2005-2010 [ANT10]

I feel SOO STUPID -_-

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I feel SOO STUPID -_-

I have a brand new 08 tc with now about 400+ miles on and when I got into it was estatic (who woudnt be?) and my salesperson was explaining everything I wasnt paying attention. Well long story short, ive been driving my car in 3 even since I got it I never payed attention and I thought 3-D was the same thing..and my friend came up to me and was like..why do you always drive on 3? And I looked and I moved it over to the right and it came on D I was like OHHHHH WOW I FEEL SO STUPID. -_- Yes finish your laughing now before you read it.....done? K...well what concerns me is I drive around 60-80 on the highway and ive done this maybe 3-4 times since ive gotten the car and ive broke 100 3 times..and you guessed it, in 3. Now this probably isnt good for my car (-_-') and this is still my cars break in period..I think I messed it up already!! Nothing I can do now but to take it easy and not go so fast. Anyone think there could be a major problem that could arise from my stupidity?
Old 07-11-2007, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well, driving in 3 is not a problem but driving above 100mph 3times during break in period is a problem IMO.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear that man. Definitely take it easy from now on until you finish off that break-in period. Here are some tips that were given to me when i just got my tc:
1. try to keep the revs down as much as possible.
2. try to keep it under 60 mph
3. get an oil change after your first 1000 miles.
I'm not sure if all this is really necessary, but i guess its good advice. Good luck!
Old 07-11-2007, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why in the hell would you be ******* a brand new car like that?? Your asking to be known on a first name basis in the service bay of ur scion dealership
Old 07-11-2007, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would read your manual because for one you shouldn't be driving that fast in the break in period and for two sounds like you could learn some things about the car since you have been driving it in "3" rather then "D".
Old 07-11-2007, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HaHa I did the same!..driving in "D3"..till I realized it..

Theres "no" real Break-in period for Our Cars...
U dont Need an Oil Change till 5,000 miles!....
then after that I go w/ Mobil 1 Synthetic oil u can go 7-8 thousand before an oil change!

Cars today have the Technology where U dont have to "baby" it....
Old 07-11-2007, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, break in period isn't really mandatory on new cars. You can follow it if you want but you won't see any major improvements.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i would follow these guys' breaking in rules, better safe than sorry. Oh and driving in D isn't that dumb, whats dumb is the guy that thought the tC was AWD. hahhaha
Old 07-11-2007, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Have no fear with your automatic tC... Our 3rd gears redlines at 110mph
Old 07-11-2007, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought mine used from some lady that realized she couldn't afford it yet she had basically every optional feature installed on it.. only had like 6k miles and was in immaculate condition, so i never had a break in period and paid about 5 grand less than sticker price since it was used.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Another reason why manual>automatic
Old 07-11-2007, 10:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dun worry a lot of auto drivers have made the same mistake you did. I for one, did the same, and the car still runs like new! so no biggy.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

- there isnt a "set" break-in period, but i would still take it easy for a little
- i personally recommend using all 3 of ur free oil changes at 1k, 2k, and 3k (if you have ever seen the internals of a tC, and seen the bottom of the block, you will know why i say this, and others on this board con confirm the same thing)
- your car is brand new, DONT go with synthetic this soon. there is no need to spend extra money for nothing, unless u plan on s/c'ing or turbo'ing any time soon... which since you couldnt drive your automatic in drive... i think you should stay away from performance in general till you learn more
Old 07-11-2007, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pretty sure that there is a 1000mi break in period that the manual states to avoid high speeds, driving at constant speed for long periods, and hard breaking. I personally would trust the owners manual since it is written by Toyota/Scion who makes the car.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow...if you can't drive an automatic properly you should forfeit your license... seriously, turn off the computer and go read your owners manual.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol I did the same exact thing when I first got my tc before my current one. I did 3rd on the freeway aswell. Didn't you notice how slow the car was going? I sure did.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

It is an honest mistake to make nothing stupid about it, with the way it is. However going 100 mph during break in is stupid.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

horse $h!t, this kid sounds like he should be wearing a helmut. your 17, how long have you had a license? when you get a new car, the first thing you should do is read the manual. and taking the car over 100 mph as soon as you can, that is even dumber. when i got my tc, i was driving it slower than i did my 95 explorer 4x4. i took my time learning how the car responds and figuring out what the differences are between it and my last car.

it makes me sick that you drivers just jump into cars everyday without even understanding how to operate them and even hit triple digit speeds without knowing which gear they should select on an automatic transmission.

People
Really
Need
Driving
Lessons

how hard it is to figure out which gear your supposed to be in on an automatic transmission.

P-when you are no longer driving the car
R-when you want the car to go backwards
N-when you are pushing or towing the car
D-when you want the car to go forward.
L-when you want the car to stay in low gear for heavy loads, steep grades, engine braking.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

YOU missing 2 and 3?
guess you have to learn more about tcs
Old 07-11-2007, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

for the record i agree with drax 100%

but to answer your question about driving in 3rd gear. your fine because the transmission didnt stay in 3rd gear, it still shifted from 1st to 3rd, but wouldnt go into 4th. so when you were doing 100mph... if you woulda looked at ur tack (if you know what that is), it woulda been screaming close to if not at redline

Quick Reply: I feel SOO STUPID -_-