Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

getting screwed on my warranty!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 03:53 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default getting screwed on my warranty!!!!

well noticed my tc was shifting into gear a little tougher than before. and i final;ly took it in to a scion dealer and told them i thought it was my synchros. they confirmed this. but for some reason they couldnt fix it. they had me wait 10 days till some regional service guy came in to take a look at it. and he said they werent going to touch it cause they claim i was racing. 1st of all, i dont race, or shift hard. has anyone else had this problem yet? by the way, i have 10k on my car. i got it jan 27 of 04. i took it in 2 weeks ago. what should i do?
Old 04-04-2005, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go to a different different dealer and call Scion customer care.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:20 AM
5 Year Member

I did not know that the tC came out as early as Jan. 04. I would really go to another dealer.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah go to another dealer.. what a joke..
Old 04-04-2005, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

turbonetics t3/t4 custom turbo 60 mm wastegate. full race turbo manifold, 3in turbo back exhaust piping, apexi N1 turbo exhaust muffler, hks FMIC, AEM engine management system. block hot tanked and sleeved, JG forged rods and crank. 9:1:0 CR
If you're not racing WTF is all that stuff for?

And if you don't need it could I buy it off you cheap?

Old 04-04-2005, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Yeah dont try to cheat the dealer b/c u messed something up on your car w/ mods and expect the dealer to cover for it. Did u take off your mods before you went to the dealer? if not i really wouldn't count on any dealer accepting your car under warrantee.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboMe
Yeah dont try to cheat the dealer b/c u messed something up on your car w/ mods and expect the dealer to cover for it. Did u take off your mods before you went to the dealer? if not i really wouldn't count on any dealer accepting your car under warrantee.
my dealer doesn't even care if i race in it. i have an aem intake and my ecu reflashed and my car is still under warranty. the dealer makes money off warranty jobs so they don't care. they even offered to install any aftermarket performance products for my car.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboMe
LOL, and i thought that out of the blue, they thought you were racing. Im sure that the mechanics at the dealer arnt stupid, and can tell that you did stuff to the engine.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

take it to another dealer, or threat to get a lawyer involved. They have no proof to accuse you of racing to void your warrenty.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Shri2222
take it to another dealer, or threat to get a lawyer involved. They have no proof to accuse you of racing to void your warrenty.
check out the guys power mods section, I think some of those mods would have left some sort of visible wear that a mechanic would be able to pick up as abnormal, and therefore void his warrenty on the basis that he had some sort of aftermarket part, which caused the damages, in which case he would be completely correct in voiding his warrenty.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

if you werent talking hard at the dealer then they have no case. Explain to them that you did no such thing and there are faults in their product line. You paid for a product that you did not get. Simple as that.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if the guy has all those mods that he says he has there is no dealer that will help him out. the gears and clutch in the tc aren't really that great to begin with. so just imagine how much abuse he has put into it w/ a turbo.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Lots of engine mods, bolted to a stock tranny... Hmmm...
Old 04-04-2005, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

they even offered to install any aftermarket performance products for my car.

more and more car companies are doing that. Mainly because they know most bolt on aftermarket parts dont really do any damage to the car. Except maybe running lean. They're just looking for the quick buck.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i hope taht turbo stuff was a direct bolt-on/bolt-OFF

if so, then jus swap everything out, go to a different dealer.

if not. scion corp...

if that doesnt work.. consult a lawyer?

if that doesnt work... warranty is over rated? go buy a new tranny?
Old 04-04-2005, 08:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah that really helps scion with their push for the aftermarket "customizing" of the cars when they refuse the warranty? sounds like what subaru did to the wrx.. when the transmissions were faulty, blame the drivers.. if this is how scion is going to treat its customers, doesn't look like they'll have many for long..

it's a fact that the manual transmissions have had problems, people have already been complaining and getting the transmissions replaced because of faulty synchros.. if we all have to get lawyers to make the warranty enforceable then how is this going to sit for scion.. not well.. no one will buy the car..

hey scion are YOU listening? your dealer is screwing over more of YOUR customers.. what are YOU going to do about it? Let it keep happening and then you don't have any customers.. NOT A WISE business decision..
Old 04-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
yeah that really helps scion with their push for the aftermarket "customizing" of the cars when they refuse the warranty? sounds like what subaru did to the wrx.. when the transmissions were faulty, blame the drivers.. if this is how scion is going to treat its customers, doesn't look like they'll have many for long..

it's a fact that the manual transmissions have had problems, people have already been complaining and getting the transmissions replaced because of faulty synchros.. if we all have to get lawyers to make the warranty enforceable then how is this going to sit for scion.. not well.. no one will buy the car..

hey scion are YOU listening? your dealer is screwing over more of YOUR customers.. what are YOU going to do about it? Let it keep happening and then you don't have any customers.. NOT A WISE business decision..
WORD
Old 04-04-2005, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mfbenson
turbonetics t3/t4 custom turbo 60 mm wastegate. full race turbo manifold, 3in turbo back exhaust piping, apexi N1 turbo exhaust muffler, hks FMIC, AEM engine management system. block hot tanked and sleeved, JG forged rods and crank. 9:1:0 CR
If you're not racing WTF is all that stuff for?

And if you don't need it could I buy it off you cheap?

OWNED!
Old 04-04-2005, 11:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

turbonetics t3/t4 custom turbo 60 mm wastegate. full race turbo manifold, 3in turbo back exhaust piping, apexi N1 turbo exhaust muffler, hks FMIC, AEM engine management system. block hot tanked and sleeved, JG forged rods and crank. 9:1:0 CR ?????

Post pictures if you can.... I would like to see that. Honestly i don't think its true....
Old 04-04-2005, 12:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Swanny
Go to a different different dealer and call Scion customer care.
Exactly!

Quick Reply: getting screwed on my warranty!!!!