I hate my life.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default I hate my life.

So I got into my second car accident.. First time, stupid mistake, this time, wrong place at the wrong time, I guess. To make a long story short, it was sort of the domino effect, where there are three cars, the first, second, and third which was me. First car for some reason slammed its brakes, second car slammed its brakes, but by the time I saw the car infront of me stop and slam the brakes, it was a split second too late. All damage was body damage, so mechanically both cars are okay.

If I go to insurance, rates go up, mom goes crazy. If I get estimates, more money to pay, mom goes crazy. Seriously you guys, if you see "Mother beats son to death", its me . Sigh, everything was going good right now, school was going to end, was going to work for my uncle to make some pocket change but now Im going to be working all summer just to fix this mess......... Atleast we were both okay and no one was hurt.

But the thing that makes me the most ____ed about was that I just replaced my front fender and now look, now I have to replace it again..... I dont deserve to drive a tC anymore....

Old 05-17-2007, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

im sorry man, but you should really increase your following distance.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i hate when i get complacent and suddenly something goes wrong to mess stuff up. just calm down, stay cool, this stuff happens and the worst thing you can do is not learn from it and be wiser in the future. your rates are high already as an 18 year old, so whatelse is new. just keep a cool head and drive safetly and things will be fine. just keep focusing on the positive and what good things you have going for you, don't get fixed on this, there is alot more to life than driving a car. (i know i'm shocked i said that too)
Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Hit and run my friend, hit and run! LOLOL
Old 05-17-2007, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

trust me, you don't want to risk getting caught for a hit and run, i should know, i caught the bastard and he got to spend time in jail for taking off.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sucks man = / I believe in some sort of natural balance.. Sometimes I like, wow things are too perfect to be true... ANd something goes wrong. Not saying thats always the case but it sucks = / I got my car and I was like I'm gonna take good care of it! It'll look like new for years!

-hit a rabbit, grills fell off lol
-girl opened her door on my door
-got scraped twice in a parking garage (once my fault the other someone else's fault

____ happens on the road, its a dangerous place.

When I was with my mom, we were driving my sisters Hyundai and hydroplaned into an SUV and totalled my sisters car... Scary as ____. As least your okay bra, I suffered minor back injuries and a airbag to the face but I was okay.

Yeah, Id suggest increase your following distance = / If you're behind someone going like 60 and they randomly stop you should have enough time to brake (if youre fully alert) and if anything move off to the side somewhere... ____ happens fast
Old 05-17-2007, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Poop does happen fast especially if you eat really greasy food.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Thanks everyone for support and advice. Told my mom about it, she went ballistic. She started yelling at me in english and spanish, I swear she made up new words to use on me..

But my dad was totally the opposite, he just told me to be a little more cautious when driving, and always be aware of whats going on. He saw the damage and he said theres nothing like a good buff could fix. There are cracks, he said that they were clear coat cracks, is this repairable?

So what Im going to do is pretty much tell the lady that she can go get and estimate and Ill pay for everything..

I think I might have exaggerated the damage a little, she was driving a gold Camry and it was one of those impacts where you are STOPPED but the force of the car itself kept going forward. So both cars have deep scratches, at most. I didnt see any cracks on her car. To replace a rear bumper, how much would it be?

Oh yeah, the scenario was more or less like this; we were driving, the light was green, we both passed the limit line, but someone in front of her was I guess slowing down for someone else to pull into this shopping center, so she must have seen it a split second slow as well, or else she would have gradually slowed down, and I would have seen her slow down as well.

Another strange thing is that I dont normally take this street to get to the shopping center (shopping for sisters bday supplies =/), theres another way I go that involves the inner streets with stop signs, etc..
Old 05-17-2007, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's ok man. We all make mistakes; quite honestly, I believe everyone needs to make a mistake before they reach the next level of maturity when it comes to driving.

I don't need to tell you to be more careful and increase following distance, etc etc because experience truly is the best teacher.

Yes, there will be consequences. Yes, it will suck. But hey man, this is life. And guess what? You're still alive and have all your limbs. Use this as a learning experience.

And I totally understand what you're going through... my first accident was exactly like what you're saying, except it was some guy who stopped in the middle of the road for no reason (no turn or stop sign). Sure, I could keep blaming it on him... but I know its my fault. I should've been looking ahead instead of the car on the side that looked like it was about to jump in front of me.

I very quickly learned to multitask while driving at that point. Now, I don't really "think" about it anymore... its sort of just "happens" now .

And you will be sort of traumatized for a long time. That's normal too. In fact, in many ways, you'll always be rather traumatized for the rest of your life. You'll always think of "what if" that type of accident happens again. You'll have near calls in the future and won't be able to stop thinking "but what IF I was just a split second later than I was?!"

yea. I'm with ya dude!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Depends if she _____es about wanting OEM parts versus OEM quality parts and where she gets teh estimate done and and finally how honest of a person she really is.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul34
It's ok man. We all make mistakes; quite honestly, I believe everyone needs to make a mistake before they reach the next level of maturity when it comes to driving.

I don't need to tell you to be more careful and increase following distance, etc etc because experience truly is the best teacher. And hey... this is what insurance is for.

Yes, there will be consequences. Yes, it will suck. But hey man, this is life. And guess what? You're still alive and have all your limbs. Use this as a learning experience.

And I totally understand what you're going through... my first accident was exactly like what you're saying, except it was some guy who stopped in the middle of the road for no reason (no turn or stop sign). Sure, I could keep blaming it on him... but I know its my fault. I should've been looking ahead instead of the car on the side that looked like it was about to jump in front of me.

I very quickly learned to multitask while driving at that point. Now, I don't really "think" about it anymore... its sort of just "happens" now .

And you will be sort of traumatized for a long time. That's normal too. In fact, in many ways, you'll always be rather traumatized for the rest of your life. You'll always think of "what if" that type of accident happens again. You'll have near calls in the future and won't be able to stop thinking "but what IF I was just a split second later than I was?!"

yea. I'm with ya dude!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Well she was very calm about it, she even told me it wasnt really my fault, the car infront of her stop suddenly, etc etc.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Well you should roll on the well its not "my fault thank you!" game plan
Old 05-17-2007, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

yeah, glad ur ok but u do need to follow a little further behind...always leave yourself a window of escape
Old 05-17-2007, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yea, unfortunately, tailgating is one of the most dangerous things you can do. But luckily your okay. When I see you say something like "I hate my life", I really believe that you need to put things into perspective:
You are healthy, everyone is okay, and money is replacable, people are not. God forbid you or someone that you are close to gets very ill. That is when you realize that little things like fender benders and insurance rates are a distant second in terms of importance. This isn't going to ruin you or your future, it's just an inconvenience, but remember again, money is replaceable
Old 05-17-2007, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If it's just her bumper and your bumper that needs to be replaced, it's not really that bad. In my first car, when I could barely afford anything, I just threw a nose mask on when I messed up the front bumper. At least it covers the damage until you can get it fixed. I think you're just overreacting since it sucks to get into a fender bender. When you think about it, it sounds like an easy fix.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

look at the bright side...at least you or other people weren't hurt or anything. just learn from your mistakes.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Well the reason why I say that I hate my life is just because so far this is the worst that has happened to me, the feeling of committing a mistake of this calibur is very stressful
Old 05-17-2007, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by elchinoloco
Well the reason why I say that I hate my life is just because so far this is the worst that has happened to me, the feeling of committing a mistake of this calibur is very stressful
Bro, you wrecked a car. You didn't kill anybody. Be glad and thankful it wasn't worse. Always look at the positives and not the negatives. Just take this as a lesson learned and turn that frown upside down! --> :D
Old 05-17-2007, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If this is the worst that has happened to you so far, consider yourself lucky.

Quick Reply: I hate my life.