Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

hatch rattle fixed finally

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member

Default hatch rattle fixed finally

not sure if this is the rattle everyone keeps talkin about but, i've taken my tc in to service about 4 times because the rattle kept getting worse, trust me going down the 91 isnt the best road surface and it does get to me even with music. The last time i took it in they determined the rattle as normal body flex, i guess theirs nothing i can do about it but still its not normal to have a new car sound like a 10year old car. So i took the problem to the service manager and he finally determined the rattle was from the back hatch glass that was shaking and hitting the frame. What he did was have me drive the car over rough surface and he applied presuure with his hands and pushed against the glass window to absorbe the pressure, then the rattling stopped. They took in my car and stuffed the living crap out of the hatch frame with foam and felt and some of the side pannels. Now the rattle is about 80% gone, there still rattle if the bumps are rough but thats normal stuff. hopefully this will help some people figure out what their rattle is. Also hopefully this isnt a major problem but, my lid for the stereo keeps squeeking when its open, any solutions? hope it just needs lubercation or somethign small. Thanks
Old 06-19-2005, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

glad to hear the hatch is mostly fixed.. yeah it's different fixes on each tC.. mine and some others were fixed with foam tape applied onto the bumper stops..

about the radio door, mine was fixed by being replaced. also helped that on the new console they applied foam tape to where the console clips into the dash.. putting the foam tape there stopped my squeaking