Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Gas

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

who ever has the cheapest gas. Usually the ARCO stations near me.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its between 2.15 and 2.25 for low grade depending on where you get it where I live in Sherwood AR
Old 04-12-2005, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Costco
Old 04-12-2005, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you all realize that this is in part because of the pointless wars that mr. bush wants to fight right?? frickin bastard. too bad they dont make a TC hybrid. maybe 2007? =/
Old 04-12-2005, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

CHEVRON.......7_ELEVEN.....DIAMOND SHAMROCK, but mostly CHEVRON with techron, supposed to be the best for the cars, as they say
Old 04-12-2005, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

just a side note, for those of you that use Sam's or Costco, even Walmart gas, they say that it is the worse gas for your car, many dealerships do recommend that you do not use it, they say that it is a lower grade, and causes problems in the long run, cheaper but not better, FYI
Old 04-12-2005, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mabus
you all realize that this is in part because of the pointless wars that mr. bush wants to fight right?? frickin bastard. too bad they dont make a TC hybrid. maybe 2007? =/
um, not exactly. do some research before you start blaming the president for all your problems. i'm sure next you'll blame him for your hatch rattle:

http://money.howstuffworks.com/gas-price.htm
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...car/P98745.asp
Old 04-12-2005, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Huh? Define the word "is"
Old 04-12-2005, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc2005
just a side note, for those of you that use Sam's or Costco, even Walmart gas, they say that it is the worse gas for your car, many dealerships do recommend that you do not use it, they say that it is a lower grade, and causes problems in the long run, cheaper but not better, FYI
The only difference in the gas from costco and that at Shell or Chevron, are the additives they add in. Besides that their gasoline is the same as anyone else's
Old 04-12-2005, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Chevron...because I like its color!
Shell...thats what I used back in hong kong!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys, i use chevron 91 octane. 91 octane may cost more, it it gives me a better burn and better gas mileage. i use chervron because i found out that they acutally own their own oil refinerey, unlike other places where they have to buy them from somewhere else.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member

Gas has been going up for year after year after year.... and has nothing to do with the current president.... In all actuality it is cheaper than it was 25 - 30 years ago if you account for inflation. Blaming gas prices on Bush is about as ridiculous as blaming the recession (which had already started during the end of mister clintons reign) on him as well.

not impressed with hybrids either.... someone in another post shined the light on that for me... compare the price of the hybrid to the gas they actually save you (sorry, cant remember the post name... but I believe they were talking about hondas?). It would take roughly 20 years of normal driving to pay off the price difference between the hybrid and normal model!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krazykoo
Hey guys, i use chevron 91 octane. 91 octane may cost more, it it gives me a better burn and better gas mileage. i use chervron because i found out that they acutally own their own oil refinerey, unlike other places where they have to buy them from somewhere else.
You are mistaken, higher octane gas does not burn better or increase your mileage
Old 04-12-2005, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like shell petrol, kicks ___.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Wait I thought that war was so we could have cheaper gas? Or is the new conspiracy theory that gas prices are so high because Bush wants to make us think it wasn't about oil! lol
Old 04-12-2005, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jusdrivin, I don't think that you can get Mr. Bush completely off the hook. 1- We all know the current oil market is fluctuated with speculation of unwarranted oil shortage, which drives the price tag high, and yet, it’s almost self-evident that there isn’t a real shortage of any kind. Thus the US government should intervene in someway to defuse the ridiculous and illogical market behaviors. After all, to regulate market is a governmental function even in a free market. The inaction of the Bush government makes people to wonder what their true intention is; 2- Bush came from a well connected Texas oil background. It’s also self-evident that most the big Texas oil companies were benefited from the recent oil price boom. In fact, companies like Exxon-Mobile and Texco have made record earnings in the last 5-6 years because the ridiculous high gas price. So, to me, that explains why the gas price will keep raising and no one is going to do anything about it. Not trying to be political here, but you eagerness of defending our beloved president just really gotten on my nerves.

Your analogy on Hybrid cars is also somewhat problematic. The relatively high price of Prius and other hybrid vehicles is caused by high demand. The actual pricing on those cars will go down dramatically very quickly when everyone is rushing in and producing them. By then, the advantage of Hybrid in terms of savings on gas will become obvious. For instance, if we buy a Hybrid Prius as the same price range of a Corolla, we will see some significant savings in gas.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bigmouth2008
Your analogy on Hybrid cars is also somewhat problematic. The relatively high price of Prius and other hybrid vehicles is caused by high demand. The actual pricing on those cars will go down dramatically very quickly when everyone is rushing in and producing them. By then, the advantage of Hybrid in terms of savings on gas will become obvious. For instance, if we buy a Hybrid Prius as the same price range of a Corolla, we will see some significant savings in gas.
He was comparing cars using todays prices. I hve to agree with him though, at this time, the cost of a fuel efficient vehicle is 30 grand. I can get a toyota camry for 15 grand if I want a fuel sipper, and will save more money this way in the long run. Besides, who wants a car with a 1.5L engine putting out 76 hp and 82 ft lbs? We still dont know the lifespan of these cars either. With their high tech electric motor system, it just has more extremely expensive state of the art parts to break. I'd stick to a camry for now.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member

Quicktrip and if our government would stop sucking Saudi Arabia's toes and getting to technology that would end our dependence on foreign oil (not to mention get rid of our landfill problem), maybe we would have $1.00/gallon gas again.
Check this out: http://www.changingworldtech.com/
Old 04-12-2005, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Gas

Originally Posted by missliss
kindof a dumb question but not really........... what gas station do all you tc drives prefer? dont know if this was already asked cause i didnt feel like goin through all the pages
In all of its markets, BP offers consumers three grades of quality Amoco gasolines - regular, midgrade (silver) and premium (ultimate) - that are all designed to meet the needs of the variety of gasoline-powered vehicles in the U.S.
Amoco Ultimate provides more cleaning power through a detergent additive than what is required to meet national or regional specifications. With twice the detergent additive level required by law, Ultimate provides higher levels of cleaning for critical engine parts including the intake valves.
New Amoco Ultimate with enhanced cleaning power now available in various places in the U.S. deliver performance benefits faster!

Choose Amoco Ultimate for all your driving needs!
Old 04-12-2005, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bigmouth2008
Jusdrivin, I don't think that you can get Mr. Bush completely off the hook. 1- We all know the current oil market is fluctuated with speculation of unwarranted oil shortage, which drives the price tag high, and yet, it’s almost self-evident that there isn’t a real shortage of any kind. Thus the US government should intervene in someway to defuse the ridiculous and illogical market behaviors. After all, to regulate market is a governmental function even in a free market. The inaction of the Bush government makes people to wonder what their true intention is; 2- Bush came from a well connected Texas oil background. It’s also self-evident that most the big Texas oil companies were benefited from the recent oil price boom. In fact, companies like Exxon-Mobile and Texco have made record earnings in the last 5-6 years because the ridiculous high gas price. So, to me, that explains why the gas price will keep raising and no one is going to do anything about it. Not trying to be political here, but you eagerness of defending our beloved president just really gotten on my nerves.
woah! way off topic. again, gas prices have nothing to do with the prez. gas prices relate directly to economy and trade, not conspiracy theories. again, some links as to why gas prices are the way they are:
http://money.howstuffworks.com/gas-price.htm
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...car/P98745.asp

Quick Reply: Gas