2005-2010 [ANT10]

Fighting a ticket

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RCZDesigns
To sum it up, pay the ticket quietly and treat yourself to a nice smoothie or something. Smoothies make me feel better about losing my a$$ out of my wallet.
hahaha interestingg.

But yeah, judges take anything that has to do with school kids very seriously.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

speeding in a school zone. wow, that sucks! i imagine thats a pretty hefty fine

its all going to come down to, were you speeding or not.

im not the one thats going to come on here and say suck it up, grow some *****, and pay the fine.
it should be understood that everyone has questions

best way out would be to ask the judge about DD
Old 02-20-2009, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RCZDesigns
Honestly, why is it worth the trouble going through lawyers, the court system, etc for a ticket like that?

How much is the ticket?

I don't know about tx, but in AZ the cop can write that you were driving a yellow submarine, as long as he has your name and address (spelled improperly even) and enters your drivers ID correctly you're pinned.

Theres ways of getting around minor things like miss-spellings, or wrong car ID's, etc but it's only worth it if you're fighting a DUI case or something extreme.

You have a very minor violation, pay the ticket and let it clear it's self in a couple years, or however long it takes.

I got a ticket last year for going 73 in a 40, and I did lots of research and called around deciding if it was worth the effort fighting it. In the end, it wasn't. It was most beneficial to get the 3 points NOT put on my record, but it would've cost me a grand for a lawyer and my insurance wasn't going to bump my rates for it, so I just paid the $400 and went on with life.

To sum it up, pay the ticket quietly and treat yourself to a nice smoothie or something. Smoothies make me feel better about losing my a$$ out of my wallet.
Wow 73 in a 40. Can't you get arrested on the spot for going 30 over? x2 on the smoothie suggestion once you get it all smoothed out though.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

I can see the flint mica maybe being not TOO far from green in a certain light or darkness. I mean, some registrations say green, and I look at the car and I dont see it.

As an officer I would say, if you honestly weren't next to other cars, then just pay it. If there were other cars around, then talk to the prosecutor in the city. There's usually a way to get it knocked down without pleading not guilty. Sometimes, prosecutors will amend the charge to the actual speed you were going.

Like if I write a 45 in a 25 and you were going 50. He'll make it 50.

I write notes on tickets for when they go to court, like "no other cars around" depending on what radar/laser I am using.

and, try to pay more attention. Drive safe. lol
Old 02-20-2009, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

www.ticketassassin.com

Old 02-20-2009, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

There is no point to trying to fight this ticket.

The best option for you right now is to try and walk away with no points added to your license. Take the driving school, or plea for court supervised probation, don't get pulled over for another 4-6 months, and no points added.

It shouldn't be too hard to walk away with no points, but if you get some tacked on... Be ready for the skyrocketing insurance premium you will have to pay.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What isn't cool is he is only 16 and got the ticket at 12 over when he was going 32mph. I mean yeah I would say take the ticket at 73 in a 40 because there is no real excuse for that. But come on getting a speeding ticket at 32mph would make me mad. When I got caught doing 46 in a 25 I took that one because I had no reason to be going that fast in a 25. But 32 mph in a 20mph school zone, the local cops back home gave my bother a warning for something like that told him the times it was in effect and why the speed limit was lowered and all that.

Plus PA didn't offer a driving school or something like other states. So that is also why I gave the courts a shot. It is soo much easier to just pay it though.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I got a ticket for 15 over (cop dropped 15 mph luckily). I say just pay the ticket and pay for defensive driving course. Takes about 4 hours and not only does the ticket not go on your record, you do get 15% off your insurance.
Just don't speed anymore and be careful. No point in fighting it, youll save money in the long run by just paying it.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

if u plead guilty don't u get points on ur license for speeding? cause that's wat happened to me and I regret not fighting it, by u fighting it they will lower the count and possibly not give u points
Old 02-21-2009, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope if you do the driving course it doesn't count.
You can do it... once a year?
And the course is only like 60$.
Maybe thats just in texas?
Old 02-21-2009, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think there is point to fighting the ticket, you did wrong, you should deal with it, the fact of this situation is that if the cop can't read what is written on the insurance (Your car make and model) and look outside to see a FM tC, which looks either FM or BSP, then his judgment could be called into question on that the speed reader could have read 20, but he saw 30....
Old 02-21-2009, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The point is not the ticket it self. It is the fact that cops get funding from insurance companies for new radar and laser equipment every year. Because one dumb speeding tick can cost you thousands to your insurance company if they catch you and this is why they make donations to the cops.
The other thing is do to him being so young they could revoke his insurance for 12mph over. So while some say pay the couple hundred dollar fine I would agree if the insurance companies weren't in play.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

why did u need to remind ur FM tc was a 2 door?