Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

great tc smoking a wrx story!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Give me a break. Your not going to beat a wrx.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: ...

Originally Posted by mikochu
tC owners always have to come back with some witty remark about something that is irrelavent to the subject... It's like the tC owners are the new Civic owners...
Those damn XA owners are always talking about the tC owners
Old 07-28-2004, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

was probably the nonturbo RS model and not the WRX. I have a 5spd tC also and I know that its quick but not that quick. If it was a WRX, he was definitely not full throttle or he would have beaten you.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member

You could be a terrible driver in a wrx and still smoke a TC. I dont know what this guy is smoking but his story is BS.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member

well the WRX could of been an auto, those things drag ___. The 5spd Tc runs circles around an auto base modle wrx.

My cousin has an auto WRX (yes they do make em, don't ask me why) and when u lay into it it doesn't step out at all. by the time the boost kicks in, the auto shifts to the next gear. so i would believe him rompen on a auto wrx aka sissy boy POS waste of a good car.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Diluvium
man WRX are slow in the end (heavy).... 120? 0-60 is quick but after that its not gonna go faster.
Why oh why is it the same on every board I ever join or visit...unqualified people making sweeping statements about cars they either do not own or have never driven? How the f??k is the WRX "slow in the end"? The WRX I traded for my xA was good for a nice top end (above 140 I can tell you that) and it indeed "went faster" after it's 0-60. I have no doubt this guy outran an impreza going down the road but was it a WRX? Maybe, maybe not...they are not hard cars to drive fast. Some people need to keep their mouths shut until they can say something worthwhile and know what they are talking about.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member

I have been researching cars for a hwile.. not sre what i wanna get but i'm DEFINATELY leaning towards a tC...

IF I remember correctly...

2.5 RS

Top speed governed - appx 120-125

WRX

Top speed governed - appx 130-140ish

More than likely he had a 2.5 RS... if it was the bodystyle before the 'bugeye' headlights... it was a 2.5 RS (Subaru gave japan the WRX ONLY before 2001). If it was bugeye or "kia"ish headlights... it was either 2.5 or WRX. IF it was WRX he suxxors. I love the tC and all but... WRX should SMOKE you no ?'s. If he was badged WRX congrats, good kill, and if not... he lost cuz his tranny's geared very tightly (for accel not speed)
Old 07-28-2004, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I feel like I'm reading some bs story on the civic forum.
tC can beat a wrx?
that's not gonna happen.

btw, speak English dammit!
Old 07-28-2004, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

http://www.ktvu.com/news/3581991/detail.html
Old 07-28-2004, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
it really hurts me to read things like that. a total, total waste. you guys who are racing on the streets better hope that God has mercy on you cuz you could easily end up like those people... they even had seat belts on and their bags went off, but if the car is "split in two", there's not much a strap or a bag is going to do.

the only thing worse would be to kill someone else while driving like a maniac. that i don't know how anyone could live with. we should all enjoy our cars... but keep it civil, or turn in your license.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That crash in San Francisco was less than 10 blocks from my house. Mansell St. where the accident too place is a steep hill of about a 30 degree grade. At each intersection, the road flattens out for cross traffic. The speed limit is 25mph and the Mustang was reported to have been going 60mph. The car probably bottomed out when it hit the flat intersection and lost control. It was a devastating impact as the large tree that the car struck in the median was uprooted. When driving past the scene on my way home from work the following day, it was an incredible scene to see the tree toppled over partially blocking my side of the street.

It's a tragic waste of life, though terribly irresponsible. If they had hit a family driving across one of those intersections, they wouldn't have stood a chance.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member

Racing is one thing... racing around people = stupid idea.

Guys, leave it for the track or at least a deserted back road with no exits/entrances

Me and my buddies have a road about 3-4mi. long of straight nothing... just fields that you can see into for about 100ft. we have one guy park at one end, one guy park at the other, and if a car comes, we stop. simple as that. if anyone gets hurt its us and thats it.. we'd never drag anyone else into it

Also... even doing that is stupid because EMT's aren't readily available so if something *did* go wrong, we'd be fuxxed
Old 07-28-2004, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I raced a WRX in my xB and almost won.... the light turned green and off I went slamin through the gears 1st.. 2nd...3rd... at the same time the WRX driver jumped in his car fumbled for his keys then started the car....Im almost to the next lite im sure its a perfect 1/4 mile because this is my world damnit...anyhow here I am.... 150 feet away and the damn WRX goes by like im standin still....hmm it was almost close...
Old 07-28-2004, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by silkywilson
I raced a WRX in my xB and almost won.... the light turned green and off I went slamin through the gears 1st.. 2nd...3rd... at the same time the WRX driver jumped in his car fumbled for his keys then started the car....Im almost to the next lite im sure its a perfect 1/4 mile because this is my world damnit...anyhow here I am.... 150 feet away and the damn WRX goes by like im standin still....hmm it was almost close...
Jonah, you're so hilarious

Yeah...so my friend has a wrx... Me and him went to the drag strip...my 1/4 mile was 17.2 and his was 13.9 with just a blitz drop in filter and turboxs exhaust... A stock tC should be able to do 16.1 with flawless shifting...
Old 07-28-2004, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yah those WRXs are fast as hell. I was going in my old car about 45 and the WRX was stopped at a red light. I saw the light changing to green so I decided to not slow down and blast past him. So here I am going 45 and as soon as I get like 5 feet behind him (different lane) he takes off and whizzes past me, I couldn't even catch up.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Well, sounds like the WRX didnt want to play. But, you still showed him. I do know though, that the WRX does go 140 just fine...why do i know that? Cause the highways to New Mexico are long, straight, and empty.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You have a automatic Scion TC right? There is a big difference between the aggressively geared ratio 5 speed and the automatic. The Camry is heavier but still still gets better gas mileage than the Scion TC. Wonder why?

here is what a former WRX owner said about the Scion TC in these forums.
the top end is quicker than my WRX....seriously

it might not get to 60 in 5.9 seconds, but i bet it can hold it's own in 50-70 with a wrx
Old 07-28-2004, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by silkywilson
I raced past a WRX the other day in my stock '96 auto Civic EX 142K miles. Blew right past him and boy was I feeling proud as hell....... then I noticed the red police lights flashing in my rear view mirror right behind the WRX. Next time, yup next time for sure..........
Old 07-28-2004, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by woodstock
it really hurts me to read things like that. a total, total waste. you guys who are racing on the streets better hope that God has mercy on you cuz you could easily end up like those people... they even had seat belts on and their bags went off, but if the car is "split in two", there's not much a strap or a bag is going to do.

the only thing worse would be to kill someone else while driving like a maniac. that i don't know how anyone could live with. we should all enjoy our cars... but keep it civil, or turn in your license.
read the last sentence of my statement
Old 07-28-2004, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member

i jus lost one of my frens two days ago. he was killed in a car accident. they were speeding down a street and this fan pulled out from one of the side street they tried to dodge the van but ended up getting clipped by the van spinning out and smashing into a telephone pole. my fren in the back seat was killed. He was only 20 years old. i dont know the guy who was driving but he and my other fren are in critical condition right now.

R.I.P. Joseph "JOJO" Yoshioka.

Quick Reply: great tc smoking a wrx story!