Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

I goofed dunno if its bad though...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I goofed dunno if its bad though...

OK as someon of you know i have the kaminari body kit well friday I put a new grill on ($3 from home depot) and when i was remounting the front bumber appreantly i didnt rebolt the bottom black plastic piece on right, on the freeway last night it came upbolted bolt fell off and the plastic piece started dragging(sounded horrible) its the plastic piece that connects to the tire fender(?) its all one piece so me and a buddy cut it off to get it to stop draggin...does anoyne know what that piece is for and is it necessary? should i go to the dealer and have it repalce? or is it safe to leave it off? please help me out cause i dont wanna spend money if i dont have to.(sorry if it sounds like one long ramble)
Old 10-16-2005, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I goofed dunno if its bad though...

Originally Posted by peteyd
OK as someon of you know i have the kaminari body kit well friday I put a new grill on ($3 from home depot) and when i was remounting the front bumber appreantly i didnt rebolt the bottom black plastic piece on right, on the freeway last night it came upbolted bolt fell off and the plastic piece started dragging(sounded horrible) its the plastic piece that connects to the tire fender(?) its all one piece so me and a buddy cut it off to get it to stop draggin...does anoyne know what that piece is for and is it necessary? should i go to the dealer and have it repalce? or is it safe to leave it off? please help me out cause i dont wanna spend money if i dont have to.(sorry if it sounds like one long ramble)
If it is what I think you are talking about its an air damn and it also keeps rocks, dirt, and trash out from your engine. I would personally replace this if it was my car.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I goofed dunno if its bad though...

Originally Posted by peteyd
it's necessary.. they aren't that expensive to replace.. like $50 or so.. and if you don't have it.. toyota_scion_tc is exactly right.. rocks will come up and smack into your engine NOT A GOOD THING.. so replace the plastic, you will be thanking me in the future
Old 10-16-2005, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

its not $50 the dealer wanted to charge me 350 for it
Old 10-16-2005, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can confirm this too, its not $50 its around the $322 area because my passenger side one came out while i was driving
Old 10-17-2005, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^jeebus christ mates i was hopin it wouldnt be that much can somone get me the exact name of the part perhaps TRD sparks or somone can cut me a better deal on it and i can get somone eelse to install it
Old 10-17-2005, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^jeebus christ mates i was hopin it wouldnt be that much can somone get me the exact name of the part perhaps TRD sparks or somone can cut me a better deal on it and i can get somone eelse to install it
Old 10-17-2005, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

its super easy to install once u got the whole peice in your hadn . mine dragged across the highway fro about 75 miles at 110mph until it ripped off
Old 10-17-2005, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow that much? well how about checking a junk yard? oh sorry they are called "parts recyclers" now..
Old 10-17-2005, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i drove for years without one on my old corolla...but i wouldn't do that to my scion
Old 10-17-2005, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

contact grizzlychoppers ...if not ill see what i can do.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so its called an air dam?
Old 10-17-2005, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i took the airdamn off my old cavalier and I traded it in with a fuel injection leak and a leak in my radiator hose somewhere. no idea if its all related, or if its cus I just didnt take care of the old peice.