Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   I goofed dunno if its bad though... (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/i-goofed-dunno-if-its-bad-though-37048/)

peteyd 10-16-2005 06:55 PM

I goofed dunno if its bad though...

OK as someon of you know i have the kaminari body kit well friday I put a new grill on ($3 from home depot) and when i was remounting the front bumber appreantly i didnt rebolt the bottom black plastic piece on right, on the freeway last night it came upbolted bolt fell off and the plastic piece started dragging(sounded horrible) its the plastic piece that connects to the tire fender(?) its all one piece so me and a buddy cut it off to get it to stop draggin...does anoyne know what that piece is for and is it necessary? should i go to the dealer and have it repalce? or is it safe to leave it off? please help me out cause i dont wanna spend money if i dont have to.(sorry if it sounds like one long ramble)

toyota_scion_tc 10-16-2005 07:03 PM

Re: I goofed dunno if its bad though...

Originally Posted by peteyd
OK as someon of you know i have the kaminari body kit well friday I put a new grill on ($3 from home depot) and when i was remounting the front bumber appreantly i didnt rebolt the bottom black plastic piece on right, on the freeway last night it came upbolted bolt fell off and the plastic piece started dragging(sounded horrible) its the plastic piece that connects to the tire fender(?) its all one piece so me and a buddy cut it off to get it to stop draggin...does anoyne know what that piece is for and is it necessary? should i go to the dealer and have it repalce? or is it safe to leave it off? please help me out cause i dont wanna spend money if i dont have to.(sorry if it sounds like one long ramble)

If it is what I think you are talking about its an air damn and it also keeps rocks, dirt, and trash out from your engine. I would personally replace this if it was my car.

sciontc_mich 10-16-2005 10:38 PM

Re: I goofed dunno if its bad though...

Originally Posted by peteyd

it's necessary.. they aren't that expensive to replace.. like $50 or so.. and if you don't have it.. toyota_scion_tc is exactly right.. rocks will come up and smack into your engine NOT A GOOD THING.. so replace the plastic, you will be thanking me in the future :)

snipe99 10-16-2005 11:19 PM

its not $50 the dealer wanted to charge me 350 for it

StealthTC414 10-16-2005 11:42 PM

I can confirm this too, its not $50 its around the $322 area because my passenger side one came out while i was driving

peteyd 10-17-2005 12:09 AM

^^^jeebus christ mates i was hopin it wouldnt be that much can somone get me the exact name of the part perhaps TRD sparks or somone can cut me a better deal on it and i can get somone eelse to install it

peteyd 10-17-2005 12:10 AM

^^^jeebus christ mates i was hopin it wouldnt be that much can somone get me the exact name of the part perhaps TRD sparks or somone can cut me a better deal on it and i can get somone eelse to install it

snipe99 10-17-2005 02:19 AM

its super easy to install once u got the whole peice in your hadn . mine dragged across the highway fro about 75 miles at 110mph until it ripped off

sciontc_mich 10-17-2005 02:40 AM

wow that much? well how about checking a junk yard? oh sorry they are called "parts recyclers" now..

xnevergiveinx 10-17-2005 04:34 AM

i drove for years without one on my old corolla...but i wouldn't do that to my scion

Fujiz_xb 10-17-2005 01:56 PM

contact grizzlychoppers ...if not ill see what i can do.

peteyd 10-17-2005 02:56 PM

so its called an air dam?

azepolyn 10-17-2005 04:49 PM

i took the airdamn off my old cavalier and I traded it in with a fuel injection leak and a leak in my radiator hose somewhere. no idea if its all related, or if its cus I just didnt take care of the old peice.