Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Transport times for Scion's.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member

Default Transport times for Scion's.

My dealer just notified me that my car is in the country.

My question is how long will it take to get out of the port and accross country to Ohio?

How long must I wait. I have been waiting for a month now.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine took approximentely 8 days from the time it hit the port on July 3rd till July 11th when it arrived from the dealership...

it came from the Newark port i guess on the east coast and u are in ohio so it wouldnt be that much more time for you i would suppose....

so hopefully u will get it soon....i was counting days till i got mine i could not wait...
Old 07-20-2004, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

My dealer called me on Friday (07/16) and told me that it would be there in 7-10 days. Does this mean that it's in the country already and just needs to be delivered?

oooohh...I'm so excited!!! :D

- Desi
Old 07-20-2004, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Blue tC
My dealer called me on Friday (07/16) and told me that it would be there in 7-10 days. Does this mean that it's in the country already and just needs to be delivered?

- Desi
that does mean it is in the country. you should get it very soon. you'll love it...
Old 07-20-2004, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yes...

the vessel and its cargo needs to be cleared by U.S. customs before release. There are about few thousand vehicles on a vessel ... so it is very time consuming. Approx time of release ranges from 5 days up to 15 days. But avg about 10days to clear. Once that's done, the allocation begins...so if your vehicle is in the later allocation...the delivery process will take abit more.

It is my understanding tha most Scions are being cleared here at Long Beach Port in Los Angeles.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TwiztedTC
mine took approximentely 8 days from the time it hit the port on July 3rd till July 11th when it arrived from the dealership...

it came from the Newark port i guess on the east coast and u are in ohio so it wouldnt be that much more time for you i would suppose....

so hopefully u will get it soon....i was counting days till i got mine i could not wait...
My tC was at Newark port last month. Newark is about 30 mins drive from where my dealer is. I was waiting impatiently and offered that i'd pick up the car myself. They said no; so, i waited 2 more weeks to get my tC. I have it for about a week now...totally awesome! :D
Old 07-20-2004, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member

I ordered mine 3.5 weeks ago. It was supposed to be in the third week but the dealer guy said it was still in the port a week ago, and said it'll probably be another couple weeks now...go figure. :?
Old 07-20-2004, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ordered mine at the end of June; my dealer just called and said it's in today. yea baby!
Old 07-20-2004, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Hmmm...I guess "7 to 10 days" is the standard answer for Scion's in transit because that's exactly what my dealership told me yesterday when I called. And I was thinking, "Port of Long Beach to SF Bay Area = 8 hours. Transit time = 7-10 days. How does that add up?" Now I know!

Anyway, he did hint that it "might" drop in as little as 2 days, which didn't really fit into his 7-10 days story. I'm just setting my hopes on this weekend to avoid being disappointed for the millionth time.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's worth the wait...when you finally get it, you (female) should treat it like your baby ... or your first girlfriend (for male owner...)
Old 07-20-2004, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I have no pitty for you people having to wait 2 or 3 weeks. I waited for 4 months to get mine! Ordered it March 17th. Finally got it July 14th. It wont kill you to wait more than a week or two. (didn't mean to sound rude, but sheesh!)
Old 07-20-2004, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by tC4me
I have no pitty for you people having to wait 2 or 3 weeks. I waited for 4 months to get mine! Ordered it March 17th. Finally got it July 14th. It wont kill you to wait more than a week or two. (didn't mean to sound rude, but sheesh!)
Yeah, but come on, you knew when you ordered it that it wouldn't be available until July, so that's not really the same anticipation. The trouble is that some of us put deposits down in mid-June expecting to get cars in the first allocation, but for whatever reason (mine was that my dealer got a crappy color - azure), we didn't.

Anyway, you understand the slow burn from watching so many other people get their tC's within days (or even on the same day for the lucky ones) while you waited at least a few weeks for yours. So show some pity on the people who were in the same boat you were less than a week ago!
Old 07-20-2004, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

man i just went to the dealer they had one i said ill take it and left with it that day there like a total of like around 9 of them here in vegas at the dealership waiting to be bought they get 2 to 3 every 3 days and then sell them so getting them here is not a problem at all
Old 07-21-2004, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Reno
Originally Posted by Blue tC

- Desi
that does mean it is in the country. you should get it very soon. you'll love it...
YAY! *jumps for joy!* I'm not antsy about getting it right this minute like some people, because I still have my car to drive around (and I'm gonna miss it, by the way), but I know I'm gonna spaz out when I get that call telling me that it's here. The last call I got from Scion I thought was gonna be telling me that something's wrong and it's gonna take longer than expected, but it was to tell me that it's almost here! And they ordered it for me on 07/07/04! Woo hoo! Go me!

- Desi
Old 07-21-2004, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

waiting is worse when you don't have a car ... like me.

i'm getting ride to my work and stuck at home most of the time cuz i have no car. patiently waiting for my means of travel.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I completely agree. I guess that's why I don't really mind waiting until my new car arrives. I still have something to drive to work. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have a car to drive.
Wait...I did that and it sucked having to get a ride everyday. I really feel for you. Hopefully the wait won't be much longer.

- Desi
Old 07-21-2004, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I put my deposit on 7/9 and the car came into the port in Cali on 7/10

I've been waiting ever since for them to get a full load of cars so they can ship it up to Washington!