Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

floormats!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member

Default floormats!

So I didn't order the floormats because I heard they aren't good quality and way overpriced. But I was just glancing over some tC pics and looked at one of the inside trunk and cargo mat. If I didn't order the floormats, is there gonna be like an exposed wheel and that other little compartment when I get it? Because it might be kinda hard to find one that fits...if anyone got their tCs already and didn't order the floormats, or if u just know, let me know what the deal is, or what u did and bought. Thanks
Old 07-15-2004, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

As for the rear. There is a cover to the spare tire, its a part of the cargo area. Its actually done pretty well IMO. There is some extra room down there for some little stuff too - all covered.

But to answer your question. If you do not get floor/cargo mats, no your spare tire will not be exposed.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know that for the XB (and yes I know you're talkin TC here) you could purchase the cargo mat and floor mats separately after market.

There's a DIY describing Home Depot material purchased and cut for floor mats that looked good. Cheap floor mats for the XB were going for around $25 from ebay with shipping included. I expect that you will see the same or will be able to find the DIY thread for the floor mats.

Good choice on saving the cash though. Scions are better off bare bones where warranty issues aren't concerned.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The floormats are excellent quality and look good. They fit perfectly and the cargo mat is really nice since it is so big.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

i think they're an awesome deal for what you're getting....

The passenger floormats are dual purpose....the "carpet" part can snap off....exposing a rubber surface; good for rain...snow...mud or whatever...

after that you can snap them back in for a dry day..and keep them super clean....easy cleaning too even if they do get dirty...
Old 07-16-2004, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by greensscion01

The passenger floormats are dual purpose....the "carpet" part can snap off....exposing a rubber surface; good for rain...snow...mud or whatever...

after that you can snap them back in for a dry day..and keep them super clean....easy cleaning too even if they do get dirty...
Yup, that's why I'm going to get them. I actually got to point that feature out to my salesman, who then called another salesman over to check it out.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Someone needs to make some diamond plate ones
Old 07-16-2004, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Kaeon
Someone already does make diamond plate ones.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Kaeon

hahahaha...it might end up looking like that scion ccx concept...and not a tC...j/k
Old 07-16-2004, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member

That carpet/rubber snapping deal sounds cool, especially where I live - lots of snow and muddy snow in the winter. I remember reading in a few reviews that they were kinda cheap quality though. I don't know though...I may rethink gettin 'em.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does it come with any floor mats at all? Or is it just barebone for the front if you don't buy em?
Old 07-20-2004, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCMaster
Does it come with any floor mats at all? Or is it just barebone for the front if you don't buy em?
No, no mats, just carpet. The mats and cargo mat are nice. I like the all-weather convertability of the mats, and the cargo mat looks really nice with the embroidered Scion logo. Without the cargo mat you do have the plastic retaining nuts and stuff exposed inside the hatch.

Also, the dealer price is only about $20 than the online price, so if you're dealer is treating you well, get the mats. Consider it a tip for your salesman (especially if you're cheap like me and got no other options ).
Old 07-21-2004, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a BCP auto and went to AutoZone for the floormats (silver Dragon w/ Black background), and AM glad that I did, since seeing the silver floormats. It was a let down, but I LOVE my car nonetheless!!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think my dealership for got to charge me on it and i got the floor mats for free.. i picked up my tc today.. when i was about to drive to the dealership, i called them if it was bone stock.. salesperson said everything is stock except that the floor mats comes from the factory.. so i didn't care was gonna pay for it knowing that online price wasn't gonna be so cheap anyways after shipping. but when i get my invoice.. the floor mats $145.00 wasn't on there.. i forgot about it until the lady walked me through the process of whats in... then she said the floor mats, cargo mats installed... I was like... ****! i'm not gonna say anything......
Old 07-21-2004, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member

The driver's side mats also have these neat clips that hold the mat in place. These babies won't start riding up like those aftermarket mats (and cheap underwear!)

The removable carpet is also great. I'm already thinking of what I can replace it with... nylon mesh... two tone carpet to match my seats... black fur... flat bamboo strips... :D
Old 07-21-2004, 08:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

WHAT????!!!!! Is this only for the tC or for the other Scion's as well?
Old 07-21-2004, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt

WHAT????!!!!! Is this only for the tC or for the other Scion's as well?
sorry... seems like that's for tC only....
Old 07-21-2004, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

these floormats are really cool. with these you don't have to go get two different sets.