Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Help on takeing out the radio in the Tc

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member

Default Help on takeing out the radio in the Tc

Trying to take out the radio so I can connect my remote wire. man i was just out there trying, granted im drunk and didnt want to break anything. Just thought it would be wise to ask if someone already did this and could jot down some lines about how to do it. Im wiring up my sub and amp.
thanks
Flip
Old 09-18-2004, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good luck on finding the remote turn on wire.... i'm not sure which one it is... tell me if u get at it... but to get the stereo out, you have to pull off the center console that's around the shifter... well at least on my auto... but yeah, pull that sucker off and then you should be able to pull the main center console out where the stereo is. Make sure you close the cover for the stero before pulling it out or it doesn't want to come out. To get the center console around the shifter, just use your hands on both sides of it and pull up and towards the back of the car, it should slide out with a couple tugs, oh yea, move the shifter into nuetral or something so it gets out of the way when you pull the surrounding console out. After that part is out, grab hold of the silver dash surrounding the stereo and give it a tug.. i think pulling out the top of it a little bit and then pulling on the bottom works the best. it's on there pretty good so yank hard. I'm not sure if you can understand what i mean, so if you're still confused i'll post some pics of how to do it.