getting inpatience....cobalt??

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 12:36 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Default getting inpatience....cobalt??

Alright I've waiting for my tC since 30th Oct, with no end in sight. I'm seriously think of going with the Cobalt when they come out, yeah I realize I'll probably get alot of flack for it, but can you blame me?
Old 01-13-2005, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I say get it. Looks pretty nice and comes with some great power. Just know re-sale value will suck.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:43 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

It'll be a mintue before I sell it so I'm not worried about that. I know the demand for saleing it is no where near the tC's. Plus I like the tC better, so I really don't know what I going to do. But Scion is trying to make it easy for me I guess.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member

What would you do if you were in the middle of negotiating the price on a Cobalt, and your Scion dealer called to say your car is ready? :D
Old 01-13-2005, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea Scion Corp made a big mistake making people wait. I like the car but if u have the cash for the Cobalt I say get it. It will be a little more rare than the tC, since its cheap and everyone and there mother is getting one. The Cobalt is sort of like the SRT-4 so not as many people will have it.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:51 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I'd get the Scion, easy choice. I'll be paying with a pre-approved check so I won't have to suck up too big of a lost.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:54 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Not to mention gm has a 1500 rebate for gm owners. and my dad has a gm, sooo I can get it cheaper. Only I like the tC better.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cobalts are already out. lol. My dad works at the GM - Lordstown plant where they build them and they are sending thousands out every night.

If you really want to wait. get the SS
Old 01-13-2005, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If you like it better, waiting another month or so is a helluva lot better than paying off the Cobalt for a miserable 5 years of payments because you regret not getting the tC.
(there.. old wise man moment has ended.)
Old 01-13-2005, 01:22 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

^^Only thing is they can't tell me how long it will be. And I like the tC 2X as much, but there's points right now where I could use a car.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:38 AM
Banned
SL Member

if you love the tc...wait and read moreabout it, if not buy the other but you need to be the one to decide .
Old 01-13-2005, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think if its the SS your talking about go for it! But otherwise why settle. This is a multi-thousand dollar investment don't ever settle on something like that.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Try calling other scion dealerships in your area, maybe put a deposit down on another car if you can afford it. I had 2 deposits down at once for a short period of time. In one dealership a kid was picking up a flint mica 5 sp he had waited 7 weeks for, however I saw in the paper the weekend before that another dealership had one on the train to them. I called the dealership that advertised the flint mica and put a deposit down on it and will have it next week (ten day wait approximate).

I called almost every dealership in my area and I got each and every one to look up what they had coming and what they had on the lot.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: getting inpatience....cobalt??

Originally Posted by lil_LEX_24O
Alright I've waiting for my tC since 30th Oct, with no end in sight. I'm seriously think of going with the Cobalt when they come out, yeah I realize I'll probably get alot of flack for it, but can you blame me?
If you are really patient wait 2 months when the rebates kick in for the colbalt SS and you can get it for 19g's. Then it will be a great buy for the buck.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no tCs are available in any color?? :?: call around, if you're not picky *somebody* has to have something in stock...

as for the cobalt, I haven't seen it in person but I doubt that anything under the SS is really going to be that great... drum brakes in the rear and a solid rear axle? lower hp and torque... etc. yes the SS is going to be better performance-wise, but that's not out yet, and who knows when it'll be out. heard spring?
Old 01-13-2005, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

dude...ur getting a freakin cavalier any way u slice it and deep down u know it....hmmmm street cred....tc or cobalt(aka cavalier 2005)...the choice is simple...and if anyone thinks about a cobalt over a tc...just remember that the cobalt is just a more expensive cavalier that they want to push to the younger, more easily persuaded crowd....and i just love those corvette and cobalt commercials....nothing like saying that a cavalier is a brother to a corvette....wow i bet all the corvettes just lost a little bit of value with that disfunctional family tree...that accorn(the cobalt) fell way to far from that tree
Old 01-13-2005, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
if you love the tc...wait and read moreabout it, if not buy the other but you need to be the one to decide .
Go...goo... can hardly say it.

Good advice. Don't ask a bunch of forum lurkers what you should do with your 17k. If you've ever owned a cavalier or even driven in one, you'd have no faith in the cobalt. Never having driven a cobalt, it looks like utter crap and the intended audience will be the youth group who doesn't give two ____s about their car, or to teenagers who put a body kit on it that doesn't fit well and has dents all over the panels of the car.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thank u rivulent...my point exactly
Old 01-13-2005, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Corps
Scikotics
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

dont forget the cobalt cost more than the tc, check on insurance difference, I think the cobalts will be everywhere. maybe not as much as civics but as much as a cavalier. here is a link to vehix to compare them for you, the tc, the cobalt ss, and the cobalt http://www.vehix.com/Compare/results...D=49232&Type=5
Old 01-13-2005, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The cobalt is just a cavalier? By that deduction the SRT-4 is JUST a Neon. But its so much more. And alot of people would rather have an SRT then a tC and vice-versa. Thats why there are so many different cars out there. If you like the Cobalt go for it, its a nice looking new car and probably is fun to drive. With that said, it will doubtfully be more luxurious than the tC and it is running at a relatively high psi I believve so it doesn't have that much tuning potential. If your looking for an everday driver that you don't want to "sup" up then either one would be good.