First Official Photoshoot *Sorry 56ers*

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default First Official Photoshoot *Sorry 56ers*

Here's my first official photoshoot of my car, after nearly a year of driving it- nautical blue metallic, '06, TRD exhaust, Injen intake, Hotchkis springs, Progress rear sway, OBX **** and pedals, S2000 antenna. Had time to burn at work yesterday so I got it super clean, had more time to waste today so I took it out for shots at the local library! Enjoy:

Feel free to leave comments. A DC strut bar is on the way, and future plans include (hopefully) the OEM lip spoiler, perhaps a grill, maybe the new-style tail light smoke, and, if I can resist spending money for long enough, Enkei Evo 5 wheels in 18 inch trim.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

awesome photos. She looks all nice and clean. Gotta love clean tCs. They shine up so nice
Old 06-19-2006, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

alright, so you're making me jealous here. your car looks so level on those hotchkis springs, my s-tech's have the rear end up in the air.

also, my car hasn't been washed in like a week, which is REALLY weird for me. Normally it doesnt go more than 3 days w/o a wash.

purdy car, can't wait to see the updated pictures in a few months.

oh, and these pictures should be in the NBM cult thread
Old 06-19-2006, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm amazed how much better the tC looks just by being lowered. It even makes the stock wheels look better. How much of a drop are you running?
Old 06-19-2006, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by wolfe
I'm amazed how much better the tC looks just by being lowered. It even makes the stock wheels look better. How much of a drop are you running?
It's Hotchkis, which I think is... 1.7 front and 1.97 rear? I don't recall the exact specs. I wasn't expecting it to be so low, especially in the front, but now that I'm used to it I love the look. And yes, it looks a billion times better than stock.

Originally Posted by neothin
alright, so you're making me jealous here. your car looks so level on those hotchkis springs, my s-tech's have the rear end up in the air.

also, my car hasn't been washed in like a week, which is REALLY weird for me. Normally it doesnt go more than 3 days w/o a wash.

purdy car, can't wait to see the updated pictures in a few months.

oh, and these pictures should be in the NBM cult thread
I appreciate that man, since I'm a huge fan of your car. I got a job at a private car dealer that specializes in Mercedes, so pretty much all I do all day is drive around Mercedes and wash them. Not bad for a 17 year-old! (I've got my eye on our E55 as soon as the technical problems get sorted out) Anyway, when things are slow I get to wash my car and use their fancy tire shine and glass cleaner and take time on my car since I don't have anything else to do.

I think I'll go put some of these in the NBM cult thread, and a few more in the lowering spring thread.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SEXY AND CLEAN! i love it. im not a fan of blue but you changed my mind. i wish they had this car in the vivid blue like they ahve for the rsx type s.. that would be hotttt.. but overall nice look. looks great!
Old 06-19-2006, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by roflitzjinno
SEXY AND CLEAN! i love it. im not a fan of blue but you changed my mind. i wish they had this car in the vivid blue like they ahve for the rsx type s.. that would be hotttt.. but overall nice look. looks great!
Thanks. This color rules... but only when it's clean. I guess the RS2 is the closest you'll come to the blue you're looking for, or Indigo Ink is closer than my car.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice clean ryde! Now keep it that way! j/k. That shine is awesome! I must agree with you on Springs-tC does look better with them! I have the TRD Springs, so my drop isn't as drastic as yours, but I love the look! Keep us posted when you get new mods done!
Old 06-19-2006, 12:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how much of a drop is that?

im debating between those springs and the TRD one......
Old 06-19-2006, 12:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whoa, your engine bay is clean. nice..
Old 06-19-2006, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lovin' the pics man. You have one beautiful tC. Especially love the wheel close-up. Keep it clean, keep it mean.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Nice tC man. . .

Are your front tires tucked??

I was looking at those springs, but I might think twice if the front tires end up being tucked.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Thanks everyone for the comments! The drop is Hotchkis spec, which is (I think) 1.7 front and 1.97 rear. Here are a couple shots of the drop side-on:

I'm not sure what qualifies in your book as "tucking," but in the rear it's for sure not and the front is like... well... a tie. The top of the fender is pretty much at the exact same level as the top of the tire. So yes, that means the tire's sitting back in the well, but bear in mind that the tC's wheels aren't pushed out to the sides stock. If they were, I'd either be rubbing or have like 1 mm of clearance. If that's confusing, let me know and I'll take a shot or two.

Strut bar didn't arrive today (tear) but I'm sure it'll be in by Wednesday. Pictures will be posted up upon installation!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I understand what you are saying. My definition of "tucking" is when the fender is sitting lower than the top of the tire.

So can you fit any finger in between your front fender and tire??

I have the 18" on mine, do you think I would have any problems with rubbing or anything?
Old 06-20-2006, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i still cant decide between TRD and these springs.

hows the ride? harsh?

i was leaning toward the trd because I figured the ride was a little less harsh AND that means less things in the car to rattle or fall apart when going over bumps and rougher roads.

decisions decisions
Old 06-20-2006, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Oh yea, and your springs are fully settled right??

Did you notice if the your car is lower now than when you first had them installed?
Old 06-20-2006, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

The ride is definitely more rough than stock, but that's expected with this kind of drop. I don't mind it, it makes driving more of a fun when you have to slalom around potholes! My springs have been on since... let me think... the week before school ended, so about one month now, so they're fully settled. I honestly believe that they did the most settling within a day of installation, I haven't noticed any gradual sinking feeling haha.

I went out just now and took some more shots just for you guys... feel special! I had to crank the brightness to give you a better idea on a few.

Front:

That third one is to make sure you see that it's not a straight-in finger parallel to the ground, it's slanted up. Like I said before, it's like they're at the exact same level.

Rear:

About 1.5 finger gap there, parallel to ground.

I sure hope 18s don't rub, because those are in the cards for me not too far from now. If my springs cause problems, I'll have to sell them and switch over to H-techs.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

very nice man...but im loving my s-tech drop a little better...ill get some better pics than i do have...but other than that i got a couple let me get them out :-D

Old 06-21-2006, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i have better pics once i get them on the computer with the 18's and let just say you cant fit a finger in there ahaha she is so tight
Old 06-21-2006, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics look hott man great job.

Quick Reply: First Official Photoshoot *Sorry 56ers*