Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Get this, Scion dealer sold me the wrong car!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member

Default Get this, Scion dealer sold me the wrong car!

Stay with me here.
I put a deposit on a flint mica that includes some accessories. I wait for about 2 weeks and heard nothing. So I called, they had no idea where my car was and how long it would take to get it. So, I put another deposit through another dealer to see if i could get one faster.
The first dealer calls me up and says, "We have one here with 18" rims and other accessories. You want it?" Now, this car was about $2k more because of the rims and air bags. I went to check it out anyway. I asked them to look into the payments for me, call me about it.
The next day, the finance guy calls me and gives me a price that seemed small. I asked him 4 times if he had the right car, he even read the accessories off to me and said "What, do yo want to pay more? this is the price". So, I went there and bought it. The next day, the manager calls me and says that I paid for the car I ordered originally, not the one i'm driving. Here's the kicker. He says I can keep the car, but I have to switch out the rims or pay for them in a new contract!!
How is that legal??
Old 09-02-2005, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Don't go back.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its not legal! Someone srewed up! DO NOT let them pressuring you into switching out the rims and tires. DO NOT sign anything else. If the idiot keeps pressuring you than go to the top of the food chain. The salesman is going to eat this one and don't feel bad for this Dumb azz.

John
Old 09-02-2005, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by xBassist
Don't go back.

Not your fault they f'd up.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i dont know if its legal or not but as far as we can tell the rims are yours and that was the dealers mistake. if anything tell him they got stolen
Old 09-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

WHOOT!! free rims!
Old 09-02-2005, 01:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Dealerships do this all the time they are soo stupid. A few years ago I bought a Toyota Corolla and the dealership told me I was approved and to take it home. A few days later they call and say I have to return the car the bank didnt approve the loan. Dont take it back its their mistake and they have to deal with it. I would tell them each time they call that they are out of luck.. Its in the contract (if it is) that the rims came with the car and they arent getting them back, if they want to keep pressuring you to return them they will find themselves talking to your lawyer. Thery will eventually stop harrassing you. It worked for me..
Old 09-02-2005, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hell yes! Good for you man!!! lol
Old 09-02-2005, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member

The problems i'm hearing are that they dont' list my accessories on my bill of sale and they have 72 hours to void any contract.

Where's my gun???

I should tell them they were stolen, good call man!
Old 09-02-2005, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Madhooks
The problems i'm hearing are that they dont' list my accessories on my bill of sale and they have 72 hours to void any contract.

Where's my gun???

I should tell them they were stolen, good call man!
Yep, they do. When you buy a new car (especially if you finance) among that mountain of papers they shove in front of you to sign, is one that basically says if something gets messed up, they can cancel the deal within the first few days.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Its simple. When they call back, simply explain what happened and then ask them who your lawyer can contact there to deal with the harassment you are recieving from them. 99% chance they will bow down and shut up. either that or tell them that they are breaching the contract and that you will bring them the ENTIRE car back and buy one elsewhere.. also a good chance they will shut up. Dumb mistake on thier part, dont let them pressure you.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member

I just spoke to the owner of the dealership, he better call me back with some good news. Another thing, this is the 2nd TC that I've bought from this dealer in less then a year and this is how I get treated? ____ THAT.
I'll give the car back (which is now used) and they can eat the ____ing car.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Call Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member

Maybe Christopher Walken can help me!

http://walken2008.com/
Old 09-02-2005, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know I'm in the minority here on this one, but why is everyone acting like you are entitled to keep those rims? You didn't pay for them. Yes, they made a mistake. How is that any different than a cashier giving you back too much change at Wal-Mart? It's not yours to keep. Yes, I agree that it would be nice if they willingly let you keep them, but if they say no, then you should give them back. It's pretty-much black and white here.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member

Because i've been without a car for 2 months, they called me told me that I can have this car, I asked them 5 times to make sure it was the right car, cause I have a few others on deposit waiting to come in any day, the assured me it was the right car, right price. Now, I'll have to wait another 2 months for a new car? The only reason I bought it was because of the rims. It didn't have anything else that I wanted or that I ordered originally.

I agree that is was a mistake, but I live an hour and half away from this place, its not my fault they're stupid
Old 09-02-2005, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Madhooks
Because i've been without a car for 2 months, they called me told me that I can have this car, I asked them 5 times to make sure it was the right car, cause I have a few others on deposit waiting to come in any day, the assured me it was the right car, right price. Now, I'll have to wait another 2 months for a new car? The only reason I bought it was because of the rims. It didn't have anything else that I wanted or that I ordered originally.

I agree that is was a mistake, but I live an hour and half away from this place, its not my fault they're stupid
Hey believe me, I would be ____ed too. I hate incompetence. I think they should let you keep them. My point is that everyone is acting like just because they made a mistake, you are entitled to keep them. There is a difference.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would keep em.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member

Matty I respect your opinion and you're probably right, but ......
Old 09-02-2005, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Someone else mentioned it to... if they don't want to admit their mistake and correct it or properly address it. Take the whole car back and buy one elsewhere. Whether you have the right to the wheels or not doesn't matter... but out of compensation for their screw-up, you should get SOMETHING - wheels or otherwise.

Quick Reply: Get this, Scion dealer sold me the wrong car!