Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Was going to get my money back.... but after i saw tC....

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member

Default Was going to get my money back.... but after i saw tC....

O M F G!!! tC is soooo nice. here goes the story.

3 weeks ago, i went to local toyota/scion dealership to check out the tC but they didn't had one at the time. because they are quote-on-quote "hot cakes, they dont' stay more than a day or 2 on the lot". i got interested and put down $500, and was told i'd get a call when it comes in.

today it came in. i had it in my daily planning list as "Get $500 tC money back"... yea... i was going to back out from the deal. just happened Larry (the scion guy in the toyota dealership) called and said they are just loading the car off the truck. so i was thinking, good... at least i get to look at the car before i get my money back.

i drive into the dealership and went around looking for the blue tC, i didn't see it. so i parked, got out of the car and guess what i see.... the indigo ink pearl tC!! i've seen tC on streets before but this one looked the nicest. 1) i already fell in love with the color!!!

i went straight to the car and started looking... Larry came out, greets me, got in the car and tore the sticker from the passenger window and went back to his office. about 15mins later he came out and show me the car. the interior space is un-f-believable! sooooo bigggg!!!! compared to my spec V , my V is nothing. 2) I love the interior space!

the clutch is half of my V, the throw is just slight shorter. i poped the engine and i almost had to change underwear... did Scion leave out all that engine space on purpose? you can fit 2 turbos in there. 3) i love how Scion are easy about mods and designed a car for easy mods.

i had Larry show me trunk and the rear folding sits, my eyes was like O_O! everything is so nice... i kindly asked Larry to hold the car for me for one more day.

I was under intention to get my money back but instead, i fell in love with the car. I'd like to get the tC but i dont' feel like getting stabbed again for upside-down my car. that's at least $4,000 upside-down. decisions, decisions....

oh well, i'd just like to share about my experience with tC so far. ^_^
Old 12-01-2004, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

you already have a spec V? spec V's are nice cars, and if i were you i'd probably keep it. otherwise, i love my tc.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member

yea, i've been looking for a new car recently too... my very first choice was Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 stick.

there are 2 things i dislike about my car, color and tranny. it's sunburst yellow... i hate it! tranny started to make really harsh weird sound a year ago but twice nissan told me they can't find anything.

i was in market for a new car for one major reason, interior space. the tC has WAY more than i expected. i'm going back within next hour to talk about trade-in. i won't go more than $4,000 for upside-down... if they can work something out...