Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

First modification suggestions 2006TC

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 02:54 PM

Default First modification suggestions 2006TC

I am new at this but I would like to hear your suggestions for first mods for my purchase 2006TC.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by overhaulin
I am new at this but I would like to hear your suggestions for first mods for my purchase 2006TC.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
How many miles does it have?
First I would make sure all the maintenance has been done.
NGK iridium spark plugs can do wonders
Lowering springs or coil overs
Intake
Exhaust
Header
Tires
The list goes on
Old 03-15-2016, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bolt on performance mods really aren't that effective. I would go suspension. That's the best bang for your buck.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by bbsciontc
Bolt on performance mods really aren't that effective. I would go suspension. That's the best bang for your buck.
I 2nd this. A good suspension is a huge upgrade. I would also look into getting a new radio that does handsfree. Since I live in Maryland and you cannot talk on the phone while driving, the handsfree is awesome.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbsciontc
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?! Get some updates already, would yah?!

Anyways, what sort of driving do you do? My vote for the best first modification would be TIRES! If you are doing any aggressive driving a good set of summer tires will do wonders.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ha, still here. Been too busy to post. Getting married next week!
Old 03-28-2016, 10:55 AM

Everyone says suspension is the way to go (and apparently spark plugs??) -- But what is all included in a "suspension" kit? I found some used HKS Coilovers. is that all that is needed for suspension upgrades?
Old 03-28-2016, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by daafin3
Everyone says suspension is the way to go (and apparently spark plugs??) -- But what is all included in a "suspension" kit? I found some used HKS Coilovers. is that all that is needed for suspension upgrades?
I would also get a sway bar
Old 03-29-2016, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Maxearing
I would also get a sway bar
What about Shocks? struts? Are those required for CoilOvers? Will stock struts/shocks work fine? What are the benefits to after market shocks/struts (if that's even a thing lol)
Old 03-29-2016, 12:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Coilovers are ok, but overkill unless you just want to slam the car to the ground. I have a set, but if I did it over again, I'd go with a decent set of shocks like Tokico, and get a set of Eibach springs. That, together with the TRD rear sway bar will give you a very nice suspension setup that doesn't ride too harsh either.

I'd also change out the front and rear end links while you are there anyway, but not a necessity.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member

Since the car is not brand new, I would replace the oil and other fluids first. Then I will upgrade the suspension to improve ride quality.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by m1keteam
Since the car is not brand new, I would replace the oil and other fluids first. Then I will upgrade the suspension to improve ride quality.

Maintenance > upgrades.

Go over the car and make sure everything is in good working order. A blown link will negate any performance modifications. A set of summer tires, rear sway, and springs in combination with some Stop Tech pads, stainless lines, and a brake fluid flush will tighten the car up without sacrificing too much ride quality. Coilovers will be too stiff for a comfortable daily. If you drop the car on aggressive springs you will have problems driving around extreme grade changes in the road like scraping going in and out of steep driveways. Just my opinion though, it really depends on what you want out of the car. Do you care about scraping and bottoming out? Do you want a race car or just a better daily?
Old 04-10-2016, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by burgandybomber
Maintenance > upgrades.

Go over the car and make sure everything is in good working order. A blown link will negate any performance modifications. A set of summer tires, rear sway, and springs in combination with some Stop Tech pads, stainless lines, and a brake fluid flush will tighten the car up without sacrificing too much ride quality. Coilovers will be too stiff for a comfortable daily. If you drop the car on aggressive springs you will have problems driving around extreme grade changes in the road like scraping going in and out of steep driveways. Just my opinion though, it really depends on what you want out of the car. Do you care about scraping and bottoming out? Do you want a race car or just a better daily?
I want a good inbetween car,
0-60 in the mid 4s would be nice with quarter mile down to low 13s would be my goal (assuming that is obtainable without a turbo? If I have to spend the money on a turbo to get there... Then I will go all out of the race car lol)