or breaking into it... it is time for me to blend...

the tC looks perfect in every way... Toyota longevity, good power, good balance... it works for me...
Old 05-13-2004, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by S3X
Get the tC it's cheaper , gas saver, and you'll love the NEW CAR SMELL, though mine is almost gone now, but yeah! go with the tC.
lol yea the new car smell is the best part!
Old 05-13-2004, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had a z3 as a rental car once, didnt like it that much although it did have good traction
i would take my friends supercharged miata over one any day
Old 05-13-2004, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RyaN21
lol yea the new car smell is the best part!
ditto! i like the new car smell hehe
Old 05-13-2004, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The low miles are attractive on the BMW, but you should try to get into a wholesale auction.You can get alot of car for 28K. Does your co-worker own it or owe 28 on it?
Old 05-13-2004, 11:20 PM
Banned
SL Member

had the Z3 it sucks now if its a M3 that rocks...TC for ME
Old 05-13-2004, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Go with the Tc. I agree though, if I 28,000. I'd go for a Evo or try to squeeze out a STI..
Old 05-13-2004, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

ditto.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah if i had $28000, i'd try to get the EVO, the STI, the G35c or the RX8
Old 05-14-2004, 01:55 AM
S3X
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KAuss
Yeah buts I sures likes thems chicken heads!!
Gollum! Gollum! Scion my preiousssss! Mine! all mine my precioussss! wats taters with Chicken heads my preciousss? Wats Chicken heads precioussss? :twisted: LOL
Old 05-14-2004, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the only bmw that i would get is either the M3 or M5. unfortunately the Z3 does nothing for me and for that price there's a lot choices you can get NEW. also, bmw are not the cheapest to maintain and they always have issues with electricals.

Quick Reply: Delimma