Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   every TC owner please read, my crash test (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/every-tc-owner-please-read-my-crash-test-13964/)

TOAST3R 12-12-2004 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bakaduin
Wow your big and bad trying to fault me for grammer on a message board. LoL. Actually I'm an honors student at University of Florida. You on the otherhand probably work in Mcdonalds and live in the ghettos of Oakland Park.

McDonalds has higher standards, cybergypsy would just stand there and say what they ordered was crap. heres how a transaction with a customer would go

customer: Id like a double quarter pounder with cheese and a large fries
cybergypsy: The fries taste bad and the double quarter pounder sucks

tC_Junkie 12-12-2004 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by ScummyMcOwnage

Originally Posted by tC Junkie
how strange...i was in the exact same accident in 2000. i had a new accord coupe. passenger side caved in and everything. i can understand the out of body experience. but my air bags deployed. yours should have as well. the accident might have been your fault. but the airbags sound like a malfunction. people are quick to get on your case because they like their tc's as i do mine. but ive heard way too many horror stories about this car. it hasnt even been 6 months since the release of the car. i do believe the car is flawed in many ways.....so i choose to drive with extreme caution. now dont get all angry about the post. i love my tc as much as everybody else.

if the passenger seat does not detect that there is a passenger, the passenger side air bags( both front passenger and side passenger) WILL NOT DEPLOY. It saves in repair costs if the car is not totalled.

yeah thanks for the pointless incorrect information. nobody was in the passenger seat yet both airbags deployed in my accident. i like how everyone seems to know everything yet really know nothing at all...

TOAST3R 12-12-2004 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by ScummyMcOwnage

how strange...i was in the exact same accident in 2000. i had a new accord coupe. passenger side caved in and everything. i can understand the out of body experience. but my air bags deployed. yours should have as well. the accident might have been your fault. but the airbags sound like a malfunction. people are quick to get on your case because they like their tc's as i do mine. but ive heard way too many horror stories about this car. it hasnt even been 6 months since the release of the car. i do believe the car is flawed in many ways.....so i choose to drive with extreme caution. now dont get all angry about the post. i love my tc as much as everybody else.

if the passenger seat does not detect that there is a passenger, the passenger side air bags( both front passenger and side passenger) WILL NOT DEPLOY. It saves in repair costs if the car is not totalled.

yeah thanks for the pointless incorrect information. nobody was in the passenger seat yet both airbags deployed in my accident. i like how everyone seems to know everything yet really know nothing at all...

you state you crashed a accord coupe, it may be different than a tC in if the airbag deploys if someone is sitting in passenger seat or not

xA_RS_ChickLA 12-12-2004 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by firesquare

Originally Posted by thursday
yo the only thing that is important after a crash is that everyone gets out alive...who cares if the car is totaled...think of it like the car gave its life so u can live on and tell the story of how u somehow walked away from it :cry:

ive been a fireman for over 5 years and this is true. it really sucks to see someone lose their life driving a car. Drunk or not (i hate drunk/drugged drivers)

as long as he is ok this is all that matters.

feel better bro!

look into a volvo ;)

the tC looks like it held up well for a crash. Cars can be replaced lives cant

Like Firesquare, I'm a volunteer firefighter also of about 5 years whose district runs about 150-200 car wrecks a year. This is a pretty bad wreck but any wreck you walk away from is a good one. All cars now are tin throwaways, they are safe and strong enough to save your life most of the time, but are generally totalled when done.

Buddy, I hate to say it but that's what insurance is for. Go out and buy another tC, apparently it saved your life. I'm not sure any other car would have done better on the passenger side, short of buying a volvo or a tank. I can without a doubt tell you that no other car costing less than $30,000 would have performed much better, and the government safety testing backs the tC.

Talk to the shop where your car is currently at. Often they can help tear apart or remove parts to help you find your stuff. Did you also ask the police and tow company if they secured any items for you? Sometimes we do that for you if we can. If it hadn't been so long, I'd say try calling the cell phone from outside the car and seeing if you could hear it, but I'm sure the battery is dead now. We do that all the time for people.

Sorry to hear of the wreck man, but at least you walked away. Keep that in mind...

Fast_Eddie 12-12-2004 05:26 AM

Champagna anyone?

scionlife 12-12-2004 06:04 AM

Bakaduin & Cybergypsy -- keep it on-topic, if you hijack this thread then you will both be locked out of the site. I am tired of seeing pointless arguing.

Flip -- I am glad to see that you are OK, if not a little worse for the wear. Its hard to say how you would have done in any other car, better or worse, but at least you are walking away from this one!

Darren

mrtc 12-12-2004 06:56 AM

Guys, don't let Cyber hijack this thread by making it about her. She gets her jollies out of causing flamewars. 'Nuff said.

This is about the fourth crash thread that has made me GLAD I chose a tC. Flip Magoo had a high-speed crash, and he not only survived, he was healthy enough to come post here.

As far as the airbags, I don't see any evidence that they SHOULD have deployed. The pics look like all your damage was side/quarter-panel area - from what I've learned, front airbags require pretty good direct frontal deceleration to deploy. (Side bags are irrelevant right now, as passenger-side bags wouldn't have helped you anyway, and probably would have been of minimal help to your passenger in such a high-speed crash.)

That said, I wasn't there - the tC's black box is probably all the investigators need to tell whether the bags should have deployed or not.

firesquare 12-12-2004 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by xA RS ChickLA

Originally Posted by firesquare

Originally Posted by thursday
yo the only thing that is important after a crash is that everyone gets out alive...who cares if the car is totaled...think of it like the car gave its life so u can live on and tell the story of how u somehow walked away from it :cry:

ive been a fireman for over 5 years and this is true. it really sucks to see someone lose their life driving a car. Drunk or not (i hate drunk/drugged drivers)

as long as he is ok this is all that matters.

feel better bro!

look into a volvo ;)

the tC looks like it held up well for a crash. Cars can be replaced lives cant

Like Firesquare, I'm a volunteer firefighter also of about 5 years whose district runs about 150-200 car wrecks a year. This is a pretty bad wreck but any wreck you walk away from is a good one. All cars now are tin throwaways, they are safe and strong enough to save your life most of the time, but are generally totalled when done.

Buddy, I hate to say it but that's what insurance is for. Go out and buy another tC, apparently it saved your life. I'm not sure any other car would have done better on the passenger side, short of buying a volvo or a tank. I can without a doubt tell you that no other car costing less than $30,000 would have performed much better, and the government safety testing backs the tC.

Talk to the shop where your car is currently at. Often they can help tear apart or remove parts to help you find your stuff. Did you also ask the police and tow company if they secured any items for you? Sometimes we do that for you if we can. If it hadn't been so long, I'd say try calling the cell phone from outside the car and seeing if you could hear it, but I'm sure the battery is dead now. We do that all the time for people.

Sorry to hear of the wreck man, but at least you walked away. Keep that in mind...

Xa-
so you know how saturns are to extricate :roll:

im gonna look up "how airbags work" ond post it on here. it was intristing on here when i red it a couple of years ago.

Bakaduin 12-12-2004 10:09 PM

Ive been told to stop sinking to your level so I will. Have a nice day.

Nox 12-13-2004 02:50 AM

OK....I have to comment on this...there are a few intelligent people on this thread...but they seem to be being ignored. this thread is an accident thread from a guy who should be thankful to his 05 scion tc, for saving his life. I have had my TC for 2 months almost, it is awesome. personally i drive some of the nicest and most expensive cars on the road. this car is the best for the money, at first my co-workers ragged on me b/c i cancelled my 05 clk500 order to get a scion....(im saving for a house...that car comes later) now they all want 1 :lol:

as i was made aware at the beginning of the year here at benz...all vehicles in the US as per this year are REQUIRED to have WEIGHT SENSORS in the seats to determine if a passanger is sitting there, if this person is under 50lbs in weight, the airbag will be turned off as it will potentially kill the occupant. if there is no one in the seat the airbags will also not deploy, this will reduce your insurance costs as they are not needed and are expensive for the insurance companies to replace.

we all know there is a sensor in the seat of the TC..it tells you to put ur seatbelt on :shock:

as a side note....way back in the thread ppl were busting on crumple zones.....CRUMPLE ZONES SAVE LIVES.....this is proven, while costs for minor and major repairs have gone up steadily, so has the overall accident survival rate :wink:

tCshamgar 12-13-2004 03:34 AM

good points nox.

On the subj. of cruple zones, hasn't enyone noticed how MOST manufactureres have changed the design of cars from tanks like the old "boat-cars" like the big cadillac 2 ton cars and the oldsmobile and buick beasts? Well, the reason is that when the car's structure absorbs an impact, the occupants in turn do not absorb that energy, ... energy that otherwise would be transferred to the occupants and could possibly kill them. I've had a friend who wrecked his 86 olds and he was very sore from the impact. On the other side, people who go through cars with crumple zones recover faster.

Yay for crumple zones! :)

firesquare 12-13-2004 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Nox
OK....I have to comment on this...there are a few intelligent people on this thread...but they seem to be being ignored. this thread is an accident thread from a guy who should be thankful to his 05 scion tc, for saving his life. I have had my TC for 2 months almost, it is awesome. personally i drive some of the nicest and most expensive cars on the road. this car is the best for the money, at first my co-workers ragged on me b/c i cancelled my 05 clk500 order to get a scion....(im saving for a house...that car comes later) now they all want 1 :lol:

as i was made aware at the beginning of the year here at benz...all vehicles in the US as per this year are REQUIRED to have WEIGHT SENSORS in the seats to determine if a passanger is sitting there, if this person is under 50lbs in weight, the airbag will be turned off as it will potentially kill the occupant. if there is no one in the seat the airbags will also not deploy, this will reduce your insurance costs as they are not needed and are expensive for the insurance companies to replace.

we all know there is a sensor in the seat of the TC..it tells you to put ur seatbelt on :shock:

as a side note....way back in the thread ppl were busting on crumple zones.....CRUMPLE ZONES SAVE LIVES.....this is proven, while costs for minor and major repairs have gone up steadily, so has the overall accident survival rate :wink:

thanks for the post

nox- where in bergen are you. i see montvales MB USA on your sig ;)

we got team members out your way if your intristed

thursday 12-13-2004 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy

Originally Posted by TOAST3R

Originally Posted by Bakaduin
Wow your big and bad trying to fault me for grammer on a message board. LoL. Actually I'm an honors student at University of Florida. You on the otherhand probably work in Mcdonalds and live in the ghettos of Oakland Park.

McDonalds has higher standards, cybergypsy would just stand there and say what they ordered was crap. heres how a transaction with a customer would go

customer: Id like a double quarter pounder with cheese and a large fries
cybergypsy: The fries taste bad and the double quarter pounder sucks

I guess you have lots of orders to take...LOL.....and I dont eat at mcDonalds...and never complain about anything at all...honor student, in your mom's eyes maybe..LOl

hey cyber...u r nothing but a _____ with a chip on ur shoulder...maybe u werent hugged as a child...maybe u were dropped too many times as a baby....im goin with ur just a stupid _____....ha ha ha.....sorry to anyone who finds this language offensive, i usually dont ever speak like this but im tired of sum loser hater running her mouth....later :twisted:

mrtc 12-13-2004 08:58 PM

Some guys here may have never dealt with a serial troll before. Let me give you a hint:

When you argue with Cyber...Cyber wins.

She wants you to go off topic and flame her, because she knows that messes up the forum for the rest of us. Don't do it. Just correct any on-topic FUD she created, and move on.

sheep 12-13-2004 09:27 PM

Personally I think this thread has hit its limit on useful information for us and now has turned into a flame war with Cyber. Unless there is anything else that needs to be said, I think it can be locked.

ScummyMcOwnage 12-14-2004 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by mrtc
Some guys here may have never dealt with a serial troll before. Let me give you a hint:

When you argue with Cyber...Cyber wins.

She wants you to go off topic and flame her, because she knows that messes up the forum for the rest of us. Don't do it. Just correct any on-topic FUD she created, and move on.

The best advice yet. I stopped paying attention to her posts. I actually see her avatar on name and skip over the posts.It makes life nice. Banning her from the tc forum would be even nicer.

Originally Posted by sheep
Personally I think this thread has hit its limit on useful information for us and now has turned into a flame war with Cyber. Unless there is anything else that needs to be said, I think it can be locked.

Threadlock please!

English 12-14-2004 12:27 AM

block her sn from the forum, people like her obviously have some kind of underlying psychological issues that can only be dealt with by a professional, not by people like us insulting her because she cannot see what is wrong with herself