Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

I cannot tell the difference of ground fx

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member

Default I cannot tell the difference of ground fx

No matter how much I look at pictures and the brochure, I can't tell the difference between a tC with ground effects and a tC without ground effects.

Can anyone describe and/or show me pictures of how a tC looks before and after installing ground effects? I must be missing something...or I'm blind.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

in the rocker panels alone, there really is no big difference... but the mupmer lips, you can definately tell

for one, they extend lower because they are basically just add-ons... and the shape itself is a little different
Old 04-27-2005, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member

In my opinion its harder to tell in darker colors, I test drove a White TC with the kit this past weekend and it looked damn good. I actually kind of wised i got a white one. Oh well too late now. At least it matches my Ody.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just ask yourself if it's worth the hefty $tag.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Factory kit on the tC is extremely subtle, and the fun part is that the tC looks great even without the kit. On some other toyotas factory kit is a must, but luckily not on the tC.

Oh, and I really don't dig how the tC kit (especially with TRD springs installed) makes the rear wheel look tiny.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have always thought the same thing about not being able to tell much of a difference. There is certainly a difference, but it's subtle enough to not be too tacky or anything (which is good). I've come to the decision that it really isn't worth it to add the $1G. I'd rather use that dough for other functional, interior mods or something.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fausty
I have always thought the same thing about not being able to tell much of a difference. There is certainly a difference, but it's subtle enough to not be too tacky or anything (which is good). I've come to the decision that it really isn't worth it to add the $1G. I'd rather use that dough for other functional, interior mods or something.
I agree - it's expensive for such a small effect - but they do look good. I'd want a more aggressive kit in the long run though.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I feel the same way sometimes. I think I notice the back more than the front. Although it does look good, it's one of those mod's that adds a very simplistic look to the car, which is bad or good, depending on your style.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here is my SW w/ the kit...I think it just sets the car off, now that I have it, I can immediately tell a difference...it was worth the extra cash to me b/c A it was financed, B its under warranty, and C body kits are a HUGE pain in the ___... i have tein stechs on too.....

Old 04-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Banned
SL Member
Scion Evolution

For the price, there are much better looking body kits out there.

*TRUTH*

-Z
Old 04-27-2005, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Again, ^ Depends on your taste, Everything i have seen is Gaudy or ugly

This kit was simple, and really set's it off...

i was to nervous to drop the car, so instead i got the kit, and it fills it out alot better..

Add the subwoofer, and small lip, 32% all around

and this car is hot!
Old 04-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Banned
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Then why don't you register your car so it doesn't say "A Future Scion Owner?" That way you won't look like one of those people.

-Z
Old 04-27-2005, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Shruf, I like mine. It was worth it to me, bsp with gfx is super pretty.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wyldkard
Then why don't you register your car so it doesn't say "A Future Scion Owner?" That way you won't look like one of those people.

-Z
Thanks, wyldkard, much appreciated. We love the alienation.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

u guys gotta remember something-for almost the same price(oem kit u can get online for uder $800, others are like $1000 at least) the oem kit is painted. other kits being sold aren't painted. to get the parts painted it's gonna cost you a minimum of $500. and that's a LOW estimate. i went to the scion by my house which has its own body shop and i was going to the viniati spoiler so i wanted to find out the price to paint. they gave me an estimate or $220. granted, that's from a dealership, but a decent paint job is gonna cost you. if i go by the price that my dealership gave me to paint just a spoiler, the price to paint an entire body kit is gonna probably cost $750 at least. that means any body kit you get will end up costing you almost $2000 depending on which one you get and if you get a place to install it. the oem kit is just really clean, looks nice, and is cheap compared to others.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It also does depend on who you know and where you go to get it done - we paid $100 to paint my large, two-tiered spoiler, and it came out looking great. A friend got an entire Celica body kit painted for $450... but it's a small price to pay to get exactly the look you want - IMO.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also think it stands out more on different colors. White seems to be the one it looks best on.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by soldiercontreras
I also think it stands out more on different colors. White seems to be the one it looks best on.
very true- the thing is ive dealt w/ body kits in the past and they were nothing but trouble.. by the time they were install and painted it wasnt worth it, especially when they crack so easily, and to be honest, there are very few kits i like out there anymore... many are just "too much" for me- of course thats personal opinion, but i LOVE the way my car looks w/ the kit its just enough to set it off from other TC's
Old 04-28-2005, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would like to find a used one for like $400-$500, but full price is a little much. Im waiting for a GOOD body/lip kit to be released...
Old 04-28-2005, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/63/71985.htm

Quick Reply: I cannot tell the difference of ground fx